Your Favorite Drift wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NiteKids is on the drifting forums now?

There's no such thing as drift wheels. Let's humor them, though.

7" isn't THAT skinny. It's hard finding tires for really wide 16s, and I refuse to stretch.

Have you ever heard of spacers? They make poor-offset wheels look like good-offset wheels. Not all of us have a lip fetish like you do.

Comment

I been registred but I usually never post on here.

Yes i know there is no such thing as "drift wheels."

Also yes 7 inch is very skinny. Low offset and wide wheels upfront gives you been steering response upfront.

Also spacers don't make any wheel look like good specs Spacers don't make a skinny high offset wheel look like a low offset wheel. The face is still flat and the the face on lip wheels also does not go further back. Just the wheel is spaced out.

Whats your problem w/ streching tires anyway. Well we are talking about "drift wheels."

Comment

I hate stretching tires. I prefer proper fitments. If it's good enough for ALMS, F1, WRC, BTCC, JGTC, et al then it's good enough for me. My car's nine-tenths grip, one-tenth drift... thus I see no advantages to stretched tires.

Nitekids, I kinda understand the fundamentals of spacers. I'm not your average n00b who doesn't know offset from bolt pattern. I don't care if the wheel has a lip, as long as it's semi-flush and clears coilovers. I care much more about weight than how cool the lip looks.

Comment

Nitekids: 7" skinny? It really depends what car they are on. Put a 13/14x7 on a starlet and they feel wide as hell. On lighter cars its fine.

Maybe all you guys with the 2500+lbs cars need wider wheels I dunno since mine is 2000lbs. I have 14x8 -5 hayashi street fin and they are really wide for the corolla.

They are awesome and weigh 9 lbs!

Here's a pic from when i first got them.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by aphxero; 08-18-2004, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
            and you could cut pizza with those 7 inch wide pizza cutters!

9 inchs or more ONLY!
            What are you talking about 7 inches is perfect. 9 or more is overkill. Not even Sams viper has wheels that wide. I think he uses 8 inch.

Comment

Pretty much anything light. My personal favorite wheels are remakes of the Minilites

www.superlite-wheels.com

Comment

+1 saint drift. minilite/panasport/rewind etc are nice and look good on almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkumi
                  Not even Sams viper has wheels that wide. I think he uses 8 inch.
                  I hope you are joking.

Comment

I don't drift my car but is has these wheels on it now
                    Attached Files

Comment

but i plan on puttin these wheels on it
                      Attached Files

Comment

9 inches only? Nitekids, I sure hope you are sponsered to run all these John Holmes size tires on your car.

different wheel ghost haha
                        Yea, I know It was a halfhearted attempt to put a driving thought in peoples heads.
                        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-19-2004, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                          9 inches only? Nitekids, I sure hope you are sponsered to run all these John Holmes size tires on your car.

Yea, I know It was a halfhearted attempt to put a driving thought in peoples heads.
                          You are quite aware....on the 9's are gonna be some small streched tires with no sidewide flex best for drift.

Comment

i dunno what everyone means by "drift wheels", but for a nice looking wheel i like pretty much anything made by work, and one of my personal favorites is the Advan RG.

Comment

Longchamp XR4's
                              Advan Oni's
                              SSR mk2s' and 3''s
                              work equip 03's
                              Hayashi CR street fin
                              watanabe 8 spoke
                              like them all don't know which i like best

oh yeah can't forget the Kei Office dori dori

Comment

Originally posted by RX-7s_Rule
                                I don't drift my car but is has these wheels on it now
                                Well, I don't suppose you'd be drifting that swing-axle beetle anyway. Been there done that. Used to have a '56 cal-looker with 5,5 BRM replicas. 205/70-15 rear and 135/15 fronts and a IDA powered stroker behind the rear wheels didn't drift to well

Cool car though...

Comment

Working...
                                X