Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No i havent called them yet

Comment

ahh i guess i have to start postin again, hey miata guys how have yah been?

any ways,
      89-93 have 1.6 liters
      94-97 have 1.8 liters the motors both look very similiar.
      99-present have 1.8 liters also..

*there was no 1998 model*

let me say nice car youll have fun with it i had a 97 before my current 95 there are subtle diferences but nothin special. the luxuries are the only thing i miss. but it looks like you have some work to do. id switch out to some 15's and ditch those 17's

here is a brief outline of he model chages.
      http://www.miata.net/faq/miatachanges.html

and here is a set of links to alot of miata parts stores.
      http://www.miata.net/marketplace.html

do check out corksport, adrenaline racing, rspeed and flyin miata
      all great places.

there are many turbo kits available for the 1.8 but flyin miata is recomended.

rspeed will charge you about 700 per bumper if you want a GV kit.

if yah have any questions hit me up. i can deffinatly answer anything.

Thrillz

PS. how do i put a pic in my sig?
      Last edited by SlideRoadster; 08-19-2004, 05:28 AM.

Comment

even though Miatas are not rotaty powered, it probably will by the time i'm done with one.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
          Or like this
          I like the JDM?, the second one. The first one looks like the wheels are tilted weird.

Comment

Rotary been done.. there sucha b.itch and not exactly cheap to put in either. yah know because of the ecentric drive shaft. so the firewall must be reworked. oh well but ive seen it done with 400hp turbo ofcourse kicked the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of a VR-4 till the turns came.. then the guy had tah slow up.. didnt know how tah opush it through the turns, i guess. well the install was new to him so he needed to get used to it he said. but it was quick, and light.

Thrillz

Comment

Why go to 15s? Also how much does the 97 weigh?

Comment

there shouldn't be much of a weight difference between the first gens, Off hand i don't know what mine weighs but it's not heavy. The only real difference between any of the years is Horsepower except the 96 (which had the rear view mirror mounted to the windshield because of a dome light that took the spot where it used to be). To be all honest there wasn't much of a hp difference either. Using a 15" would help out alot in an NA miata because of the lack of power but you should be fine with the 17's because you have the power to back them up, then again a 15 or even 14 would = less rotating mass and less weight to all 4 corners. I personally prefer a 14" but thats me. I think we also left out an important thing about these cars. They are able to take a tremendous beating Force fed (look at Ric Stephens MiniMonster, it makes almost 500hp on stock internals?). One thing alot of people don't tend to mention is the fact that they are the only cars that use Formula 1 Technology by using oil piston coolers through the connecting rod, you can't beat that with a stick. Sorry if i rambled on too much just thought i would add that in there too.
                Last edited by JDM EUNOS; 08-19-2004, 10:20 PM.

Comment

id go to 15's or 16's and go wider more tire options and less weight, better rotating mass, faster acceleration. just a few good things oh and cheaper tires a drifters number one thought!

ok the horse power and weight low-down...

90-93
                  116 HP - 2200lbs

94, 95
                  128 HP - 2300lbs

133 HP - 2300lbs (OBD-2 1.8 liter)

140 HP - 2400lbs 6-speed introduced, and improved chasis rigidity

01,plus
                  142 HP - 2400lbs

doesnt take much to grab a second gen with a first gen.

Thrillz

Comment

Where did you find that? And what about the specs on the mazdaspeed miata

Comment

specs for the mazdaspeed are not the greatest, they do not have the perfect 50/50 weight distribution like their siblings.I think there 52/48, which isn't bad but in the end it's noticeable when you dive into the corners because it tends to understeer more. Also they are pretty bulky compared to the others. Off hand i believe they weigh in at around 2600lbs, correct me if i'm wrong. Horsepower isn't as astounding as what people make it out to be, don't get me wrong with 180 something on tap it's deffinetly quicker than a stock miata, it does handle a bit better that a stock one, but for the price you could buy a really good used 1st gen and build a way better machine than what the mazdaspeed miata is worth. I test drove one with my dad and we were quite dissapointed with it. All your paying for is the name IMO it's a waste of hard earned money. Stick with the first gens.
                      Last edited by JDM EUNOS; 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I have a set of american racing wheels that came with them and they were 14 inch. It was hard to find a right tire for it, so my friend just gave me a good deal on the 17s. I wanna try and sell those 14s and get something better in the future that is around 15-16 inches that i like.

Comment

I like the carbon dash and multi peice wheels

Comment

Thanks i like it too.

Comment

What engine modifications do you miata guys have? or just list what modifications you have done to your miata.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
                                thx i love the car. Its getting a full tune up everything done alignment the whole car is getting done for free
                                you lucky bastard!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X