Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TURNS101,
    I dont know if i say it was one of the most difficult cars to drift or if was just hard to drift and they made it seem alot harder then it is. The RX8 in stock form is kinda hard but not the most difficult by any means.
    The miata is kinda like drifting the S2k. Very similar suspension design with the double wishbone front and rear. Yes it takes more time to get used to and makes it all the more challenging.

drifterd,
    I found it ironic myself, but at least i lost to the corolla and not the GTO. Wait, that happened too. Damn, I better step it up.

ryans,
    I try not to worry about things and just let it flow. In practice I'll run hard just to see what will happen if i push too much, then figure out my lines and find my visual points. Then before I run in the comp, I wont watch the few cars running before me and just kinda relax and do my run in my head. Sometimes I kinda stress out a bit if im not comfortable with my lines after practice, thats when I find something to drink. You have to keep yourself hydrated!!!

CRASH
    4agze w/turbo,
    1 bar boost=230 rwhp

Jaggorri,
    It was good to be back in the bay again. We couldnt have asked for a nicer day.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex,
      Thanks for the reply. The article did make it sound like it was a hard car to drift- In my opinion anyway, but they had to make an article of it
      Once I have my engine back together I hope to see you in Fontucky and you can jump in my car and give me some pointers. I do like the challenge from the difficulty level of drifting my car. So I have to practice, practice.
      Thanks,
      -Jeff

Comment

• so alex i'm still on the 86 topic, I'm guessing that you pretty much took off all of the supercharger componants off of the 4agze. Was the turbo more efficent to get more boost out of then the supercharger? and what turbo set up did you use? kit or custom? details?

Comment

• I was wondering Alex if you would know anywhere that could actually make tie rod spacers (I think thats what I'm tryin to ask) for a 2nd gen miata cause it seems no one really makes any (miata tuners that is)

or if you know any tricks to increase turning radius

thanks

Comment

• I'm with him ^

-Jeff

Comment

• Sorry Crash, I dont really want to talk about the ae86 right now. I'm pretty pissed at it and the setup is a work in progress, it just has never progressed into something i've been really happy with.

Forge_55b,
              If you know someone with a miata in so cal, have them come by G-dimensions and I'll take a look at it.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• I'm in Temecula!
                Where is G-dimensions I can make a trip in a couple weeks...
                Alex:
                PM me the addy and info and Iwill see what I can do for the roadsters
                -Jeff

Comment

• hmm seeing as how I'm in Iraq atm and my car is in socal i would gladly donate my car to get tested out hehe but im sure someone else would gladly be the guinea pig

Comment

• Hey Alex,

When are you gonna rock a BATTLE Swing sticker on the S2000, hahaha.

It was good seeing you back in the Bay for DDNorcal. Thanks for helping out. You'll be always welcome up here.

Comment

• Cool. Hopefully I will have the engine in this weekend and try to get up there ASAP.
                      -Jeff

Comment

• What are the engine specs on the RS*R S2000? Im planning on building one for drifting and was just wondering what RS*R has done to there s2k. Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by PhoPower
                          What are the engine specs on the RS*R S2000? Im planning on building one for drifting and was just wondering what RS*R has done to there s2k. Thx
                          i do believe suspension is the key on the s2000
                          assume the motor is just lowcomped and turboed

Comment

• Hey Alex,

I just wanted to wish you Good Luck at Drift Atlanta this week. I remember how you got robbed last year. You totally should have won your tandem battle against Sam. You better bring it hardcore! 1st place!

I almost had it worked out for me to go, since my parents live in Georgia, but it didn't work out. I'll see you lata. My suspension is in, so I'll schedule a time with you soon to get it aligned. Talk to ya lata.

SageCraft@hotmail.com
                            Jonny

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                              i do believe suspension is the key on the s2000
                              assume the motor is just lowcomped and turboed
                              I already know the suspension is one of the key parts to building a s2k drift car. Just wanted to know the specs on the motor...

Comment

Working...
                              X