Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought rice was the son of ROD?

Comment

oopsssss that's right..........that's why I put a (?) by it. I wasn't sure.

Comment

Chas... if "RHYS" saw you spelled his name "Rice" he'd take his Kiwi foot and kick you square in the balls... :P

Comment

can someone give me a link to this video. its not working for me.

Comment

to address the mainland vs hawaii statement about how you have to learn better control or you'll crash...that's a bunch of BS. either way you're going to learn how to avoid going too wide or too narrow. Besides, our main course here in the states is irwindale. there is no more non-forgiving track than that. its not a nice wall, ask the 14 people who totaled their cars last year on that wall.

As for the sam vs alex thing,

Alex's car used to put down 230 to the wheels. that car in general is extreme in every aspect. but it doesn't put down 230 to the wheels anymore, probably somewhere around 190-200.

Both drivers are awesome. that's a given. however if you talk to people who competed and were there (not just armchair internet drifters from drifting.com), they'll tell you alex should have won. There was a lot of controversy behind the pass, but the judges stood by their decision.

Comment

Well, I think the track in Hawaii is a very different style track than Irwindale. Our track has much tigher turns, and the road is more narrow, where Irwindale has long wide sweeping turns. So if you want to go high speed on our track, you do have to learn control or you pay the price. There is a large variation of speed at our track, fast entry speeds and slow turns, alot more braking going on. I'm not saying Irwindale is easy or requires less control, but its definately a different style of drifting, way more throttle on at higher gears. And that is probably what makes Irwindale more dangereous, higher speeds. We probably have more accidents at our track because of the larger variations in speeds, but they probably aren't as serious as the high speed accidents at Irwindale. I give mad respect to the guys that drift at Irwindale, it would be the equivalent of us drifting on the Freeway out here, and thats just straight up crazy.

Comment

Alright can someone who has this file host it elsewhere? The domain or whatever is screwed

Comment

dude, I've seen pics of you slide, and there's no doubt in my mind that you know what you're talking about. especially on your track. I've only seen the layouts and it looks like a really fun track.

the majority of our guys here on the mainland were trained in the parking lot courses from DG and Ddays. it was a big wake up call driving the bank for most people, and I still find it crazy and am scared as hell to even give it a try. The funny thing is most of the guys are used to it now and KILL it every time they go out.

Comment

Working...
                  X