This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the 14 year old "drifters"

My friends, i write this out of concern. there are a number of people on this site who can not yet drive legally. Paticularly a number of 14 year olds. This isnt going to be a long post but basicly i wan tto ask my friends who are not old enough to drive not to post. Dont post to ask questions. First of all, most the questions can be found by searching this site or google for them. And second of all we have heard them all a million time.

Nothing bugs regular users on this site more then seeing a 14 year old asking about importing rare JDM cars or whatnot. Or asking if the technique they secretly used last night in mom's van is the same one a character used on initial D. Not only that but serious drifters will visit the site, do you think they will post if half the topics some how involve initial D? or start off with "Im 14....."

Dream and have fun and listen and read, but dont ask random things, you should leark on this forum for several weeks before ever posting. And only post when you can actually ADD something. Remember relax, read but dont worry about posting.. And if your brand new, dont ask a string of questions. if you have a question ask a single question and relax.

Thank you all for listening. And thank you even more to those newbies who are reading this, who arent posting!

I wish there was a section for newbies to post, oh wait.......

Comment

newbie section assumes the newbie in question can both drive and afford a vehichle to drift in. If your 2 years away from being able to drive legally then i saw for the most part your 3 to 4 years away from being able to drift.

Comment

Are newbie 16 year old NYC taxi cab drifters allowed to post? lol

Comment

Re: To all the 14 year old "drifters"

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          My friends, i write this out of concern. there are a number of people on this site who can not yet drive legally. Paticularly a number of 14 year olds. This isnt going to be a long post but basicly i wan tto ask my friends who are not old enough to drive not to post. Dont post to ask questions. First of all, most the questions can be found by searching this site or google for them. And second of all we have heard them all a million time.

Nothing bugs regular users on this site more then seeing a 14 year old asking about importing rare JDM cars or whatnot. Or asking if the technique they secretly used last night in mom's van is the same one a character used on initial D. Not only that but serious drifters will visit the site, do you think they will post if half the topics some how involve initial D? or start off with "Im 14....."

Dream and have fun and listen and read, but dont ask random things, you should leark on this forum for several weeks before ever posting. And only post when you can actually ADD something. Remember relax, read but dont worry about posting.. And if your brand new, dont ask a string of questions. if you have a question ask a single question and relax.

Thank you all for listening. And thank you even more to those newbies who are reading this, who arent posting!

edit: thank you nissanguy. We love you.

Comment

i hear ya nissanguy, but dont attack all of the 14 yr olds in general, there are some 14 yr olds that are more mature and research things before they ask questions(like me ) i know i cant drive yet(unless if driving home from the rosebowl counts), so i try to stay away from all of the tech talk and other things like that. i think there should be a section for all of the n00b people who cant drive yet, like....a huge *Censored**Censored**Censored* link above the rest of the forums so that they can see it....but hell, i have no idea what im talking about....

Comment

yay Nissan, ty for bringing this up. I love you.

Comment

Dont get me wrong im not attacking the youngin's hell Gushi is a million times better then i am and he started when he was very young. But you know.. we have some very well respected board members who dont post very often.

Anyways have fun but you know guys, take it easy on us lol...

Comment

yea, and ty soo damn much for bringing this up...there was a problem like this on gtplanet also...

Comment

Clappage for SMC.

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
                      i try to stay away from all of the tech talk and other things like that.
                      That's all the stuff you should definately be reading and learning from. Never to early to start learning.

That goes for all of ya youngins. If you read, probably 90 percent of your questions will be awnswered.
                      Last edited by Parry; 07-12-2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

yea i totally agree w/ u nissan like even tho i my self am 16 i do drive and i drift my converted 180 but i still think the 14yr old "drifters" could learn a thing or 2 and who knows they mite become good drivers someday

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                          That's all the stuff you should definately be reading and learning from. Never to early to start learning.

That goes for all of ya youngins. If you read, probably 90 percent of your questions will be awnswered.
                          yea, i do read, but half of the time i dont understand anything...and i dont want to sound like a dumbass either...so i stay quiet around there

Comment

nissan guy, i really dont think it matters wether or not you can legally drive or not, hell my dad taught me how to drive a manual transmission at the age of 13 in the back or a supermarket parking lot, granted I almost hit a homeless dude on a bike in 3rd gear...but I am glad I started young. Because the younger you are, the more fearless you are, so...if you have several more years experience than normal plus you start driving when you are younger that fearlessness will sort of be instilled in you, and you wond wuss out and make a stupid mistake while tring something new on a corner. technically I have been driving for 7 years, of course I was not regularly driving between 13-17 when i got my licence, but because I had that experience when I was 13 I have a slight edge on all of the people that I practice with now. So if you are too young to get a licence or permit, but have acess to a car and a private area, i.e. parking lot or other place to practice driving, and of course parent's permission I would ecourage driving earlier. My dad was right in the passenger's seat while I learned so please don't steal your parent's car or anything lol.

Comment

Whats with stealing my word "youngins" hey hey give credit where credit is earn.. JK Yea Nissanguy, good work. I'm sorry yall but you need to relax and learn if your really interested in learning how to drift or drive read these books. I've read them myself....

Secrets of Solo Racing: Expert Techniques for Autocross and Time Trials
                              by Henry Watts
                              (Teaches you a real racing drift)

Drive to Win: The Essential Guide to Race Driving
                              by Carroll Smith

Anywho Carroll Smith is an excellent writer and knows his stuff. Theres a few more his written but I suggest you shouldnt even look it up until you know those two by heart.
                              Last edited by Wickdmarz; 07-12-2004, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X