X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm sorry a Z30? what?!

Comment

Hmmm...

Does he mean S30? Like an old Z? Is there something im missing? Anyway...lets keep this thread on page one, hehe.

Comment

yea like an old Z you know 30, 31, 32, 33 yea thay made them that far back.

Comment

I'm sorry but.. no..

In 1969-78 the 240Z/260Z/280Z introduced as an S30 chassis.
          In 1979-83 the 280ZX was introduced and was an S31 chassis.
          In 1984-89 the 300ZX was introduced.. the Z31 chassis.
          In 1990-96 the 300ZX was introduced.. the Z32 chassis.
          In 2003? The 350Z was introduced.. the Z33 chassis.

There was never an Z30 chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS© S30
            I'm sorry but.. no..

In 1969-78 the 240Z/260Z/280Z introduced as an S30 chassis.
            In 1979-83 the 280ZX was introduced and was an S31 chassis.
            In 1984-89 the 300ZX was introduced.. the Z31 chassis.
            In 1990-96 the 300ZX was introduced.. the Z32 chassis.
            In 2003? The 350Z was introduced.. the Z33 chassis.

There was never an Z30 chassis.
            well damn every one in japan calls it a 130 Z Ken Mary or a sanmaru zeto yea it might be an s chassis.
            Last edited by driftxtreem; 02-12-2004, 10:20 PM.

Comment

just an example

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/63856675

Comment

ah.. thats an S31 chassis

Comment

Other Z guys?

Personally, i like the original Z design myself, while other designs augment and borrow ideas to keep the car "Z like" but all Z's are awesome, for sure. You guys ever wave or flash your highbeams at other Z's? I do!

Comment

haha i just usually wave..but everyone else has either honked or waved..but its weird cause all the z drivers around here are all old and then when they drive past me or by me they look at me and give me kind of a weird face..haha i think its cause they were expecting an older guy to be driving my car..

Comment

Wave

Yeah, a lot of guys who drive Z's are older, hehe. Its kinda funny. that probably why you dont see too many Z drifters.

Comment

More Z stuff

What kind of upgrades are on your guys' Z's? Let's keep this thread going, hehe...

Comment

ohh simple stuff..l28 that burns oil and has low compression, 82 5speed, headers, early su's, straight though magnaflow muffler no resonator no cat, 3.70 r200, toyota calipers, blown shocks and bald tires. haha..what a piece..im in the process of finding a new motor..cant wait till i do

Comment

Whats up guyz, first post...

I drive a 1984 300zx NA and of course i love it. I dont have that many upgraded parts...ACT Double wall Clutch, New exhaust, Tenzo R shu 4 17 inch rims. And of course it leaks oil and all that sh*t haha.
                            I find it hard to drift with tho because it doesnt seem to want to get sideways...it handles good, but the sh*tty shocks and springs arnt stiff enough so it leans instead of getting sideways...I guess ill figure it out. Im a complete n00b, amature, whatever you wanna call me...if you guyz wanna drop some tips or something i'd appreciate it...long live the Z...

Rob

Also...where do you guyz get the lil cars in your avatar?

Comment

Hey Rob. Im also named Robert, and drive a 240sx, 92 vintage. Welcome to the forum.

Though i dont drift a Z, i have been at it in my SX for a while. What are you doing to try to get it sideways. the more information, or better description you can provide the more help my self and other guys can probably give you. Also what speeds you trying this at?

Comment

Ok well at the moment ive practice at practically 90 degree turns...but the way i have been goin at it is to be in 2nd gear start to steer away from the turn and turn back in and pop the clutch to the tires spinning...i think im goin around 30ish...
                                thanks

rob

Comment

Working...
                                X