This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a real drift?

I got a dodge stealth non- turbo. Its forward wheel drive. Drifting is hard for me but not impossible. I come on here ya know lookin for advice and all I see is noob bashing. Bashin here and there, left and right. Ya there are lots of peeps that are ricers, but let them be ricers, cause its not their fault they are retarded. Now down to my question, what constitutes a real drift? Ive seen so many crappy diagrams of foot work that im actually more confused now. lol. I got into it cause, I saw some ppl doing it and asked them about it, and they told me. Drifitng as Ive heard can be done in any car. But how? Ive managed a couple of versions on my own, but how do I know if they are correct? lol One more thing, If I like it, and i think its fun, and interesting, does that make me a ricer, noob, fanboy,loser, or anything else. Ive done research so Im not clueless.

honestly you cant do a REAL drift with out RWD... but you can do poweslides and side brake drifts with a FF, just pull the e brake on the entry of the drift and then steer through and viola!... well its not that easy but... you should get the idea...

Comment

Re: What is a real drift?

Originally posted by Toshihiko840
      I got a dodge stealth non- turbo. Its forward wheel drive. Drifting is hard for me but not impossible. I come on here ya know lookin for advice and all I see is noob bashing. Bashin here and there, left and right. Ya there are lots of peeps that are ricers, but let them be ricers, cause its not their fault they are retarded. Now down to my question, what constitutes a real drift? Ive seen so many crappy diagrams of foot work that im actually more confused now. lol. I got into it cause, I saw some ppl doing it and asked them about it, and they told me. Drifitng as Ive heard can be done in any car. But how? Ive managed a couple of versions on my own, but how do I know if they are correct? lol One more thing, If I like it, and i think its fun, and interesting, does that make me a ricer, noob, fanboy,loser, or anything else. Ive done research so Im not clueless.
      Personally I dont BASH newbies.. but IF a newbie starts drifting in a public road, thats when I will start bashing newbie..

FOR ME, Im not bashing because they're new into drifting. I bash them because of the LACK of responsiblity and common sense a wanna Be racer has. Look, its nice that you want to drift. But you better take some classes or drift in an empty... (EMPTY!) parking lot. Oh yeah by yourself. do not attract alot of people, because a crowd of cars will get you in trouble.

Oh yeah, make sure you have good suspension and A good brake system. When your in a turn. Pull the E-Brake about 2-3secs or just enough to loose the tracktion in the rear tires and turn your car to the direction you want to turn and then couter-steer the car.
      Good Luck and Be SAFE
      (dont consider this as BASHING)
      just an FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
        honestly you cant do a REAL drift with out RWD... but you can do poweslides and side brake drifts with a FF, just pull the e brake on the entry of the drift and then steer through and viola!... well its not that easy but... you should get the idea...
        How do you powerslde an FF? No matter how much power you have to the wheels,you still can't slide it on sheer power.

Comment

to answer your question, a real drift is when the front and rear tires slide at the same time. The car is propelled sideways and moves sideways. Upon entering a corner, you should be sideways, not sideways when you exit. Thats as simple as I can put it. Most people mistake a power slide for drifting. There is a difference.

Comment

re

you pull the e-brake bringing the rear wheels to a halt,
            the front tires will keep spinning (FF) because you just
            engaged the clutch at hight rpms

Comment

You know you're doing some real drifting when the person riding shotgun cant stop screaming/yelling.

Comment

ah

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                You know you're doing some real drifting when the person riding shotgun cant stop screaming/yelling.
                Maybe they are screaming because the person driving doesn't know what their doing and it might turn out to be a fatal car crash?

Drifting isn't as fun after you crash...

Drifting might be fun again if crash and survive.

Comment

Re: ah

Originally posted by sobe
                  Maybe they are screaming because the person driving doesn't know what their doing and it might turn out to be a fatal car crash?

Drifting isn't as fun after you crash...

Drifting might be fun again if crash and survive.
                  Dude, drifting is always fun after you crash.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                    because most of you havent seen it before..........

Anything...ANYTHING.....anything...can be drifted. Dont let some egoistic rear drivers let you think that a car has to be rear drive to drift. I have drifted vans, suvs, toyota tercels, chevy cavaliers, vws, rx7's, subarus, jeeps, oldsmobiles, buicks, soab-box derby cars etc etc etc. They can ALL be drifted.

Drifting plain and simple is sliding sideways------nothing more nothing less----although being able to control the slide and sliding intentionally makes YOU a drifter.

Power slides ARE drifts, handbrake slides ARE drifts, sliding while coasting (no e-brake no throttle) IS a drift.

LSD's will NOT make you drift. You do not even need to be using the throttle to drift ANY car.

brakes and throttle and steering can be used in combination to control weight transfer to different wheels helping to induce a slide/drift BUT, it can usually be done with steering inputs alone in ANY car with TOTALLY STOCK suspension.

NEVER ever listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

Comment

^most useless unintelligent post.

Comment

unfortunately your I agree with your signature and nothing more

Comment

re:

a good idea and also somethin kinda funny is the board on here in the drifting section about can i drift a stock 240?
                          lolOWNAGE..

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
                            unfortunately your I agree with your signature and nothing more
                            http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=626

Comment

Originally posted by jboss
                              because most of you havent seen it before..........

Anything...ANYTHING.....anything...can be drifted. Dont let some egoistic rear drivers let you think that a car has to be rear drive to drift. I have drifted vans, suvs, toyota tercels, chevy cavaliers, vws, rx7's, subarus, jeeps, oldsmobiles, buicks, soab-box derby cars etc etc etc. They can ALL be drifted.

Drifting plain and simple is sliding sideways------nothing more nothing less----although being able to control the slide and sliding intentionally makes YOU a drifter.

Power slides ARE drifts, handbrake slides ARE drifts, sliding while coasting (no e-brake no throttle) IS a drift.

LSD's will NOT make you drift. You do not even need to be using the throttle to drift ANY car.

brakes and throttle and steering can be used in combination to control weight transfer to different wheels helping to induce a slide/drift BUT, it can usually be done with steering inputs alone in ANY car with TOTALLY STOCK suspension.

NEVER ever listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.
                              Yeah, but can those cars drift through a series of corners smoothly and at high speeds well?
                              Last edited by Akira714; 12-02-2003, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X