No announcement yet.

Our true enemy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people need to go on other car forums wether it be drag racing, drifting,rally,ect., we need to post this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up every where, someone should start a pettition, ull have my signature and im preety sure a couple thousands more if its posted on other sites

Comment

well this is my first post...

Detroit is too powerful. GM FMCC are too powerful, it will make too many people lose their jobs.

Comment

seriously lets think about all the money the counrty would lose in cuttin gthe automotive hobby. From hot rods to imports major companies like greddy, aem, borla, and the millions of muscle companies would be put out of business, i think its almost impossible to convert the continent to hybrids and ellectrics. hell half the senators in office right now are big nhra fans so i highly doubt it will happen, and on the issue of a patition count me in!

Comment

i think we should rally up and everthing but i don't know if it is that bad out in california but until the day comes should we really start petions isn't it a little early to start uprising?

Comment

If you wanna really do something about it, spread the word to all the car guys out there, whether they're driving an Import, Domestic, Truck or Suv. Also write to your state and federal senators and congressmen. I've heard that they do in fact read the mail that they recieve. Finally, keep on top of issues occuring in your state.

Also you need to know who SEMA is. The Special Equipment Manufacturer's Association. This is the association that aftermarket parts businesses belong to. These guys to the SEMA show every year in Vegas. SEMA is THE #1 protector of the car hobby. They fight unfair legislation in congress and in states and have stopped alot of scrappage programs and other anti-hobbyist legislation. Go to www.sema.org to keep up on the latest legislation in your state. Not only will you find a state-by-state listing of anti-hobbyist or anti-aftermarket legislation, but you'll find impending federal legislation as well. They usually have a list of state and federal lawmakes you can email your thoughts to.

The most important thing is not to ignore these issues and just hope they'll go away. If the people stand up and let our voices be heard then the government will listen.

Comment

Aight first the internal combustion engine is gona die. Its been around for about 200 years and its still poising us. And dont get me wrong i do love the noise and all the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* you can do to your engine. I really want an sr w/ a V-mount and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* has been killing us, and its all gona start with cali, and if it *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*en works in cali its gona spred. why do you think they first started selling the smart car in cali, then bringing them here to the east coast in 2005. And i heard somewhere that cali is gona have a law that all vehicles have to be "zero emission". Where if any CO, HC, or NOx gets out the car will shut down. And soon that will be everywhere.

But whatever, I dont know where im going with this, Internal combustion engine will be gone or be converted to run on Hydrogen. and I am *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*en tired.

god im poor later

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen.
                Follow this link:
                http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/comp/prius/index.html

this is the future of import tuning.

It already started in japan so it's just a matter of time, until it catches on here

Side note: I like the exhaust system

Comment

I know you guys are tired of hearing me say this...but ethanol is the answer. And it could be the answer really quickly. In fact the IRL is seriously considereing making a complete switch from methanol to ethanol by 2007. If they do this they will be the first major "green" racing series. People would then see that we could have equal and better performance (except for fuel milage) than our gasoline powered engines (which should be able to be converted to ethanol relatively easily). Great performance, zero emissions, no need for cats, and it could easily happen with in a few years if the energy companies and auto manufacturers would allow it to happen.
                  However this still wouldn't solve the problems that are being discussed. The main target of these laws is the automotive aftermarket, and those of us who enjoy modifying our cars from factory spec. SEMA has actually been fighting the federal government from implementing and extreme version of ODB that would allow the government to track your car and monitor everywhere it goes and even remotely shut it down. They list safety reasons and highspeed car chases as reasons to want to do this. But more than anything they just want to control our freedom of driving. And in order to prevent modification they will even know if the hood has been illegall opened by a non-certified mechanic. So even changing your own oil could become a crime if this were to ever go into effect. Scary stuff.

Comment

Im totally supporting this. SUVs are the enemy! The only SUV i think thats worth it is Hondas CRV. Its an enviromentally friendly 4 cylinder 2.4 liter with good mileage. My dad has one. But companys like Ford seriously need to stop wasting metal on the SUV market. Its sad.

And as for alternate fuels i vote LPG (liquid petrolium gas). Better mileage, lesser chance of spark knock, better performance, burns cleaner, and lower mileage. Some places that dont have open access in America to gas stations like places in Arkansas already use this fuel and the only thing needed to switch over is a new fuel filter and injectors. Its also hella cheaper then gasoline. And very much abundent in America.

Comment

you guys obviously forgot about the awsome power of METHANE.....yes it has been done. download some episodes of Top Gear and it is in a episode. they created one that ran of methane from humans and methane from cows..humans obviously create the superior gas. anyways that would probably smell really bad but there is a infinite amount.

Comment

Ok guys/gals. you all are not seeing the bigger picture.

Methanol/Ethanol/ Electric/ LPG and Hydrogens are good alternative fuels.

BUT! all of these fuels needs regular gasoline to be produced and distributed across the whole world. Which means you have to talk to OPEC to change the whole system of producing and distributing it all over the world.

So it's not as easy as you think to convert to alternative fuel.

Unless you make your own home grown methanol gas that's like 300proof or more (i like to take a shot of that)!

Comment

Here's the real solution to the problem: everybody who doesn't care about cars go get hybrids or use public transportation. Unfortunately, nobody is gonna see it that way. All the SUV-driving soccer mom's will say "Why do these guys get to have their cars when all they do is drive fast and endanger my kids?".

Having said all this, we MUST switch to alternative energy sources that emit zero pollution. In the end we need our air to breath and to live. What use is a fast car if you can't breathe the air outside?

We can make our own lubrication from soybean oil, and our own fuel from corn (alcohol). There are already kits out there on the market to convert road cars to alcohol. It is up to us, the hobbyists of the world, to develop this technology and make it accessible for a cheap price, so we can preserve our air quality while still enjoying the cars we love.

Also, America's public transportation system is in a sad state compared to those in Aisia and Japan. Most of Asia and Europe's population is easily moved by public transportation, whereas America's public transportation system pails in comparison. By improving our public transportation system we can move people much more efficiently and with alot less pollution than cars. That way we can still use our cars but cut down on the number of cars on the road.

Also keep in mind that we do live in a Democracy that DOES work. Most people think it doesn't simply because they just sit back and complain about how bad things are instead of trying to fix them. When the people speak in numbers, the government will, at the minimum, acknowledge our cause. Sema is a very small organization compared to big oil and the WORLD's automakers, yet they get things done.

Comment

the thing about LP is that you have to compress it more to spark it. And methnol and all the other alcohol gases will corrode your fuel lines and the internals of your engine. Their really pushing for the hydrogen fuel cells or engines that run off of hydrogen. And the only draw back of internal combuston engine that runs off of hydrogen is the high heat, and the NOx. but yeah im realy bored later

Comment

i thought public transportation was not as efficent as just driving your self. or was that just for trains?

Comment

First off, public transportation is bigger over there because the size of the countries are smaller. Alot smaller. Next, gas companies know how to make cars run off of water. Yes, water. My dad used to work with someone who had a genius son. His son had figured out how to make a car run off of water. Then, he was mysteriously killed. And all of the evidence of his research was magically dissapeared. There wasn't too much evidence, so the popo's concluded it was suicide. But he didn't kill himself. It was a gas company that did the job. If anyone figures out how to make a car run off of water and the info/proof get's out, gas compainies are screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X