No announcement yet.

G35 Drifting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that viper and GTO are a beast. I am tired of all the Americans booing the gto cus its domestic. Dont get me wrong I am a hardcore jdm fan but when you bring a new type of sport to the us your are going to have some domestic intervention. I would like to see some svt cobras out there too or maybe a z28 or ss. But I hope the jdm cars keep winning. Yeah another thing would be aweasome if tube chassis would be used on most cars. That would be aweasome as hell.

Comment

here is one from here in tampa . http://www.dgtrials.com/g35wheels/erik_g35.mpeg

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_blitz21
        Yeah that viper and GTO are a beast. I am tired of all the Americans booing the gto cus its domestic. Dont get me wrong I am a hardcore jdm fan but when you bring a new type of sport to the us your are going to have some domestic intervention. I would like to see some svt cobras out there too or maybe a z28 or ss. But I hope the jdm cars keep winning. Yeah another thing would be aweasome if tube chassis would be used on most cars. That would be aweasome as hell.
        No, that would not be awesome.

Comment

that video of the g35.. it was ok...... but thats the wimpy g35 har har

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
            No, that would not be awesome.
            I second that... Besides is booing even any issue anymore?

Hmm I see Ernie, I do have to agree with you for the most part on the light weight, its always been my goal. I dont know if i'd swap out the 3.5 liter, but then again i havent drove one either so i cant really comment until i do. But your very correct about Sam's viper, he is becomming the man to beat. His driving is incredably and that car seems to match him perfectly. But no one is unbeatable, so good luck man! show them what a S13 can do.
            Last edited by nissanguy_24; 06-27-2004, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ok for a stock 4 door g35 thats damn good. And I wasnt saying that the american cars should win I was just saying they should enter so there can be some variety. I mean I just want to see them out there beacuse I want to see a silvia or a chaser crush a z28 or a cobra.

Comment

haha me and my dad went drifting in a parking lot in his g-35 4 door sedan

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_blitz21
                  Ok for a stock 4 door g35 thats damn good. And I wasnt saying that the american cars should win I was just saying they should enter so there can be some variety. I mean I just want to see them out there beacuse I want to see a silvia or a chaser crush a z28 or a cobra.
                  Its your want for all the drift cars to go to tube frame bodies most of us dont agree with.

Comment

Tube frames would be cool. I mean not every car but if there were a couple 240 tube frames and if blitz made there r34 tube frame that would be pretty sick. Sorry for not explaining my ideas thouroghly.

Comment

that G35 in the video has POTENTIAL (also known as a drift team). I really think an SR, some suspension, and an LSD would wake that car up. Has anyone looked into the parts similarities between the 4door G and the 350z? I wonder if the diffs are the same and if suspension is the same design.....that would really solve a lot of my questions.
                      Ernie Fixmer
                      Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
                      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

i hear they share the same, suspension, trans, engine, styling, drivetrain and some other stuff i foreget. dont quote me on it cuz this is just wat ive HEARD

Comment

Go pull up last months superstreet. I am not kidding they did an amazing job explaining the difference between the z engine the 2 door g35 and the 4 door g35 engines. It may be minimal but its important.

Comment

Originally posted by Erine: I prefer the 4cylinder because it seams to have a smoother and more aggressive response when in its powerband range.
                            Right on! I love the idea of making a large chassis even lighter. I haven't look at the power to weight ratio or anything else, but i agree if i had a g35 i would put an Sr or even possibly something else lighter, maybe a three rotor..if feasible...I've seen a supra with an RB setup for jgtc; i believe to shed some weight off the chassis to making it more blanced, and keep the torque/power the same. If you apply that same thinking to drifting, making a car even more lighter and blanced, it all make sense if the Sr is making adequate power. Of course, the only drawback is that you lose the torque and power of the six, but that okay because the drive can compansate for that if they are skilled.
                            Last edited by SilviaLove; 06-28-2004, 09:21 PM.

Comment

G35 = Skyline

350z = Fairlady

it's that simple.

Comment

just drop a 4ag in a g35

Comment

Working...
                                X