ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 240SX BUILD (400 Cubic Inch/Carbed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I agree I'm not saying it won't it'll be sick I agree but but upload some vidz on youtube I'd like to see that beast roastin the tires. Btw are u doing anything to the rear end to handle the power? I read the short nose r200 can handle around 400hp give or take n the long nose off the 260z I believe can handle a lot more. What about any other chassis work?
    Last edited by nemesis91101; 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

R200 will handle 800rwhp+ no problem, its the axles you have to worry about.

I have 80 feet of chromemoly sitting back here for a cage and plans for a FULL suspension build.

Comment

Ah nice that's what I was thinking about yea there's a guy here with an rb25 that runs off propane. He snapped the stock axles I thnk they only hold around 400hp

Comment

To go with the killer small blocks we have our new t56 trans mount kits done. Will be ready to ship in about 10-15 working days... Mack Mckinney

Comment

1 more week til the install!!!

Comment

You are going to post up some video of it when it's done right? I'd love to hear what it sound like! 523 hp on the motor, that's awesome. And that torque curve! Nice!

Comment

Nice. Post pics of that thing sittin in there.

Comment

Really busy, but here is what she looked like last night.

Comment

im actually hoping to get started on my own s13 coupe CSB swap... any way you can get me some information on those mounts??? ill be running a 350 out of a 71 nova in mine probably

Comment

• www.mckinneymotorsports.com

Oil pan, pickup, and mounts for under $1000. Everything fit perfect, didn't even have to touch the power steering lines. Just a little tunnel hammering for the bigger bell housing

Comment

• NICE!! it looks great! the car is going to be killer

Comment

• Love this setup i was dreaming about it back in 04 to put a 350 in a 240.Wow look at it all now.Wanna see pics when she is on the road.

Comment

• After only being able to work on the car for 2.5 days, I left the car to Mckinney Motorsports to finish. They were really busy with other projects before mine, but they have been working on it here and there during my 11 day long business trip. The car really only needed probably another 7-10 hours of wiring and other misc things. The car is nearly complete and should be running Monday-Tuesday. Mckinney was nice enough to send me some updated shots since I have been gone.

Yes I plan to clean the engine bay better after it runs. Follow the captions

Engine with the tall, single plane intake manifold and air cleaner nearly clears. Some risers in the back may help and not require a cut out in the hood. Modified upper radiator inlet to allow for a direct shot. The large 3 core radiator was recessed in the core support some to allow for a little more space (but could have been done without).

Debris shield to keep anything coming off the tire from hitting my Holley 150 GPH billet fuel pump or Earls fuel filter.

Cut out for the 15 gallon cell, fuel pump sits level to the sump. All of the fuel system is complete.

The one piece driveshaft, and you can see the fuel lines running to the front.

All new power steering lines.
                            Last edited by markshatchi86; 04-03-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Awesome, looks great, when do you think you'll get it on the dyno

Comment

• Well, considering we have a dyno right behind my office, pretty soon

Comment

Working...
                                X