No announcement yet.

My 240Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ghost, did you have any problems with fitment or getting the 302 in the 240Z? I've been thinking of going this route when I get a 240Z.

Comment

OMG no Justin!!! haha, why not just a high pwered SR? We just shot one, it was awesome! I'm going to use an L28 turbo motor...keep it in the family!!!! LOL!

Comment

Well, my mind isn't made up yet, but it's pretty tempting. For one, I drive a rotary, so I kinda have the desire for a car that has lots of torque. Second, whatever motor I build it's probably going to be in the 400-500 hp range. It'll be a lot easier to get that power out of a v8 than anything else. Third, it'll probably be cheaper to build a v8 than a stout turbo motor. Besides, I just love the sound of a well built V8. Anyways though, I don't even have the car yet so I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Comment

You all suck. I'm trying to make due with my '76 280Z, and it's doing alright I guess.
          It's just because you guys have more money you know, hehe.

BTW, I want an LSD for my Z too. Goodluck finding one.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pennyman; 07-26-2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

very NICE Z lostsol... crazy Z u have there as well ghost
            keep it up guyz!

Comment

I might get a Z, a 300zx that is...

Comment

Well, Turbo Rotary man, the fitment was actually a pain in the rumpus. The headers were cut up and fabbed together by my brother. The engine was mounted in by him too. They put mounts on top of the factory mounts. This normally would not cause that much of a problem, you would just put a cowl hood on it to cover the engine. But with mine, since the bodywork was sooooooo extensive, notice the hood line is moved back about a foot, I can't run the hood that came with it. SO, if I wanted to keep the 302, I would have to go get a hood, cut it down, mold the cowl on it and then go from there or keep the hood I have, mold the cowl on and then go. So the 302 is getting yanked. I would go with a universal crossmember though in the future. But i'm glad they didn't since the engine is coming out. Thank god for small wonders. That 302 was a pretty well built engine. Had Rousch heads, high comp pistons, steel crank, Holley 750, Edlebrock intake, electric water pump, all Lokar cables, MRP studs. It was nice and had never been started. Brand freaking new. So I gave it to my brother with the trans. I kept the 4 core radiator though. Thats not going anywhere. Here's an engine shot, I can get you some shots of the header fab and whatnot. But I would really suggest going Chevy since there are so many kits out there to do it and it's been done so many times.

Couple shots of the steel bodywork being made and the nosepiece. This guy went to some real pains, even rolling the under edge of the flares. Pretty first rate work. There's a few places that need attn but they aren't really noticable unless you are really anal retentive. Sometimes I am, sometimes i'm not. So they don't really bother me. He also added lift supports for the hood, sunroof (power slide back into the roof) made the front end one piece and a couple other things. I am going to fill in the gas door since I have a fuel cell, probably lop off the rain channels and clean some of the stuff up in the rear of the car. Was going to get rid of the seats and go back with recovered stock ones but I think I might keep those. Robbing the harnesses out of the dead FD and putting those in there. Who knows, I may even turbo 2.8 it later on. But the 6 going back in it is a Stroker engine so it's pretty stout.

Penneyman, I have a r200 diff that I may not be using. If I don't I will let you know.

Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 07-27-2004, 12:51 AM.

Comment

ALRIGHT!!! Zs woohoo!!.....how bout a 510??

Comment

Guy in my stable just got one today. 1973, 60k miles, 4 speed, factory air (still working), perfect exterior and still has the freaking plastic on the seats man. 900 Buckaroos.

The horror. I wanted it.

Comment

Before Pics

Ugly
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You can get an older 280 lip and delete those turn signals. Thats what I did with mine. My 240 was orange as well with orange and white tweed and vinyl interior. Was perfect except for a bullet hole right in front of the gas door. Don't ask me how that got there. There when I got it.

Comment

Here's probably the baddest 510 I have ever seen. Bryan Feldmans 510 Rotary Turbo from Atlanta. Check out the photo's. Those are 10inch!!!!!! tires under the factory wheel wells with a Jaguar independent rear. There's over 40 body mods on that car I think. Go check out his site. www.bryanf.com.

He used to own my Z at one time. This guy is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X