Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami
    1, Yes it is true, its more that the rod is pushing in one direction and pulling in the other, also the angle change.
    2, From my experience I prefer the panhard over the watts link. You can tell a difference.

doriFC
    To me its a bit too cheeply made though. The older ones had alot of problems when you would mod them. And i dont really like the interiour. Feel like im in a box. But overall, you get alot of performance for the money you spend, so I'd still give the car a thumbs up.

ONtheROADagain
    The steering has gone threw a few changes this year.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• oh... and how do you weld your diff?

Comment

• Alex, what are your thoughts about this new judging format Formula D will use in the 05 season?

Originally posted by Formula D

The judging format we are exploring is a panel of 5 judges that will use our existing scoring system. We are going away from having 3 Japanese judges. Not because we do not like that format but becasue we feel we really need to develop a more centralized scronig system something that can be backed up and will differentiate what FD is compared to others. More info on this to come

Comment

• doriFC,
          What i do is take the diff apart or the spider gear parts out. Then cut those gears down so you have a better surface to weld to, then weld those to the housing.

my 1 88 u,
          I like it alot. Some of us drivers suggested it to them and im really glad they are going to use that idea. We asked if we could have say 2 japanese judges, 1 or 2 american, then 1 or 2 guest judges from other parts of the racing, drifting, extream sports industry.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex, any chance of you competing in Japan?

Comment

• hey

ey Alex do u know a person named Jonathan Kobayashi..... nickname is ika..... he said he knows you from hawaii....?

Comment

• my 1 88 u
                That would be fun. I wish it was possible.

mikoyboyjmf,
                Yes I know Ika, worked with his dad at speedtech and raced go karts with them.

Comment

• coo

that cool man.. i work wirk with ika and we got ina conversation about drifting and he told me about you and im like yeah i heard of u.. and he told me about some crazy stories about how crazy a driver you are and how good a mechanic you are..... and also he told me about when u scared him when you guys raced with them go carts.... lol... ill tell him about this..... and congrats onthe win and also that s2k is looking greaaat..peace!!!

Comment

• hello alex i am considering the purchase of an 86 on this site and i was wondering it it sounded like a good car to start on.
                    i deffently planned on getting the 4agze swap and this seemed like a good deal for all the included packages.
                    here is the link
                    thanks a bunch in advance
                    http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=9763

Comment

• Hachi-roku04 - I took a look at the 86 and had a few thoughts. You asked if it would be a good car to "start on" - I don't know how old you are or how many cars you have had, but if this is your first car or, rather, first 86, I would suggest going for something a little more stock.

The 86 looked like a decent car but personally, I always have had reservations about buying other people's ultra-modified cars - without knowing the car prior to buying it, you have no clue where it's been or what it's been put through. If you have your heart set on a 4AGZE AE86, more power to you, but all you really need to have some fun is, as Alex would put it, "a straight car with good tires".

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

• i spoke personally with the guy last night and it he is selling because of financial problems. the car is rated at 180 hp to the wheels right now but thats because its running at .5 bar. its adjustable up to 1.8 bar.
                        he said it is a good daily driver amog otherthings.
                        i figured id leave it at .5 for a while and slowly pack more boost in as i advance in skill

Comment

• Do you think we'll ever get a drift track in the US?

Comment

• Hachi-roku04,
                            I'm with sccakid on this one. Go for a clean stock car and find one not in the cities. And i want to call BS on a few things, ive never seen a 4agze with 180 to the wheels with .5 bar. You could maybe get 180 the the wheels if you had 1 bar! Or a supercharger that can go more then 1.1 bar. 1.8 bar, Thats BS!!!

my 1 88 u
                            It would be nice. There are alot of people talking like they want to make it happen but talk is cheep.

Comment

• arent stock 4agze's rated at 170 hp

Comment

• You need to learn that just cause they say that, it doesnt mean thats what you get to the wheels. Its a BS number they throw out there. A general number to put in mags and such. But if you throw the car on a dyno, it will probably be closer to 130 to 140 at the wheels. Even with mods (a pulley) you dont gain much out of a 4agze. The overall supercharger design is bad. Given its still more then 90rwhp of a blue top.

Comment

Working...
                                X