No announcement yet.

Formula D Sonoma (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my frustration at the very moment of the tap(s), was INTENSE. However, I have calmed down. Rhys stopped by the pits and apologized to calvin and Jr. All is well. It was just agressive driving in the final 4. I believe he realizes he was a bit out of line on that one. Either way, all is well...no hard feelings. We'll just have to pull in front of him a bit farther next time out. hehe.

Originally posted by Craftsman
    Ouch. Sounds painful...

Getting to my point... So was Rhys's stunt done intentionally against Calvin Won? Only the drivers really know here right? Since they got to be able to talk to Calvin and Rhys directly during the event...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by mav1178
      Hi all.

Screw you all, just for the heck of it.

Everyone wants SR. Everyone wants 300+RWHP.

But it's all good, to each their own.

I doubt any of you even know who I am or what car I drove, but I had the white 240SX coupe with 5Zigen and a few other discreet logos on the car. License plate "SLOW S13"

Oh, and I make ~145RWHP with my KA and was able to drift the course.

Hmmmm.... one of these days I should hop in the Viper or the GTO or any other high HP car... and I want to see the top guys try to drift my car. HAHA that would about even the playing field.

But anyhow, for me personally it was a kick-*Censored**Censored**Censored* event because I was able to finish the course at least once, although not 100% perfect. I need more power, about 50RWHP or so would be perfect. I'm thinking either stock S14 SR for reliability or a high compression (12.1:1) KA. We'll see how the funds work out...

Oh, and just a bit of insider info for any of you that care...

Because of various problems it took me 12 hours to drive from L.A. to San Jose on Friday night. I got 30MPG on the way up. After the event I put my catalytic converter back on the car and drove 6 hours home to L.A. And got 27MPG on the way home. My friend Nadine called me psycho for actually driving home on 8 hours of sleep over a 72 hour period... but I made it home in one piece nevertheless.

And in my eyes I was champion for the day, simply because I went to Sonoma and accomplished every single one of my goals.

And one complaint: More than a few drivers (myself included) went out and drove in round 1 of qualifying under the assumption that both runs were being judged. We got our info from one of the Slipstream guys... and this miscommunication kind of screwed some people over. But what's done can't be changed... and it was still a bad-*Censored**Censored**Censored* weekend no matter the outcome.

-alex
      Hey you did an awesome job out there! WTF they judged the 2nd run only???? No wonder we didnt qualify!!!!

Comment

O man at the hour brake a whole crowd of people jumped out of there seats and ran abd grabbed banners until the rent-a-cops came. I didnt take any cus i did not want to get in trouble. But i really wanted that Yokohama and Falken tire banners.

Comment

i didnt care i got a falken tire and a toyo tire banner they are up on my wall in my room already

Comment

Originally posted by Todd@Tires.com
            my frustration at the very moment of the tap(s), was INTENSE. However, I have calmed down. Rhys stopped by the pits and apologized to calvin and Jr. All is well. It was just agressive driving in the final 4. I believe he realizes he was a bit out of line on that one. Either way, all is well...no hard feelings. We'll just have to pull in front of him a bit farther next time out. hehe.
            And it's this positive spirit that makes us n00bs at drifting love drifting so much... It's so loving and positive.

The arrogant who think they deserve something need not apply...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd@Tires.com
              that's good!

i have the same attitude... in my last run against calvin, calvin was blocking my line so instead of going for it and possibly putting my rear end into his fender (like what happened with calvin and rhys), i just yielded and went into the dirt.

next time the situation comes, i'm going to do a better job of staying away. but if there's a car in my way, i'm going for it anyways! it is the responsibility of the chaser to stay out of the leader's line!

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                Hey you did an awesome job out there! WTF they judged the 2nd run only???? No wonder we didnt qualify!!!!
                Actually at the driver's meeting it was made clear that the first run was the practice run, and the 2nd run that immediately follows is the qualifying run, and that if time permits a second round of qualifying would be allowed.

But right before we went out some of us were told both runs were being judged... hence the confusion. For me personally, I nailed run #1 so for run #2 I pushed the car and feinted into turn 1... and whenever I feint I somehow always manage to hit the little drain ditch bump and that always messes me up.

Bad driver, not bad car.

-alex

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
                  HAHA yea you made my day benson i was looking for you all day and at the end i was so happy to see you your my hero but yea it was funny when the announcer kept asking people who would win like the top 4 or something dont remember but you and nadine kept saying ME even though you werent in it anymore but it was funny and once again your my HERO
                  anybody who says ken and dai are his heros is my hero too!

Comment

Originally posted by BensonHsu
                    i was doing tandem with ken when he crashed... we both went too hot into the last corner of the course and ken hit the wall harder than he thought he would... the rear end ricocheted off the wall, and sent his front passenger corner into the wall too... busting open his oil cooler.
                    Ouch... we heard news of the crash but no details, we feared you guys may of crashed together damaging both cars.

Did gushi go on to win or loose the round? i imagine it was hard driving ernie's car.

Comment

ken lost the round and i advanced... ernie's setup is way different than ken's car, so you can imagine how hard it is to jump in an entirely different car and drive at 100% with it.

but considering it was his first time, AND in a right hand drive car, ken rocked!! i have the utmost respect for ken, and i think he should have advanced instead of me not because of what happened in the round, but because i think he's such a great driver.

did you guys ever realize that competitions don't often determine who is the better driver?

Comment

Benson-By the way, we clocked you coming into turn one between 68-72 MPH. Speed was not an issue for you this time.

If you guys want to know something interesting. Samuel's speed was increasing as he was coming in sideways to turn one. When Samuel flicked the car once we clocked him at 65mph. By the time he flicked the car again into turn one, he was at 71 mph.

Daijiro was the fastest car coming in at 81 mph.

Pretty cool if you ask me.....

Naoki
                        www.driftday.com

Comment

ken lost the round and i advanced... ernie's setup is way different than ken's car, so you can imagine how hard it is to jump in an entirely different car and drive at 100% with it.

but considering it was his first time, AND in a right hand drive car, ken rocked!! i have the utmost respect for ken, and i think he should have advanced instead of me not because of what happened in the round, but because i think he's such a great driver.

did you guys ever realize that competitions don't often determine who is the better driver?
                          Yes, i commented when we heard the news that Ken is running a very responsive turbo, where as earnie is running a more powerful.. but obviously less responsive setup. Actualy i discussed it abit with earnie (his setup) on here a few days before hand. And the fact it was right hand drive.. man i doubt i could jump in a right hand drive, even if it was identical to my car and beable to come close to drifting it with out some practice just shifting and stuff first.

oh one more thing, who took you out benson?
                          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-13-2004, 03:40 PM.

Comment

oh one more thing, who took you out benson?
                            Calvin, in a very close competition

Comment

i see, thank you.

Comment

anybody who says ken and dai are his heros is my hero too!
                                wait so im your hero im a kid compared to you(not saying your old or anything)? lol i feel so blessed but your my hero you have the best attitude and i think your the coolest out of them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X