No announcement yet.

Do you consider this drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Ghost vouches for Jboss' knowledge then its going to be hard to argue about that. However i didnt call that into question, just mentioning the fact that i think its silly to argue the idea of "what is the corner" to make a point about "what is drifting"

Comment

well robert, i wasnt making an arguement about that....i was just explaining to him that if he is gonna tell ppl to think before they type....he should follow his own advice. but enough of this. this is way off topic. thats one thing i hate about these things....NO one can stick to the topic....including myself

Comment

I wasn't getting all up your fanny user. Just telling everyone here that he does know what he's talking about.

Comment

SLIDE THE CAR WOOHOOO

MANJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <(x.O)>

Comment

Originally posted by Misthael
            Okay. so if this is true... don't you have to turn to make your car be at that angle before the turn? Then that would mean that you're still not drifting until a turn actually occurs.
            Actually I agreed that you do have to "turn" to initiate the drift, i.e I agreed to (1):

"1) yes, you do have to seperate the front and rear tires from the center travel axis, i.e. turn. However, after initiated, you could essentiall drive straight."

However, after the start of the drift, you could travel in a straight line while sideways and never turn around a corner as long as you have enough front tire drag(light braking). It is all physics. The confusion is the definition of a drift. Everyone has their own opinion and their own idea of what a drift is. This makes definition confusing. There was another post(a couple actually) brought up about this already, lol.

Simply, I half agree with what you said. First, you have to turn to initiate the slide. Afterwards however, you don't actually have to turn. The angle of the car tells you that you actually had to be sideways before the car actually started to turn around a corner. With an attack angle higher than the corner angle, you must.

Comment

If I know my physics, and I like to think that I do, if you start going in a straight line while sideways it will then return to a straight forward position. You can't how a true straight line with the rear tires spinning unless its a burnout and you're going realy slow. I think that if you're in the middle of a high speed drift and you start going in a straight line it will snap back into position. I'm just getting this from HS physics class though. So of course I could be very wrong, which is very likely. Just my thoughts.

This is fun. Good old opinion sharing and no flamage. At least not what I think of as flamage.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!1

Comment

Working...
              X