• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you just need the right inside for fd owners
    www.rx7club.com
    www.nopistons.com

got any old stuff lying around?? wink wink nudge nudge

Comment

• Hey alex. I know you are an ae86 guy but... I have a stock s13 coupe and every time I try to get it sideways at speeds over 30mph the car tries to understeer into the outside of the turn, but then last night I did a (drift?)
      It felt and sounded like I had the front breaks locked but the rear was doing what it was suposed to do. could this be because my tention rod and tie rod end bushings are shot?

Comment

• insane,
        Its really hard to say if there is something wrong with your car without taking a look at it myself. Some of it may be your driving also, and I'd have to ride in the car with you to point out the mistakes.

The s13 does have a bit of an understeer to start with and if you turn the wheel too fast, you just make it worse.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• You know, even though you weren't in my car you were still able to help me.
          When you said "The s13 does have a bit of an understeer to start with and if you turn the wheel too fast, you just make it worse" did you mean under all conditions or right before the drift, when the rear tires still have grip?

If in some weird way it was possible to remove the rearends out of cars and drift only on them, not taking into account the vehicle that it came out of, would you choose solid-axle or irs.

Comment

• Thats under all conditions.

You kinda pick the car you want because of what it has in it and how it handles. The irs has its advantages.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Hey Alex I have a s13 that is lowered over 4 inches with welded diff and 0 offset wheels, it is hairy at high speed drifts right now and snaps around quickly because of the alignment(obviously we ran out of adjustment), anyway I just ordered all of your adjustable arms can you please let me know a good drift setup alignment? pm me if thats better.

Comment

• Wow. I'm honored that you would reply. I'm gonna just stop being a cheap bastard and spend the extra $30 bucks. It's Battle Version I want and it's Battle Version I shall have!! (insert sinister laugh here)

P.S.- It's still unacceptable on JSPEC's part; not answering multiple emails and fax. Don't forget the DON"T CALL OUR STORE policy. That can't be good for sales Mr. Pfeiffer. You should talk to them. It affects them mostly, but some costumers might decide to buy a cheaper product cause there's no response and they want to save as much as possible. Thanks!

Comment

• Aiki-Drift, I know the guys (there are one 2 people who work at jspec performance) and I know how they are with customer service. Most of the time people are just trying to get JDM information from them since their business name is jspec, and it gets to the point they dont want to answer the phones anymore. They spend most of the days running around picking up and droping off parts to the local shops. Thats why email is best, but yeah, I dont see why they didnt reply if all you are trying to do is make an order.

TopSecret240,
                  A basic setup to start with would be -2 to -2.5 front camber with 0 front toe, for the rear, start off between -1 to -1.5 with a little bit of toe in.
                  I really need to do a write up on the 240's as far as suspension settings. I will work on that when i get a chance.

Comment

• thanks i will use that for baseline setting with 1/8" toe in in the rear.

Comment

• I was just looking at your site and I'm wondering why you do not have battle version products for the S2K?(at least for sale anyway)Is it because of the market...

Comment

• Alex,

Do you ever think you could beat me at poker?

See you soon buddy I had a blast this weekend!

LAter,

JR
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• CrazyBadger,
                          Yeah, I know, I really should make some parts for that car.

JR,
                          I'm going to get you next time you lucky SOB!!!!

Comment

• oh man, i wish you guys had more time here. then we could have a poker tourney or something.

Comment

• Yea, i geuss. So you don't even have them for your s2k?

Comment

• pony,
                                I'm always down for some poker. Maybe I should get a set of plastic chips to take on the road.

CrazyBadger,
                                Yes I did make some custom upper control arms for the RS*R s2k. I could always make a fixture and make more. List price I would estimate to be about $800 for a set of rears, $900 for the fronts. Not sure if there would be enough people to buy them at that price if I made more.

Comment

Working...
                                X