Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First REAL car...

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
    Today i just bought my first real car... i have another that was a gift to me from my parnets as a means for transprotation... well i just bought a 1985 Corolla SR5 AE86, sohc 4-AC for $100... I plan to do the bodywork in the coming spring, along with clutch and suspension work. But either way a AE86 for 100 is a hell of a deal. Chas ill be in touch soon to find the price of the body parts for the JDM conversion im going to do while i do the bodywork.

Congratulations!.. good buy!
    you got the Carburated one right? Thats cool. Work with it for awhile and get some good performance rims and start ripping some pavements.
    Look around for some 4a-g engines. My Bro already got a quote on it. Its like 4k

Comment

Man it would be awesome if you put a set of weber sidedrafts on a 4ag. You could make nice power and you can keep your sr5 gas tank/lines/pump/wiring. Then all you need is the 4ag, header, exhaust, carbs w/ carb stuff, and bell housing. you can even use the 4ac engine mounts.

You can also use the 4ac accessories like water pump, engine mounts, alt etc. The only bad part is tuning carbs. But if you can tune them well it's free power.

Carbs are cool they sound great and have MANLY throttle response. And they look cool too:

Comment

I mean how badass is that?
        Attached Files

Comment

Man, i want that car.... i love hachis, they're great

Comment

Yea well... ive been looking for a year. one came up about two months ago for $950 but i didnt have any cash at the time....

Comment

Gettin Hustled...

I got hustled, well atleast i think I did. let me size up the seller for you... a really fu(kin huge guy, that drove a corolla to school for a few weeks. He had different cars every month. One day it caught my eye, and i asked how much for it... well he said $300 i said well ok but give me a few weeks. then earlier this week he says $100, and i happen .. to have just gotten paid on monday and had the $100 with me... i paided him on the spot and got the title... he tells me how he has to take his speakers and stuff out of it... and im ok with that. but now today he comes up tryin to get me to sign this thing...(today was the worst day of my life for other reasons)...

"I blank, agree to have bought this car for blank. for $100. As Is."... i was not in the normal mindset of a person. so i refused to sign in the frist place... then it dawned on me.. he said that my car was waiting for me in the parking lot of a ghetto grocery store... WITH THE DOORS UNLOCKED AND THE KEYS UNDER THE FLOOR MAT. now i am no angel and i know alot of people who jacked cars before... and everyone knows you never do that... I would have gone to get it tonite... but i was later arrested and now i cant leave my house... and im not supposed to go on here... but heres my thing to you... dont be too quick to buy a car... you dont know what your getting yourself into...

Comment

yea dont hurry take your time probably it was stolen haha that is the most stupidest thing i heard you shouldve paid him and tell him to come to your house or to his house and take it instead of getting it in a parking lot its ok with the ridicules i have the same its all about old school love and i dont care what anybody says about my sr5 hatch but i love it

Comment

so lemme get this straight, y ou were arrested???
                  dude, sounds crappy, guess i should do a background check wit my car

Comment

i was arested on other non related charges, the car i still dont know about... im on like super lock down... parnets hella tripping...

Comment

yes the trueno is my 1st car 2

i got my 1st car like 3 months ago. its a 1986 toyota trueno (sr5) but its a gt-s now me and my bro dropped a 4AGE 20 value. a front clip straight from the "land of the rising sun"(japan) thats all i got but im looking for some SSR Formula 1 mesh wheels! please hook me up. Im 16 with a minimum wage job so my budjet is low please help me with these rims

Comment

GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i got 2 do is give ur props dawg now thats what a 4age should look like look up 2 him

Comment

Aights im geeked yall, i got mah car.

Today i mentioned the situation to my friends... and we decied that i should get my car,(mainly cuz they wanted to go drift) so we rolled to school and looked for him...(no luck)... hey i gotta idea lets roll to his crib... and ask his pops for the keys. (much luck) we drove around this shittyass trailer park looking for his house... insted we found my car... hmmm... so we went through it and checked for the key... nope... well lets find his trailer... ahahah... well we did... we knocked on the door and his brother awnserd high as a mug.. well we expained who we were and what we wanted i showed him my title and he invited us in... we sat down and he walked around trying to find the keys... (no luck)... hey what time is it? 10:45... hey anit first lunch at 11:10? yea... lets roll back to school and wait for him... hahaha (very much luck)... we found him and i walked up and asked for the keys... he said he didnt have them... he said they were at home... then my friend walked up and said no there not we were just there.... oooh now he starts stuttering and stalling... he is realizing that we are (no good kids)... he grabs his key ring and digs around on it... finds the key... and hands it to me... there he says... ok .. i hand it to my friend... that a corolla key? i ask knowing he's stole plenty of them... yea, lets roll... so we did.... and BOY that was soooooo fun drifting that....around and around we went... drifting in this one parking lot... then we brought it to its storeage place.... cant wait for the spring... next on my list... a clutch and brake pads...

Comment

oh yea... your SR5 still a SR5... just with a 4-age... you still have the SR5 rear diff and drum brakes... and most of all that nasty interior... heheh

Comment

where are you from panda?

Comment

Atleast you got the car finally, but it sounds like you need to do a little bit more drift related stuff to try and stay out of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X