ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a single plane intake manifold and a nitrous plate on my motor so it sits pretty tall. I don't think it will fit with the nitrous plate on there but it MIGHT fit with it off.

If I had a lower profile dual plane, it wouldn't be an issue. Time will tell soon enough

Comment

The custom front sump oil pickup tube and pan is mounted on the small block. The bracket for the pickup tube had to be modified slightly to allow for proper clearance on the 3.75" stroke. The pan will hold over 8 quarts and has built in trap doors to keep the oil where it needs to be under cornering. There is also a rear sump drain bolt to allow for the oil around the oil pump to be drained.

The engine will be back over at the shop tomorrow where I will begin prepping it for front drive system and the SPEC clutch and flywheel to make way for the Quartermaster hydraulic release bearing.

Comment

I installed the full serpentine drive system last night.

Comment

Nice man, good to see the project is coming along, so when do you expect the engine to be put in the car? I would love to see pictures.

Comment

wow.... that motor looks nice howmuch longer till its installed and running ?

Comment

I HOPE to put it in the next week, but I got to see on getting the time off.

If not, it won't be til the 2nd week of March

Comment

With my travel schedule, March 16th is going to be the start day. Work til it runs. Between now and then I will be prepping the engine and transmission to get it ready.

Comment

Progress on the Engine:

SPEC Aluminum flywheel and Stage 3 sprung clutch installed
                  Coolant temp Sensor in intake manifold installed
                  Holley Fuel Log installed
                  Distributor Re-TDCed, headers mocked up and 1/2 the distributor wires are made

Comment

jesus that motor looks beautiful... how much longer til its in the car ?

Comment

those are some pretty interesting looking headers, i like them

Comment

Originally posted by valve timing View Post
                        jesus that motor looks beautiful... how much longer til its in the car ?
                        3 weeks of march, confirmed.

Comment

Wuda kept it nissan with a rb26 or an import with a 2jz or hell even a 13b-rew but thatll still be a mean 240 none the less good work. Post vidz on youtube of it and post the links I wanna see it in action.

If I were to put a haus of motor in my 240 it be either a vq35de, vk56de, or the new Vk37vhr :P
                          Last edited by nemesis91101; 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis91101 View Post
                            Wuda kept it nissan with a rb26 or an import with a 2jz or hell even a 13b-rew but thatll still be a mean 240 none the less good work. Post vidz on youtube of it and post the links I wanna see it in action.

If I were to put a haus of motor in my 240 it be either a vq35de, vk56de, or the new Vk37vhr :P
                            yeah but you're not, this setup is really sweet. It doesn't have the wireing hassles of any of those motors. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Comment

I'm not saying its not a sweet setup I'm jus not into hybrids 2jz's in toyotas rb's for nissans etc I'm not into swappin between manufacture engines that's all its just preference.

Comment

I have never been one for building a 'typical' car, every car I have built is out of the box.

plus an RB or VQ isn't going to be making 400 ft/tq by 2000 RPM like my small block does.

Comment

Working...
                                X