JDM Option DVD (Review Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is great on the videos except the following:

1) We need in-car camera segment. For some reasons they took out the DVD in-car camera selection segment that I watch everynight before I go to bed!

2) More USA related content. Like they should have a longer segment for driver search held in the US since I am sure they have extra footage on the event.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Questionnaires

1-What where your first impressions?

My first impressions were actually amazed at how fast the DVD was shipped over to my house. I really thought it would take longer than two days.

2-What do you think of the over all quality of the video?

The quality of the video was really amazing and clear. I’ve seen the original Option video with the Chiba Maniac and its really fuzzy. This was very clean and sharp, definitely good DVD quality.

I do like the opening title page, with its small previews of the actual featurettes. The background is eye catching and not plain.

What I would like to see more of the DVD is actual DVD options. Things like going to certain scenes or “chapters” as an option on the main page. Maybe a blooper or “secret egg” would be interesting, unless you have a certain DVD just for bloopers. But I love to see little mishaps during interviews or anything like it.

Packaging

The cover of the DVD is a little much, but I also think less is better. The Nomura’s image on the cover is a little stretch and un-natural feeling. My eyes were bouncing back and forth on the cover, and there’s no real flow to it. I keep coming back to Nomuken’s Coming Up! as the center of attention, but it doesn’t feel like it should be. I would think you want the title to be center of attention.

The art on the actually DVD was refreshing. All my Option DVDs are plain and just say Option plus the number. This DVD definitely caught my eye there; I would like to see some more colors on it, but if it raises the price then no.

Editing

The transitions of clips were done nicely.

Material

I think the overall material is pretty good I certainly wouldn’t change much.

3-What did you think of the cameraman ship?

I’ve always thought the cameraman ship was excellent on the Options videos, so logically they would be good on here as well.

4-What do you think of the different segments that are showed on the volume(s)?

I like the variety I would like to see it in more DVDs.

5-What type of features do you like?

-D1GP (Japan)

I loved the opening to this segment, the music, the clips everything! It got me very hyped up. The editing here was excellent!! Speeding up and slowing down the video, made it feel unreal!

I like to see how they drive so aggressively and not complain about hitting. Unlike when we had Formula D everything went crazy saying it was unfair and unsportsman like.

-D1GP (U.S.A.)

Actually I was looking forward to this segment the most in the DVD. The opening music is interesting made it seem like we were country bumpkins. I suggest not having Toshi host again, he was just lame. But it was HILARIOUS when they busted him for being a fake foreigner.

I wished there was more music to this segment, or an opening to it. Well atleast some music during the demo and the crashes. Makes it seem like they didn’t put that much effort in this segment.

All the entertainment in this segment was coming from the judges just pounding everyone’s driving and name. I did like the course set-up compared to everyone else’s opinions. I believe this course really even out the advantage that the more powerful cars had. Because this course wasn’t about power but how much momentum you can throw and catch properly. It really showed our American drivers need to up it if they want to make it.

-Off the track driving

I like the variety, keep everything the same each time it’s going to get played out and dull.

-Test Drives

I’m not thrown in either direction, so I don’t know.

-Interviews

It was kinda sad to see Nomura cry when he won. But I’m not partically for interviews unless its after a crash, and find out what went wrong or anything like that.

-Tech/Install Features

The “Physical Fitness Test” was a bit silly but still entertaining nonetheless. I like seeing how natural the drivers seem in front of the camera, not all stiff and serious, like some our American drivers.

-Tuner Shop features (Behind the scenes Tour) -Other?

I don’t partically care for either.

What you like?

The “Ultimate Drift Technique” segment was pretty informing. I would like to see more featurettes like this of the other drivers.

What you don’t like?

Not having an opening for the American driver search.

What you like to see more of?

I would like to see more girls driving and competitions. I don’t know how many girl competitions they have or women regularly competing. I would like to see the compeition for the girls over here.

What you like to see less of?

Personally less girl lameness, I’m talking about the ones that don’t drive and are just groupies. I paid to watch driving and drifting not silly girls.

What would you like to see that hasn’t been featured on option before?

I reall can’t answer this question because I haven’t seen all the option videos.

-Are there any features that are repeated too much?

Not that I know of.

-Do you like how the videos are hosted?

Fine I don’t see anything wrong on how they’re hosted.

-Would you like to see guest hosts?

Depends on the guest host, I assuming some of the other D1 drivers. I’ve seen an Option video with Nomura being a host or judge and he just looked like he was having fun. I would love to find out that they were really saying and talking about.

-Do like the pit walks?

Doesn’t exactly interest me since I saw it at the last D1 Grand Prix here, unless it’s after a crash and they’re trying to recover the car and get it back on the track.

-Do you want to see Japanese coverage, U.S.A. coverage, or both?

Of course I would want both coverage, but I found watching the USA coverage more interesting. Since its something I can go see myself and see things I couldn’t from another view. I also like to watch both to compare the styles and skills.

Comment

Working...
      X