No announcement yet.

Vaughn Gittin Jr.>> Final Fight: Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a twin turbo Flat 6 on the FT86 that would be bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* and different for a change. or just the good old 2jz. it works for Aasbo, with a good team with some money it will do the trick, and Tanner like Inline 6.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
      How are the D-1 cars setting up these days? Or do you not think they could compete under FD judging?
      I think a good D1 driver in a good D1 car would get a good qualifying score in FD and that's about it. But when it comes to tandem I don't think they will be able to hang with a experience FD team and driver with a V8. Its funny because FD and D1 teams still have a qualifying setup and a tandem/grip setup.

But FD drivers are told to run their qualifying lines in tandem, while D1 drivers are told to run a defensive fast line. These guys in FD are still figuring out ways to run faster yet "gangster" lines in tandem....this is scary. Just compare Dais S13 with other S chassis D1 or FD, V8 or not this thing gets its feet in the ground and almost accelerates through drift.

The recipe for success in D1GP seems to be based on nimbleness and timing. If your leading stay tight and nail your marks, if your chasing time your self and take advantage of opponents mistakes if he makes any. Now tell me with that being said, which series can a low horsepower car have better chance of being competitive in.

That's why I think if FD continues to judge the sport like this they need to look into classes. The fans obviously would like to see a bigger variety of cars, configurations, and setups. And it will also give new opportunities for new teams and give new leases on life for some existing ones without compromising the integrity of their builds.

Now you might say "well I like to see david vs goliath matches", and yeah me too. The way I would bracket it, we would see the best david vs the best goliath instead of the worst and the best. This way a driver like Taka can get out of the round of 32 lol. And speaking of 32...

I think we need to figure out something other all 32 cars going tandem... yeah its kinda better then just regular individual judged runs. But lets face it its slow as hell, tandem in general is slow as hell... but its even worst when your watching one sided battles which in most cases occur in the 32.

We need something fast paced and exciting with a bit more strategy. Something the sport can market for live TV or at least something longer then a 30 minute show. I got ideas, but if I post them on here and someone turns around and uses them without giving me recognition, I would be pretty butt hurt lol.

Sorry for the bible lol

Maybe a twin turbo Flat 6 on the FT86 that would be bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* and different for a change. or just the good old 2jz. it works for Aasbo, with a good team with some money it will do the trick, and Tanner like Inline 6.
      I think turbo 6 cylinders are good choices. But the reliability and broader powerband of a LSX or a DOHC "Race" V8 make them a obvious better choice when you have a choice lol.
      Last edited by Bebop; 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I still prefer the D-1 style tandem over Forumal D. What you are saying makes sense because during one of the D-1 episodes someone was saying the big power 6's are good for qualifying but the SR was best for tandem.
        Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          I still prefer the D-1 style tandem over Forumal D. What you are saying makes sense because during one of the D-1 episodes someone was saying the big power 6's are good for qualifying but the SR was best for tandem.
          I still like D1 tandem, probably because I'm a old school fan. But its also with the quality of the battles. I see alot less mirror to mirror action in FD compared to D1.

Comment

Working...
          X