Ask NADINE TOYODA Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask NADINE TOYODA Something!

Okay, so I think there's a lot of misconception when it comes to Nadine, so I wanted to make this post so that we can get all questions answered and everything cleared up!

I would say that it's fair to ask anything you'd like, as long as you ask it in a respectful and mature manner.

Okay I'll start off...

What is your favorite thing about drifting, and how does it affect your outlook on the 2005 drifting season?

What is your take on drifting becoming popular so quickly and how do you think such a boom will effect it in the long term?

Comment

When are you posting pics of the new finished car. The ones on your site aren't enough to hold me over, I wanna see the whole thing.

Comment

Re: Ask Nadine Toyoda Something

Originally posted by BensonHsu
        Okay, so I think there's a lot of misconception when it comes to Nadine, so I wanted to make this post so that we can get all questions answered and everything cleared up!

I would say that it's fair to ask anything you'd like, as long as you ask it in a respectful and mature manner.

Okay I'll start off...

What is your favorite thing about drifting, and how does it affect your outlook on the 2005 drifting season?

CAR CONTROL, CAR CONTROL, CAR CONTROL!!!
        How it does affect drifting goes without saying.

A few of my own questions are as follow...

1. Nadine, do you have any single friends???
        2. Nadine, when are u ladies gonna compete in the events??
        3. Why is this ask Nadine something instead of ask Mr.Benson???
        (No offense Nadine, its on his screen name)
        4. Mr.Benson, how'd u pull Ms.Nadine??? (No offense Mr.Benson)
        5. How did they find a drift couple like you for the Drifting Mag?
        6. What is your outlook on domestics and FFs in the competition?
        7. Wut videogames do u play when ur not sittin' out in the slide?
        8. Wut tires do u run?
        9. Do u drive ur drifter as a daily driver?
        10. What can u do to expose Mid-Westeners to Drift Events?
        (because most of us spend more money on our cars and have less money for plane tickets, lodging, rental cars, and event passes)
        11. How are both of ur cars comming along since the article in the Drifting Mag, and can we see some pics?
        12. What was the most memorable thing that got you into the sport?
        13. Finally, what has happened to you2 since the article in the mag?

P.S.
        Benson, I got mad love for you brother. I dont mean to be rude, and the reason i ask about ur girl is my game with the females needs work just like my 2Feezie. So what tips u got for a goofyass dude like me??

L8r
        Last edited by OH240SE; 10-18-2004, 10:37 PM.

Comment

what technique do u use most commonly?....how many members do u have in drifting pretty?.....have u been to mainland japan a lot or never?......are u going to work on that coupe of yours after the 180? or is it just a daily driver?......are u planning on expanding drifting pretty to the east coast maybe?......finally, when r u going to get married to Benson?....(dont have to answer that one if its too personal).....8).......i saw u at the philly hot imports night, u prolly dont remember but i was the asian guy that came up and asked for an autograph and basically couldnt say nething intelligent cuz it was like meeting a celebrity, i also wanted a picture taken with u ladies but my wife wasnt around wit the camera....8(.......newayz big fan of u and Benson and hope u guys do really well in future drift events and projects.....sorry for such a long post....thx

P.S.
          Benson, nothin personal or nething....i hope to see u as a challenger 1 day in a drift comp......8)
          Last edited by 180sxdorift2; 10-18-2004, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Wll you punch Ben in the chin chin right now?

Comment

Nadine... so how did you end up meeting the "stop looking at my crotch" creep?

Comment

how come you hate on street drifting so much? i was told that you said anyone who drives togue or reads option is a ricer, is this true?

Comment

Re: Ask Nadine Toyoda Something

Thank you Ben hotty...
                  Nice to meet you all! Now to answer all your questions with the world's longest reply

Originally posted by BensonHsu

My favorite thing about drifting is the fact that anyone can do it...all you need is practice. Man or woman you can do really well...there's no excuses. I'm really excited about 2005 because I will be debuting in a drifting series, I'm still undecided between FormulaD and WDC. It will be my first time in a major series, but I was there by Ben's side in Atlanta, Houston, Sonoma and Irwindale this year at FormulaD. I was there through it all, and it really helped me mentally prepare for competition.

I'm bringing some other women with me next year, the new Team Drifting Pretty, which is 3 other women who will be competing by my side. I really am optimistic about next year...I am practicing really hard and hoping to make top 16!!!! I want to be out there doing well and hopefully inspiring other women to take up the awesome motorsport of drifting .

To answer your other questions...

What is your take on drifting becoming popular so quickly and how do you think such a boom will effect it in the long term?
                  At first I was scared when I saw how quickly drifting caught on here in the states...but now I realize it was bound to happen and I should do whatever I can to help it grow in the right direction. In the long term I hope Drifting will become a highly respected professional motorsport in the USA.

When are you posting pics of the new finished car. The ones on your site aren't enough to hold me over, I wanna see the whole thing.
                  I hope to drop my engine this week and I'll post pics as soon as I finish my car. I'm taking my time putting her back together because...well I'm doing it myself, so its a learning experience that I need time to complete hehe. Not to mention...I'm waiting on a lot of parts from my sponsors...

1. Nadine, do you have any single friends??? Yes, but they're all not into cars!
                  2. Nadine, when are u ladies gonna compete in the events?? Next season!
                  3. Why is this ask Nadine something instead of ask Mr.Benson???
                  (No offense Nadine, its on his screen name) Ben thought it up so he wanted to start it...just like Alex P started Benson's interview thread...
                  4. Mr.Benson, how'd u pull Ms.Nadine??? (No offense Mr.Benson)(Ben is a dork and I fall hard for dorks)
                  5. How did they find a drift couple like you for the Drifting Mag? The writer was a sweetheart and researched online well.
                  6. What is your outlook on domestics and FFs in the competition? Bring IT! Add some American Flavaaa....
                  7. Wut videogames do u play when ur not sittin' out in the slide? GT3 and Puzzle Fighter
                  8. Wut tires do u run? Yokohama AVS ES 100
                  9. Do u drive ur drifter as a daily driver? I did up until May of this year. I may take her out on a nice drive once in a while from now on...
                  10. What can u do to expose Mid-Westeners to Drift Events? Advise my sponsors and friends to bring events to them, welcome them to our forums, be there to answer their questions and respect them.
                  11. How are both of ur cars comming along since the article in the Drifting Mag, and can we see some pics? Recent pics of my car can be found here and my new parts and specs are here. Benson's is still deciding what to do with his car next since he doesn't have to rush and get it ready for next season (because he's driving for a Team)
                  12. What was the most memorable thing that got you into the sport? Sitting in the passenger seat with Ben for the first time drifting...I knew one day I would be in the driver's seat...hopefully drifting tandem with Ben...
                  13. Finally, what has happened to you2 since the article in the mag?
                  Too much to list!!!!! In a nutshell...I got real sponsors, learned how to drift way better than ever, met hundreds of women who love drifting, and started a girl drift training program called Drifting Pretty...oh yah and I painted my car and got a lot of new goodies hehe. Check with my diary ...I write in my diary a lot about what goes on...

what technique do u use most commonly?
                  I have a thing for my clutch

how many members do u have in drifting pretty?.....
                  The numbers have been fluctuating...last time I checked there were about 14.

have u been to mainland japan a lot or never?......
                  No, born and raised in CAli. I speak Japanese. I hope to go to Japan and drift over there with the girls when I'm a lil' better.

are u going to work on that coupe of yours after the 180? or is it just a daily driver?......
                  The coupe is a daily driver...but she gets all my second-hand parts like tires and suspension and aero. But nothing more...the engine stays stock. I autocrossed with the coupe last weekend and it was really fun...

are u planning on expanding drifting pretty to the east coast maybe?......
                  Yes, I eventually want to make it nationwide...it just takes time. I'm waiting for the women drifter community to grow a little more before I start expanding. Hopefully by the end of next year we will have a few more chapters across the states.

finally, when r u going to get married to Benson?....(dont have to answer that one if its too personal).....8)......
                  I can't wait to marry him. He makes me so happy . Why don't you ask him!!!

Wll you punch Ben in the chin chin right now?
                  YES. Done.
                  Nadine Hsu
                  http://www.nadine180.com
                  http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                    Nadine... so how did you end up meeting the "stop looking at my crotch" creep?
                    who, my benjo? Hhahhaaa. Met him on the SoCal240SX.org Yahoo Groups. We caravaned to a 240SX meet since we lived close...Ben bought a can of Pocari Sweat (Ben's favorite drink from Mitsuwa). When the 240SX meet was over, we went our seperate ways and I "accidentally" took home his favorite lil' drink....I held it for ransom until I got a date. I got that date and so history was made...thank you Pocari Sweat hehe. Damn I Love you Ben muah!
                    Nadine Hsu

Comment

Originally posted by dae
                      how come you hate on street drifting so much? i was told that you said anyone who drives togue or reads option is a ricer, is this true?
                      I didn't say you're a ricer if you drive touge...I joke sometimes that ricers go up to touge because of InitialD....

I read Option magazine its cute

I think street drifting is dangerous, especially nowadays! Me and Ben started up at touge...4 years ago. A lot has changed since then and an abundance of kids go out there now to be cool and race/drift on the streets and canyons. Its scary now...I don't like it anymore because its gotten dangerous. So dangerous that someone was even killed recently. We stopped going years ago because it got scary. Every night we'd see accidentS and I didn't want to end up being hit due to some kid's irresponsible driving. I really belive in driving sanctioned events, just because of the safe controlled environments. I know some people want to save money and say that you can't compare the rush of drifting on the streets...everyone has their own opinion, but yes, I don't like it...I'm a scaredy cat...meow.
                      Nadine Hsu

Comment

Nadine, can I have some people come over to distract B-Son and take you out on a date?

Nadine, can I drive your cute car?

Nadine, if i can't have you, can I have your cute boyfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by NadineToyoda
                          who, my benjo? Hhahhaaa. Met him on the SoCal240SX.org Yahoo Groups. We caravaned to a 240SX meet since we lived close...Ben bought a can of Pocari Sweat (Ben's favorite drink from Mitsuwa). When the 240SX meet was over, we went our seperate ways and I "accidentally" took home his favorite lil' drink....I held it for ransom until I got a date. I got that date and so history was made...thank you Pocari Sweat hehe. Damn I Love you Ben muah!
                          I would like to point out that I organized this meet at Torrance Mitsuwa. Now you owe me dinner.
                          11/18/00

-alex

Comment

i heard most of the DP girls dont know the difference between a 1.5 and a 2, is this true? also, do u think ull ever drift anything else than an S13? maybe go out on a limb with a mustang or possibly a different RWD car?

republican or democrat ?

Comment

1. what the real meaning of DP?
                              2. i herd benson likes it up his @#$, is that true?
                              3. has any of the DP members kissed eachother or in any kink of sexual activity?
                              4. well you and benson still love after reading my questions?
                              5. were you born a man?
                              6. ok i think that was out of line sorry... so were you?
                              7. best wishes to you and benson

im yoru biggest fan so if you can answer the questions that would be nice.. im sure all the readers would like to know the truth behind DP.... bhahahahhahah

love andy yen
                              DRIVE SAFE ANDY YEN SWING Battle

Comment

Working...
                              X