No announcement yet.

the Drift BiBle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing is that Keiichi takes points off if a driver e-brakes in D1... Why is he teaching techniques that he's going to count points off for in competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
      Funny thing is that Keiichi takes points off if a driver e-brakes in D1... Why is he teaching techniques that he's going to count points off for in competition?
      Yeha he claims that. I think he is mainly talking about ebrake entry, which i have to agree with. unless the course is super tight or its in the rain, no reason for sidebrake entry. However, after the initiation, almost every driver uses the sidebrake. No biggie. Yeah Keiichi says he doesn't like it, well all his favorite guys use it (even Taniguchi SOMETIMES needs it). Almost everyone of the pro drivers that did a demo at Fontana D1 Driver's Search were using ebrake to ENTER the first corner. Feint right into an ebrake slide. The pros. But uhhh... Keiichi told us NOT to use it. AHhh, so not only do those guys get to have more practice runs for their demo than we did for our comp, they also get to use a technique you tell us not to, AND they get to lap continuously (carrying speed onto the tiny, short front straight while we had to launch and drag race into the corner) Yeah so i guess we basically had to be BETTER than the pros. Great reasoning, old man. Change you diaper, Keiichi.

Comment

I beleive he said the ebrake drift was good for beginners. And recommended it for those LEARNING to drift, the dynamics was for those who are skilled, so of course he is going to take off points in D1 if u use the ebrake to start a drift. He expects the best, so dynamic drifting is what he wants to see.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
          I beleive he said the ebrake drift was good for beginners. And recommended it for those LEARNING to drift, the dynamics was for those who are skilled, so of course he is going to take off points in D1 if u use the ebrake to start a drift. He expects the best, so dynamic drifting is what he wants to see.
          His "Dynamic drifting" would get you laughed at in D1.

As for ebrake... yeah, he started the ebrake half way through the corner..... Every one of the pros uses ebrake (usually not for entry) .

Comment

Yea, don't use Keiichi's movie as a Bible for your drifting. You have to learn to adjust your technique for each circumstance anyways. Most of the techniques used in rally racing are the same as drifting. So there is no need use such things.

In my opinion, going out there and doing it at the local track is the best way to learn things. Do it legally (at least at first because when you hit that wall at 50 MPH, you're going to regret it). Learn what techniques work and don't for you and practice. Nothing beats seat time. Ask any pro-driver.

Comment

Nothing beats seat time. Ask any pro-driver.

or ghost.

or me.

Comment

I met Keiichi. Im 14. Im lucky. Nobody cares. lol

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                  I met Keiichi. Im 14. Im lucky. Nobody cares. lol
                  Oooh Oooh I care...

Comment

I have it, I think it's a great "learners guide" to drifting. He drifts some cool cars. He is also very good. Oh yeah on the first page someone posted that he always makes a certain group of drivers win in the D1...THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                      I have it, I think it's a great "learners guide" to drifting. He drifts some cool cars. He is also very good. Oh yeah on the first page someone posted that he always makes a certain group of drivers win in the D1...THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD!!!
                      So do I...

Comment

Working...
                      X