No announcement yet.

JDM Option DVD (Review Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so how is this gonna work? I don't see any PMs and INFO hasn't posted any new info.. I'm starting to get confused and sad

Comment

wait how about you send me d1 crash kind dvd and ill review that? That would be sweet and would create a more broad board of rating that you guys at option could look at and see what exactly you can do to improve your dvds, if at all, for the viewer's pleasure.

Comment

There are only 10 openings.

Comment

i think we should do it in order, just have the people that posted get one, and if the slots fill up, put them on the list first of the next dvd that comes out to be reveued. so everyone gets a chance. And if certain people get really good, then we can have 10 people assigned to reviewing the dvds

then maybe do a contest to see hoes is better and those people are the chosen ones
          Last edited by iownju; 09-25-2004, 07:00 PM.

Comment

YES I'm number 9... I hope they do it in order But seriously I think I'd be good at this. Maybe I could get them to slip some clips of me in there

Comment

alright... number 1... different time zone advantage, woo hoo!

Comment

What do time zones have to do with it? I don't think it goes by time in your area, I think whoever posts first posts first. And you were top of the list anyways. I hope we both can do it, I've never seen an option DVD before, but I hear they are really informative. Maybe if I review it, they can get a real racer's perspective. Too bad Takumi isn't here to beat me in a trueno, because he totally could.

Sorry FD3S_Pilot, for being #11. Maybe we could negotiate a deal for me to delete my post However, if you are lucky, they won't go in order.
                Last edited by scirocco; 09-26-2004, 10:11 AM.

Comment

time zone has to do with it in the fact that i saw it first... (kinda). u see it was posted in the morning for u, which for me is evening, when i check my email, so there huh, and anyway it wasnt supposed to be serious, just you know, an "Im better than you!" (not really)

Comment

Wait what about checking e mail?

Comment

i think were gettign a little off topic here

its all up to info to decide on how to do this

Comment

yup i think i mentioned that already, how i just hope they use that system. Either way I don't know why they wouldn't choose me unless all you drifters are naturally awesome essay writers

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco

Sorry FD3S_Pilot, for being #11. Maybe we could negotiate a deal for me to delete my post However, if you are lucky, they won't go in order.
                          Damn!!! #11 so close too

Comment

well ive been asked by an admin to post my review... so here it is:

1. What were your first impressions? The first thing that caught my eye was the R32 near the bottom and the words 200MPH nets to it. I’m a huge skyline fan, so that instantly caught my attention.

2. What do you think of the overall quality of the video? Packaging – it was decent, everything that you wanted to see people see first, stood out first, like the nomura part. Editing – could have been a little better at times, like one shot would show a car half way through a turn, than the next one shows it at the beginning. Material – overall, pretty decent, wouldn’t change much.

3. What did u think of the cameramanship? It was pretty good. One thing I would have changed was that I would’ve put the camera at Ibisu that caught the corner in front of the judging booth, a little more the left. That way, it would look like the cars are coming right at you.

4. What did you think of the different segments that are shown? I lied the variety, the only thing I would add would be a little more street/touge drifting. The highway aqua line part was good.

5. What type of features do you like?
                            D1 (japan) – its pretty good, you can see how the pros really get it down.
                            D1 (US) – Even more than the Japanese, because I have personally met and talked to some of the drivers.
                            Off the track driving – I like it off the track, because it shows more variety, not the same line every time.
                            Test Drives – kind of boring, since we don’t get to drive the cars ourselves.
                            Interviews – only if they are interesting, and not put there to fill up space.
                            Tech/Install features – I don’t really like them, since this DVD is meant for entertainment.
                            Tuner Shop features – I don’t like them, since I will probably never be able to visit these. I do like seeing a whole lot of nice cars next to each other in tuning shops though.

What do you like? I enjoyed the video as a whole, the drifting was good. The Chiba segment was good. The different driver’s driving style was good too, because boneheads like me could understand it. I liked the American drivers search footage too, since its nice to see some cali flavor. Keeping the original Japanese language was good too.

What did you not like? Quite a few things. First of all, the 86 should have won. They guy worked his way up slowly to come to second place. If u look at the second round, you can actually see Nomura turning into him when he tries to pass. This should be a blatant foul. All they said was “and Nomura tried to pass right back, you cant blame him right?”. Also the commentary of the US drivers search. These guys said maybe, at most, 2 constructive things about the US drivers, everything else was making fun of their names/cars/drifting/ or anything else they could make a joke of. I actually lost a lot of respect for Tsuchyia and Nomura.
                            What would you like to see more of? I would like to see more of the wangan racing stuff, and maybe a little touge. Also, I would like to see more American driving, with constructive commentary.

What would you lie to see less of? I would like to see less of professional drivers, there should maybe be specials also showing drivers searches from Japan, or little competitions from all over the world.

What would you like to see that hasn’t been featured before? I don’t think I can really answer this, since I haven’t seen any of the other Options.

Are there any features that are repeated too much? I don’t know, I haven’t seen the other Options.

Would you like to see guest hosts? Yes, please! After a while, Suzuki, Tsuchyia, and Orido get boring.

Do you like the pit walks? Yes, its interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Do you want to see Japanese coverage, US coverage, or both? I would like to see both, but honestly, I enjoy the American coverage more, since some of the US pros are becoming pretty darn good…

Well that’s all, I hope you guys enjoy my review… if u have any questions, feel free to email me at yarzan@juno.com. Also, I can backup everything I’ve said here with evidence.

Another complaint: PLEASE CORRECT THE JUDGING, the 86 really should have won, he deserved it.

Comment

1. What were your first impressions?

The first thing I noticed on the cover, and the reason I wanted to see #6 in the first place, was the Fontana Drivers search segment. I was pretty anxious to see what the Japanese thought of the US drivers at driver's search

2.What do you think of the overall quality of the video?

Packaging - Pretty straight forward, it's just the US Equivalent of the japanese Option cover, which I like
                              Editing - I've always liked Options style of editing and the way their shots are presented, especially the crane shots.
                              Material - Pretty solid, happy with all the features

3.What did u think of the cameramanship?

I liked it, however some driver's who participated in Driver's Search told me that it made their runs look worse then they really were.

4.What did you think of the different segments that are shown?

The content was solid, my favorite segments being the high speed footage on the Aqua line, and the drivers explaining their techniques.

5.What type of features do you like?
                              D1 (japan) – It was interesting to see the judging. They said Miki was the one to watch out for, and that the main objective of the drivers was to stop Kazama.

*SPOILER ALERT*

If Kazama didnt retire due to mechanical failure, it would've been interesting to see the outcome. Nomuken did great, but personally I thought Hibino rocked the house in that junker coupe that flew over the hill. That was savage, it's a pity privateers dont get looked apon with the same amount of respect

D1 (US) – The track layout sucked. Mark Hutchinson was doing great, it's a shame he didnt advance.

Off the track driving – what Yarzan said

Test Drives – I love hearing the driver's commentary when they test drive a car, also one of my favorite features in Best Motoring

Interviews – It's always cool hearin what different people have to say

Tech/Install features – I think they're great. Watching a project transform from it's humble beginnings into a full blown performance car is fun to watch.

Tuner Shop features – I like 'em. It's nice seeing what the different shops are cooking up.

What do you like? I thought the video as a whole was great. The D1 Footage was concise, there was nothing excess or boring about it. The Aqua Line footage was also cool, I liked the intro with Chiba in the police station. My favorite part was hearing the driver's talk about the behavior of their cars and the techniques they used to drift them. As a drifter, not to mention one who dreams of driving D1 cars, I feel that hearing drivers discuss their techniques and the way they get in touch with their cars is invaluable. Drifting is all about good communication with you and your car.

What did you not like? I thought Hibino should have won. His driving style was much more agressive and he was definately the underdog in that matchup. I think some of the critiquing of the American drivers was unfair due to the course layout, but with all do respect...we have a long way to go to get to the level of the Japanese.

What would you like to see more of? High speed shutokou driving, more street cars and japanese teams as well as footage from local Ikaten's.

What would you like to see less of? Dont want to see less of anything, just keep adding more

What would you like to see that hasn’t been featured before? I'm not sure if this has been featured before, but maybe do a multi-volume feature on how their cars are built from the ground up, and show all the people that are involved in the process. I'm sure there are alot of people behind the scenes who dont get enough recognition. Also, it'd be interesting to see how driver's styles have improved over the years, and some background info about their career paths would be cool.

Are there any features that are repeated too much? Dont think so, it's all good to me

Would you like to see guest hosts? Yeah, Lorin Robbins from Power Supply/Drift Xtreme in Tochigi. Hit that man up, he's a homie.

Do you like the pit walks? Definately. It's always good to see the blood sweat and tears that go into maintaining these cars at a professional level

Do you want to see Japanese coverage, US coverage, or both? both

To sum it all up, keep doing what your doing. Dont add anything superfluous to the american version, just keep it a direct english language counterpart to Option and I'll keep supporting it. Take into account the different features people want to see, and tell the execs what the american audience would like to see, but I really dont want to hunt down two versions of the same Option just because one has a different segment than the other. Keep up the good work.

And oh yeah Joseph if you see this, I'm still interested in being a coffee boy/office biatch so call me up if you guys need help

Peace!
                              Last edited by Weapon X; 10-24-2004, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Review

Option Volume 7
                                1. What were your first impressions?

First thing that i saw was the "high Speed Dridfting!" that caught my eye.
                                2.What do you think of the overall quality of the video?

Quality of the video is very good. The outside cover really lets you know what to expect on the video.
                                3.What did u think of the cameramanship?

Camera angles were great. They give you the feeling of the speed. The in car is always the best, it gives you that first person perspective.
                                4.What did you think of the different segments that are shown?
                                I would have to say that the D1 round is the best on this volume. the other features are okay, but the D1 action is awesome!
                                The wangan is cool if you are into that.
                                5.What type of features do you like?
                                D1 competitions are always good, their course are so much better than ours here in the states. I like when they do car comparisons or when they should how the cars are built. It is very interesting.
                                ******S P O I L E R A L E R T******************
                                If you are a AE86 fan like me, you will like this video. So many AE86 made it to the top 16. even with the little power they have they held there own. Well except for their body kits! I would highly recommend this video and by it from Drifting.com his service is fast and freindly.

Comment

Working...
                                X