13B-T in a MA70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13B-T in a MA70

Since I plan on drifting my supra, I was contemplating putting a 13B-T in it, or some other rotary, because I want a very light engine, with good hp capabilities, and high revs. Would this be complicated and expensive? also I would have room to do the V-mount intercooler setup, but I'm getting ahead of myself so I'll stop. If anyone has any ideas, comments, insight, feel free, thanks.

this is just a bad idea, stick with a 7mgte, v-mount isnt good for daily driving

Comment

rotory engines are great for lighter cars, but they just don't have enough torque to pull a car that heavy around. I can't think of anything you could really swap into there, and usually I'm all about real crazy swaps, but the engine it has is good enough too.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
        I can't think of anything you could really swap into there, and usually I'm all about real crazy swaps
        3sgte, 2jz, 1jz, sr20det, rb20/25, v8 hottness

Comment

Re: 13B-T in a MA70

Originally posted by Ziptyed
          Since I plan on drifting my supra, I was contemplating putting a 13B-T in it, or some other rotary, because I want a very light engine, with good hp capabilities, and high revs. Would this be complicated and expensive? also I would have room to do the V-mount intercooler setup, but I'm getting ahead of myself so I'll stop. If anyone has any ideas, comments, insight, feel free, thanks.
          How old are you? 14?

Comment

Comment

How old are you? 40?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                How old are you? 40?
                that dosent make your idea any less retarded

Comment

Even if my idea is retarted, it's no reason to insult someone. Besides it was just something I was considering.

Comment

If you like rotaries and you want torque use a 20b. the 13b cant touch a 3 rotor. I have both. Even NA the 20b can give a 13b rew a run for its money. Well a stock 13b rew. Hey though turbo vs NA. Getting the engine in isnt too difficult at all. Getting it to fire and run well is the hard part.
                    good luck.
                    PS dont waste you time with a 13b in a heavy car like a supra.

Comment

If you need to ask such generic questions about a swap like that you have no buisiness attempting it.

Comment

Originally posted by slidingsky
                        If you like rotaries and you want torque use a 20b. the 13b cant touch a 3 rotor. I have both. Even NA the 20b can give a 13b rew a run for its money. Well a stock 13b rew. Hey though turbo vs NA. Getting the engine in isnt too difficult at all. Getting it to fire and run well is the hard part.
                        good luck.
                        PS dont waste you time with a 13b in a heavy car like a supra.
                        I wouldnt recomend the 20B-RE for a fellow 16 year old. Those engines alone can cost you like $4000 up. Since you are like me and just starting to drift keep the engine stock and work on your technique instead of the engine.

Comment

Let's look at some figures here.An FD weighs 2850 lbs stock.Every 10 pounds shedded is equivalent to 1hp.Now if he gets his car down to 3000lbs at least,then adds 25hp to the ground,it will be like pulling in a stock FD.Also consider how much lighter the 13B.Sure it will lack in torque a little,but with some built up internals and a good port job (street or brdige...the porting done while building up the internals of course..such as better seals) it would and could pull quite well.Some of you act like sticking in a 13B is like dropping in a lawn mower engine.Get real.The minute someone goes againist the grain and does what no one else is doing,a crowd of people come in and post up some b/s on why you shouldn't do it,but get an SR20DET instead because everyone is doing it.And what everyone else is doing is cool right? Follow your own lead,sure the road might be tougher when your making your own.But in the end,it's worth it.If that's what you want to do,go for it.

Just research how much it will cosr you,how much work you have to get done,and ask yourself this.How much time and money are you willing to spend? Your going to need some custom parst fabricated,no doubt about it.Be sure to know what your getting into before you get into it.The worst thing that can happen is to run out of money or miscalculate something while getting halfway through the process.

Comment

Thanks Feint.

Comment

look at my web page link. Thats my car. I only 22. I know how to TIG, mig and do everything but the haltech. I dont ever want to assume becuase someone is young they are incapable of heavy fabrication. Even if the skill isnt there they may have access to the machinery to learn. With less that 5 hours of tig, assuming you have decient motor skill, you should be able to do all the welding. Well if you have a teacher.
                              PS. you cant upgrade rotary internals. Well you can but onone can afford them. lightened rotors, lightened housings. Thats it
                              As for seals. not much beats stock. Mazda now sells 2 piece apex seals as oem replacements. Anyone running 1 piece seals on a street car is nuts. 3mm seals are big bucks too and not essential if your tuner is good. Oh and also a bridgeport will kill the powerband. I dont think anyone who really drifts would prefer a peaky engine over a broad powered one. torque, I love it for a reason. I have a kouki Tii motor in my convertable. Its 13bt powerband doenst even touch the 20b and its only NA right now. So imagine what this motor will do when its run as intended, turbo.
                              Last edited by slidingsky; 07-26-2004, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X