No announcement yet.

FC Engine Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, need any vehicles for suspension tests?

Comment

2 gen engine with 3 gen internals is always an option too. But then youre still buying a TII engine/drivetrain.

Comment

Thanks everyone, im gonna search for a T2, blown or not.

Comment

Try to find a clean s5 tII shell with a blown motor for cheap. Then just put in a new/used jspec engine.

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTING=RICE
              Try to find a clean s5 tII shell with a blown motor for cheap. Then just put in a new/used jspec engine.
              And for what that engine allone will cost ya you could do the upgrades on the N/A

Used Jspec 13b 3500 and up
              rebiult from Mazda 4500 no warrnty outside of Japan

New 13b from Mazda 130k I think Ill buy another car to blow up

These are all Japan prices why do you think I went to the 20b

Comment

Well if he hasnt yet aquired the car, then getting an s5 shell and putting in a new jspec would be good. Im not talking about buying an na and then putting a 13bt into it. Used s5 jspec motor is like 900-1100. Not 3500. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i could get him an fd front clip for a thousand less then that. If those are your prices in japan. And you converted those prices into U.S. currency. Your getting *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing ripped off or someone lied to you.

And Chas, if you find a good running condition TII u can always buy it, drive it. THen if the the motor goes just rebuild and port it.

Comment

I was about to say...those prices were pretty steep.

When dealing with the rotary engine, I think if you're going to drop something in-- do it right the first time. Buying a jspec rotary engine is a crapshoot-- might last a month, might last a year. The only thing you can count on is things breaking and replacing it sometime in the future.

Best bet is to find a shell, as well as a useable core to rebuild. Might cost a little more than just dropping in a jspec, but at least you'll be able to enlarge the intake and exhaust ports, go with 2 or 3mm apex seals, dowel pin, etc...pretty much do everything to ensure that you'll have a very fast, solid, reliable engine.

If going that route, it helps if you are close with a reputable rotary shop. I highly suggest Rotary Power in Gardena, CA. They are tops.

Comment

Originally posted by TanabeUSA
                    Best bet is to find a shell, as well as a useable core to rebuild. Might cost a little more than just dropping in a jspec, but at least you'll be able to enlarge the intake and exhaust ports, go with 2 or 3mm apex seals, dowel pin, etc...pretty much do everything to ensure that you'll have a very fast, solid, reliable engine.

If going that route, it helps if you are close with a reputable rotary shop. I highly suggest Rotary Power in Gardena, CA. They are tops.
                    This would be a good idea depending on how he wants his car. But shops will charge you an arm and a leg for a rebuild. I mean i have a jspec, but when this thing blows you know its gonna get rebuilt by me and shes gonna get ported

I dont really trust many shops in la with my rx7, all i hear is horror stories from friends, and definately not to build an engine. heh cant even believe the turn around time some of my friends have gotten from these "rotary shops". Being a rotary owner I only trust myself and some friends and select few from the rx7 messageboards...(imo) spending money on an rx7 for labor is a waste when i can do it myself, but not everyone is like me. I dont know rotarypower so i cant say anything about them. A good way to find more info would be to check out www.teamfc3s.org, www.rx7club.com, or www.nopistons.com, At least you can talk with people that have experience with rotaries and also get other point of views. I mean i dont think this forum can really help you aswell as they can for rotary information. But yea good luck on the rx hunt dude.

Comment

Well if he hasnt yet aquired the car, then getting an s5 shell and putting in a new jspec would be good. Im not talking about buying an na and then putting a 13bt into it. Used s5 jspec motor is like 900-1100. Not 3500. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i could get him an fd front clip for a thousand less then that. If those are your prices in japan. And you converted those prices into U.S. currency. Your getting *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing ripped off or someone lied to you.

And Chas, if you find a good running condition TII u can always buy it, drive it. THen if the the motor goes just rebuild and port it.
                      Well I could list names of shops also get you the original estimate I got from Mazda and show you threads on the Yahoo auction where this is the normal price for a 13b Rotary engine so I dont think I have been lied to or been ripped off. The gasket kit allon is 550 bucks If you were even going to start to rebuild. The cheepest part of the whole damn rebuild is the Apex seal. Dont think I dont know what the prices are I look everyday for a good engine and or parts to keep stock for when I or a customer may need them. Just one more thing the housings are on a 2 month back order from Mazda here and they are only produced in Hiroshima. Like I said when it comet to Rotarys and Japan I know what Im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                        Well I could list names of shops also get you the original estimate I got from Mazda and show you threads on the Yahoo auction where this is the normal price for a 13b Rotary engine so I dont think I have been lied to or been ripped off. The gasket kit allon is 550 bucks If you were even going to start to rebuild. The cheepest part of the whole damn rebuild is the Apex seal. Dont think I dont know what the prices are I look everyday for a good engine and or parts to keep stock for when I or a customer may need them. Just one more thing the housings are on a 2 month back order from Mazda here and they are only produced in Hiroshima. Like I said when it comet to Rotarys and Japan I know what Im talking about.
                        think about it. two people just told you your prices were high. If those are your prices then you might aswell come to america and buy here.

You said Used Jspec 13b 3500 and up?
                        hmm whats this? http://www.nippon-motors.com/mazda.htm. Many people in so cal get there engines from them. s4 13bt is 750 and s5 13bt is 900? I dont know how you factored in 3500. I mean a 13brew (FD...incase you dont know...) at nippon is 1950. I dont know what your talking about.

I think your being lied to still. Maybe your not doing your math right or something. I didnt even bring up putting a brand new engine together lol. Your just off man.

Comment

think about it. two people just told you your prices were high. If those are your prices then you might aswell come to america and buy here.

You said Used Jspec 13b 3500 and up?
                          hmm whats this? http://www.nippon-motors.com/mazda.htm. Many people in so cal get there engines from them. s4 13bt is 750 and s5 13bt is 900? I dont know how you factored in 3500. I mean a 13brew (FD...incase you dont know...) at nippon is 1950. I dont know what your talking about.

I think your being lied to still. Maybe your not doing your math right or something. I didnt even bring up putting a brand new engine together lol. Your just off man.
                          Oh maybe those are some of those 40,000 mile engines we have so many of over here. Yea and I got 13 inches to. Give it up dude whats the compresion on those 5.5 yea like I want one of them. If it dont have verafiable 8.2 or better you might as well do the rebuild. Like I said I know every quality rebuild shop and have a direct conection to the scrap yard computer base. I have looked at more Fd3s than you have probobly seen in your life and a wrecked one with a decent engine, and this is only the engine goes for minimum 3k plus the pull fee. now the engines you may be talking about might be the ones they have next to the factory Sileightys.

Comment

wtf are you talking about? im getting 120 on front and 115-120 on rear. Your still an idiot. All of nippons motors are supposedley tested and sold at 120psi. I dont really believe that, but I tested my own motor and thats what i got. Your an idiot still. Dont talk anymore...And wtf are you talking about fds? They cost 15-18 used. Are you an american in japan or what? Whatever you are, your a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing idiot. I dont even want to waste my time talking to you anymore, probably never seen a rotary in your life.

Comment

I would be careful, driftxtreem is gangster. SERIOUSLY

Comment

"thats gangsta" Mike M

Comment

Working...
                                X