Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can do it for less.

Comment

Well good luck with ur ls1 project. I hopefully still got a year left on my motor till I go get a rebuild. well good luck ghost

Comment

man were losing another. i dont understand why your just gonna give up, they say 5th times a charm ahaha just kidding but ya fds are known to pop but i havent had one problem with my fd at all knock on wood. ive beat teh *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* outta the car and im still running extremly well. ive only gotten one rebuild since i first bought the car and that was cuz the fd i bought only had one previous owner and he put like 80000 miles on it and i also needed a large street port.

what were u doing to make them detonate all the time ? how much psi are u running ? i found that if u go standalone and get rid of that pettit ecu u might get more reliablity possibly.

how much are u selling the fd for ? adn are u willing to part some of it. u got any pictures of it ?

i hate to see u go, hopefully ur car doesnt go to sum 17 year old rice boy

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
          i hate to see u go, hopefully ur car doesnt go to sum 17 year old rice boy
          Chances are,with a blown engine..(the rotors are toasted for sure),they aren't going to pick one up.Let alone a price tag of somewhere in the ball park of 9-10K give a few take a few thousand.

In order to gurantee a a completely sound aka running better than what you'd get fresh off the lot when it was brand new,you'd be looking at.

Apex Seals, Oil Control Rings, Corner Seals, Side Seals, Springs , Gaskets and O-Rings are , Front and Rear Seals,Rotor Housings ,Rotors ,Stationary Gears, Oil Pump and Chain Eccentric Shaft ,Side Housings,possibly Silicon Vacuum lines...that's not even touching the surface.You could drop in a used motor with a lot of used parts,but when it comes to a rotary,that's a death wish.Not worth the risk.

Let's step in the world of the most complex fricking twin turbo setup to touch earth(well close). .Nothing is more beautiful then having a solenoid go out on this baby,or better yet,a vacuum line get hard and crack or pop off.That's a scenario all too familiar to FD owners.

If your not ready to smash your head off of a desk and drain your account,your not ready for an FD.Great cars,but they require complex care..That's why I doubt a ricer would pick this car without knowing what they are getting into.

Comment

Exactly. Not sure what I am going to sell it for, haven't thought about that. Probably would though if the right offer came along. I can't blame Rotaries entirely for the most previous destruction. Rotaries are alot less tolerable of any mess up or foul up than a piston engine. Think of it as a rich girl and a farm girl. The rich girl has to have everything payed for, it has to be perfect and new and shiney. The farm girl can get dirty, things don't have to be perfect and shiney. Thats the difference between a Rotary and a piston engine. Conditions have to be close to perfect for a Rotary to survive.

I won't part it out though, I know that. It's an R1, no way. If someone wants it, they get's it all. It's got the stock nosepiece with it and an extra Veilside style rear wing. The stock steering wheel with airbag is with it, no stereo and has a Sparco harness.

Carbon Fiber hood, not he crappy VIS kind either but a 3 layer stout hood. Brand new Fluidyne Radiator. The interior is in awesome shape and the pass door handle is not broken. The drivers outside handle needs some tightening, theres a couple of small dents on various places and the C-west nose is a little beat up from the Dragon. Car sits super low with the Tein springs, the R1 suspension is great. Paint's in prety good shape, car is tripple black with black wheels. Pictures are on this site somewhere.

Comment

nice nice, i might be intrested in the future if ur willing to hold onto it for a month or 2 or 3 but i would luv to buy it possibly.
              damn an r1 i wish my fd was born as an r1 lol ive got a pos touring booo lol but ya gl imam make sure we keep in touch cuz ur car looks promising depending on the price and damn 10k for one with no engine idk thats kinda steep isnt it ? geeze

Comment

Well look at it this way Blue....a R1 with all his mods and without the engine. You get a good rebuild from one of the top shops in the US and that will run you around 5k installed. Its now 15k which isnt that bad for what you have.

Comment

More like 6K if you go everything new(which you should).Might as well throw in a street port at least while the engine is torn down.Or,for another 4K you could hop up to a 20B.They make some nice power,haven't heard of any problems from them like the 13B (the twins have a lot to do with it,and Mazda's over the top engineering on the FD).

Now a V8 is good if your into that thing.It's quite popular to the point where you can buy kits.Now for somewhere near the same price range,I wouldn't mind seeing someone throw in a RB20DET,or RB25DET.Yeah,picture the most die hard,rock solid,bullet proof block ever built thrown into an FD.Near stock form you'd be making well over 500hp,with some work,you could hit 1000hp.These engines are known to hold that much power on a stock bottom end..Same goes for the 2JZ....yeah,that's something the Supra guys could attest to.And of course,there's been a few SR20DET powered FD's and FC's....still can't touch an RB or 2JZ though.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                    And of course,there's been a few SR20DET powered FD's and FC's....still can't touch an RB or 2JZ though.
                    yeah a RB or 2JZ in a FD......that would be crazy!!!!!! Ah man i can see now....a RB in a FD...but wouldn't that throw the weight more to the front .....o-well a RB in a FD.....mmmmmmm...

Comment

Stick up too high in the front. Thats why the SP Engineering car didn't run a hood. Be super cool though.

Comment

Ghost have you considered a Turbo II motor out of an FC?

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          Oh man ghost im sorry to hear that. Good luck with future ventures and keep us informed on it...
                          yes, keeup us informed and sorry to hear about it.

Comment

drop a 4ag in that bish jk sorry to hear about that ghost hopefully you get that bad mutha running again. PS this is why i love my car, engines are so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                              Ghost have you considered a Turbo II motor out of an FC?
                              mounts are different and Fd motors are better

Comment

ya the easiest swap is prolly an sr20det

Comment

Working...
                                X