No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Drift wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey URMachines... how much do the Advan's cost? Plus, How much do they weigh? I want cheap super lightweight rims.

Matt.

Comment

For what it's worth, the rims that I have I paid $40 for the whole set (yes, forty dollars) and that came with rubber, good enough to serve me (and my wheelspinning needs) for nearly 6 months before I put new rubber on them. To make them look the way they did in that picture, I took Crisco (yep, crisco food shortening!) and some 300 grit sandpaper and just did a quick-over on the lip to take out some minor scratches. Then I took some good old wheel acid to them, let them etch for like 20 seconds, washed, re-acided, washed, re-acided and they came out looking like that.

After I did that, I took a terry cloth wrag, some Mothers Mag Wheel/Aluminum Polish, a few hours, and then they looked like the attatched picture.. not MINT but good enough for me. I'm not that picky.
      Attached Files

Comment

craftsman- the advans costed me $980 plus 100 for shipping from hawaii. the front 17x7.5 weigh 15 lbs and rear in 17x8.5 weigh 16 lbs. not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkumi
          Oh whoops you were agreeing with me. haha

Yeah, I see you where you could have mixed that up..

Anyways, I like just about any deep-dish rim. I saw a 7-Series BMW today with some medium-dished (couldnt call them deap dished) rims that looked really nice They will never see slideways action though, however I bet the engine in that 7 would have no problem spinning the tires if the traction control was off..Especially the 760 and its 6 liter V12

Comment

my dream tuner would be a Chevrolet Corvette C5 with the C6 LS2 6.0 V8, 6 spd manual *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in oath that would rule

Comment

i'm gonna have to go with Advan TCIIs
              Attached Files

Comment

And no he is not joking, Sam was on Wind Tunnel on the Speed Channel and he runs 295mm wide wheels because that is the biggest michelin or whoever his tire sponsor is makes. And yes they were either 7" or 8" wide. And 7" sounds more like what he said on that interview..
                just so you know, 295mm is 12 inches, the size on the stock viper comp coupe is 11" front, 14" rear
                link to supercar.net stats

Comment

I remember Sam saying that the tires were 295's but, I don't remember him saying 8 inch wide wheels. It really wouldn't be possible. The stock Hoosier racing slicks on the comp coupe are 345's in back on 19X14 wheel and 305's on 18X11 in front. The Michelin's on the stock viper are 345's on 19X13 in back. Other than the tire sponsorship, I wonder if there is a benefit to running smaller than stock tires. Thay probably are easier to spin than the stock size because the contact patch is smaller. With over 520 hp, it probably doesn't matter.

Comment

Fabulous, im right your wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X