Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne
    hey alex if one of us wanted to build our own s2000 drift car, what would you suggest us do ??

if you could change some things on that car what would they be ??

how do you like the s2000 compared to the ae86??

if you just answer one of my questions, please let it be the first one, im very curious who knows what will pop up in the future, maybe ill get rich and can afford to build an s2000 as a daily driver/drift car and im just curious as to what i should do because ive been following along with the car and it seemed like at the beggining thier were a few problems but youve ironed them out judging from what i saw at wall.

hit these questions up or if you dotn want to post it in public, send me a pm or email me, thanks alot

Wayne
    I would say build it exactly like the rsr car (if you can afford to), then adjust things to fit your style. I have changed things on that car to fit how I like to drive, such as the shock settings and such but havent had a chance to really test with it. I know there is more to that car that is yet to come out.

I love the ae86, it has a certain feel you can not describe. The Sk2 is also in that class of car, but only if you can get it set up right. I now love to drive the rsr car but the ae will always be my favorite to drive.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Saw you on Formula D show on G4, pretty kool man...I think Im gonna have to take a drive to cali to get my suspension setup tuned, get a alignment and buy some of your goodies hahaha...

I have a question about my setup, Right now I think I'm running 4kg TRD japan Springs in the front and 6kg TRD japan in the rear w/ some KYB Impulse Turbo Shocks to use as short strokes. I drove on the setup and the car handles nicely but I dunno if its gonna affect my drifting since usually people run 8 in the front and 6 in the back...this car is for drifting and some auto X and spirited drives...Should I just keep practicing how it is now or try and find me some stiffer springs in the front?

What do you recommend for me to get now, I already have a Adjustable lateral rod made by my Dads shop cuztom for me but don't worry Im not gonna try and take your buisness your products are like 10Xs better quality than mine but I can't really afford them at this moment so Made my self one... I know I should get some Short Strokes for the front & use spacers, and some RCA's or NRCAs but what else do you recommend. I finally got the "drift" car running so I wanna set it up right and get used to it.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=104312

Thanks In Advance Alex
      Last edited by BlackTruenoAE86; 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
        I would say build it exactly like the rsr car (if you can afford to), then adjust things to fit your style. I have changed things on that car to fit how I like to drive, such as the shock settings and such but havent had a chance to really test with it. I know there is more to that car that is yet to come out.

I love the ae86, it has a certain feel you can not describe. The Sk2 is also in that class of car, but only if you can get it set up right. I now love to drive the rsr car but the ae will always be my favorite to drive.
        oh ok well ya umm can you please explain to me the setup of the rsr car ??? sorry i may have missed it in the dozens of pages in this thread ahah but ya please share with me im extremely intrested, who knows what might be happening soon ahahah, but ya put up as much of the setup as you possible can/remember thanks alot.

Wayne

Comment

• Wayne

There were a couple of magazine articles that explained the general mods done to the S2000 to make it competitive. I don't recall which ones, but run a search and you may come across those articles. I remember some things such as the steering rack was swapped out for a RX-7 unit. But other than that, I don't remember much of the article.

Be warned though...an S2000 to be make competitive for drifting purposes...you're re-engineering the vehicle.

Dom

Comment

• i would say your first step would be is to carbon fiber almost well pretty much the whole car. Once you get that done to lighten it up then your some what in the begining stages.

Comment

• dude guys alix is not going to reveal all the secrets behind the s2k. There is alot of reserch and time in that car and alot of things that he dose not want to give away. if he did then what is stoping some one els from taking his title of being the best s2k driver in the world(as per the drift king). my sugestion is to not be cheep and lazy do the reserch and put in the time on ur own. or just wate tell RSR is willing to tell all that has been done to the car( most likely later on in the year after the season is over or so i would guess).

btw congrats alix on 2nd. but u stull lost to maeda in his 86. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by drifterd
                dude guys alix is not going to reveal all the secrets behind the s2k. There is alot of reserch and time in that car and alot of things that he dose not want to give away. if he did then what is stoping some one els from taking his title of being the best s2k driver in the world(as per the drift king). my sugestion is to not be cheep and lazy do the reserch and put in the time on ur own. or just wate tell RSR is willing to tell all that has been done to the car( most likely later on in the year after the season is over or so i would guess).

btw congrats alix on 2nd. but u stull lost to maeda in his 86. lol.
                spell it with me
                A-L-E-X
                how do you misspell his name its in the thread title?

Comment

• haha rsr will not share specs on the car.. good luck.. =)

Comment

• i was just curiuos guys damn, ahah didtn realize asking questions was illegal these days

Comment

• LOL, You guys are funny. Anyway, here's some answers.

BlackTruenoAE86,
                      4 front, 6 rear kg springs are really bad. You need to get some 8 kg springs for the front of that thing. I would suggest going short stroke and coil overs all at once, with some RCA's. NCRCA's would be best. Once you get your shocks, springs, rca, lateral rod taken care of, then go for some 4 links. You will be amaised at the gains.

Wayne,
                      Yes the rack has been changed but its not something most people will beable to do or figure out. You should start off with a good set of coil overs. We run the RSR I-shocks with the ti-springs. I dont think they have them in stock, and they are a bit pricy but well worth the money because they are 2 way adjustable, meaning you adjust the shock stiffness on one knob and a fine tune for the rebound on another. So this allows you to really tune the feel of the car. We run 10kg and 8 kg spring rate. Your camber, castor, and toe is all done by what tire size your going to be running. I prefer to run more camber on the s2k because it cuts down on the twitchyness of it for some reason. Hope this stuff helps Wayne.

drifterd,
                      Maeda's car is a beast. I have 320 rwhp and he just pulled away from me like nothing. He must be 380 rwhp and 400lbs lighter then the s2k. I would love a chance to drive Ken's car.
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Alex,
                        I was just reading the article in edmunds and it said you had commented that the RX8 is one of the most difficult cars to drift.
                        I have a 99 miata. I wanted to know how they compared. I have seen you drive miatas so I wanted to hear what you though about the 2 in comparison.
                        -Jeff 99 Blk Miata with NY plates in SoCal

Comment

• Alex I was just messin with you man. I know how crazy ken's car is. It just that I saw such irony u being an 86 man ur self.

Comment

• How do you focus on competing?

Hi Alex,
                            I was wondering what your approach is on competing. I can generally do well in the practice sessions, but when it comes down to the main competition I choke.

any pointers?

thanks!

ryan

Comment

• hey alex props on the 2nd! I was just wondering what the specs were on your old 86. Were you using a 4agze? what mods and what HP range were you pushing?

Comment

• Alex- I'm glad you were able to make it out to the NorCal Drift Day on Saturday. It was awesome to see you destroy the course in the white 240. All of the Corolla guys were pretty amped to see you there.

See you at the next one!

Byron

Comment

Working...
                                X