Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer

hatebbobbarker,
    First off its not a 4ag. Second is it cost too much to make hp, you may as well put an sr20 in your car, and if your going to do that you have to change the rear end too, hmm, sounds like you just made an overpriced s13. If you cant handle the low hp of a 4ag, then dont get a ae86.

i know, i was just annoyed cause you advocated swapping out rotarys and im a rotary nut. plan to destroy 1 mint classic chevy in the future for every small block FD.

Comment

• haha i agree with alex... very very true...

Comment

• TopSecret240,
        On My car, i run Hawk blue race pads. They are something i wouldnt suggest at all for a street car. They are very aggresive, make alot of noise, and wear out rotors and pads way to much.
        My last ae86, i couldnt find a good pad so i made them. I took a set of Pagid Orange pads out of a 993 (95-98 911) and then cut them to the size. Its a much better all around pad. Meaning they dont take time to warm up, not too hard on the rotors, they last a fair amount of time, even daily driving with them, and you never need to worry about them fadeing on those hard runs, and they dont make as much noise as a full race compound.
        On the s2k, they have a set of RS*R pads in there and they feel very similar to the pagid's i used to have. I'm trying to see if they would be willing to start selling some of those here in the states. They are a bit more expencive but i feel they are worth the extra money.

AuspeX,
        Miata, hmm. It can be a good with the right setup. I think it will be still be limited though. With its suspension design, its limited on its drift angles and off throtle slides. Kinda like the S2k is.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hey alex im looking into making a kart for racing any advice on what i should do and what i should expect to pay for a competitive setup? anything will help.

thanks

Comment

• I dont know about making a kart to race. The kart racing industry is pretty intense. In order to win, you must have the top of the line kart and parts.

Usually takes a while to get the hang of racing those things too. My suggestion is to pick up a used kart. When you start to get the hang of it, then buy a brand new motor so your up to speed with the other guys. Run that for a while, then go out and get the high end stuff later.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• On the RS-R S2k, how much of the body is carbon fiber/fiberglass?

How well do you think early-mid eighties sedans, such as the Volvo 240 or BMW 2002, will drift?

If you could listen to music while drifting, would you? If so what would you listen too?

In Drift Society Vol.1, during the part where you helped 'persuade' that one guy to cut his hair into a mohawk, where was that?

Do you prefer the US D1 Gran Prix or Formula Drift series?

Comment

• I think in the drift society thing was in Sema Vegas

Comment

• Yeah, that hair cut thing was in vegas, last year sema show time.

The older cars can make good drift cars. The main difference is the availability of parts for those. Alot of the parts you need are not that easy to find anymore.

Everything you see on the car is dry carbon. There is only 2 spots that are still metal, the pillars around the windshield, and that small section in between the roof and the trunk.

Hmm, FD vs. D1. They employee's of D1 here in the states are idiots, they have no idea what they are doing. Makes everything frustrating even before you get to the event.
                  FD is alot more relaxing and they let things flow. They are alot more openminded and they do their best to help there drivers and teams more so then D1. Lets just say D1 has an attitude problem.

Comment

• God I hate to do this, but Alex, what is your general knowledge on coil overs on AE86's? I have an Option vid that shows a black corolla that obviously has them, but I've heard that it's a difficult thing to do.
                    Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. The coilover is definately not the front, as it's not spindle mounted. Also, did any of the IRS models make it over here to the US?

Thanks in advance.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sup Alex, so i got a parts car with a manual rack.
                      I want to use it on my project car.
                      Should i keep the PS knuckles or the manual knuckles.
                      Also you got any of the spacers instock that help increase the turning angle?
                      Anymore BV T-shirts as well?

Thanks in advance.

Max

Comment

• Picture from 12/19

Here's a pic for you

Comment

• soultron,
                          Its not that hard to do rear coil overs and alot of people do offer them. I choose not to go rear coil over since im more old school when it comes to ae86 setup.
                          I havent seen anyone with IRS in the usa. I was thinking about building a custom setup for my car, mainly because i need a stronger ring and pinion and if im going to custom fit a rear end, i may as well go all the way and build a IRS for it.

illegalgarage,
                          I like the manual knuckles with kit #2. The steering is easier to turn and doesnt get stuck at full lock. Yes i have them in stock but sorry, no t shirts.

C2POWERHAUS,
                          I like that picture.

Comment

• Do you think they'll ever bring D1 or FD to the East Coast?

Comment

• I know FD will be there for sure this year. Think our first event will be in New Jersey.

Comment

• how about the midwest?

Comment

Working...
                                X