ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the production kits will come with the necessary trans crossmember and mount...

Comment

Originally posted by cheesy586 View Post
      So with the new chevy small block in and new motor mounts you think the Tremec TKO-600 trany is going to need a custom fabricated trans mount or will it sit on the stock mounts.
      There was a custom trans cross member made for it, the whole thing bolts up.

Comment

Techline Coatings came by and did some stuff on the motor. All chrome pieces are black chrome, except the red valve cover breathers. The black pieces were the air cleaner, valve covers, water neck, and distributor hold down clamp.

The intake manifold is coated with a thermal reflecting coating that is also oil shedding. So it will block any incoming heat out. Also the water cross over was coated to keep the heat in the coolant line and out of the air temperature. Coating it on the bottom will keep the oil in the lifter valley from keeping oil on the bottom. Inside the intake manifold is a textured coating that keeps the intake manifold from being too smooth inside and promotes proper tumbling so a good air/fuel mixture.

The headers should be ready Friday.

Comment

Are you doing most of this in your own pesonal garage?

Comment

Out back at work we have a production studio with everything from a AWD Dynojet, lift, to any tool I need to get this done.

I plan to spend 1 weekend pulling the engine and the dash to pull out everything I don't need and weld up all the unneeded engine bay holes

The next weekend I will get the engine in and running.

Comment

Quite hasty, but you got the tools, and the resources, all you need.
              That S13 is gonna be a beast man, how much of the engine components is finished or does it just have to be mounted in?

Comment

The production oil pan and pickups should be done and shipped this next week, and then there is only a few more parts I need to get it before I can put it in. I plan to start the install the middle of Feb.

Comment

What headers are those? It looks like lt1 impala style headers. Having the same issue with header clearance on my volvo. I can run block hugger headers...but they don't flow that well.

Comment

Good guess!

Hookers

Comment

Been a couple weeks since a real update. A large shipment of random parts showed up, everything from fittings to a 3200 CFM fan. There is a few more pieces to get and it will be ready to go.

The production oil pans and pickup tubes should be in mid next week. Looking to hopefully install sometime in Feb.

Comment

Came into today. These are DAMN nice pieces. The pickup tube is super thick and comes with 1st or 2nd main cap bolting options.

The pan is fully baffled and should hold 6-7 quarts and even has a drain bolt for the rear sump area

Final production engine mounts, slotted to allow for a little adjustability and triangulated for strength. That is the transmission mount for the TKO/Muncie style transmissions. Final checking will happen Monday but there shouldn't be any issues.

$450 for the pan and pickup, $350 for engine/trans mounts. They are working on a T5 and T56 trans mount.

$800 and you can BOLT IN a small block Chevy with no other modifications except for a little firewall massaging for the bell housing.

Comment

this has turned out to be a really sweet build

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Final mounts and fitted oil pan, everything is done and ready to go. The oil pan is going to hold EIGHT+ quarts. Shifter is almost offset enough, it will have a small spacer to line it up perfectly center.

Hoping to get this thing in during the weekend of the 21st

Comment

Even with that fisheye lens that thing looks so friggin small in there. I can't believe the clearance you have with the hood. You probably have a good 6 inches for an air-filter, don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X