• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice

Comment

how much would someone pay for a 280zx.
      im thinking about buying one from a car dealer they want 500
      but the rear interior is crap its ripped the motor wont start an half the roof has a dent. is it worth 500

Comment

Um/....

I would go to www.zcar.com and check out the 70-83 section...

for $500 a ZX with missing interior and a torn apart.. non running engine?

Um... is it a turbo?
        Rust?
        Good Body?

ZX's are heavier and IMHO they are uglier.. too boxy and don't stick to the original Z's too much.

For drifting... NO! Stay away from ZX's.

Check out the classifieds on www.zcar.com and see if you can find a good ZX in your area or a good Z for $500. They can be found cheap depending on where ya live.

Comment

what was the difference between the ZX models like the 280ZX compared to the 280Z? oh and they have 240Zs in project gotham racing 2 which i thought was kind of cool.

Comment

sweet car. i used the same radiator when i built my Conquest, just with the filler neck and outlets swapped on opposite ends from yours. cools great and it was super cheap.

Comment

Yea it's a great radiator. Only problem I had is that the outlets are reverse from the original. When the 306 was in there, it didn't matter but going back to the original motor, I had to fab Radiator hoses. They actually came out pretty well. I was going to use the Flexibel Coolant Transfer hoses that are metal but those honkers were going to end up being 200 bucks. So I used polished pipe and bends to make it.

Comment

Just a quick question for you Z guys out there. I plan on buying a 240Z sooner or later and was wondering what motor would be the best if I wanted to build a pretty stout NA motor. I guess what I'm really asking is what is the best BLOCK to use since everything else will be replaced with aftermarket parts. The car would be built as a street/road race car, so I'd be looking for a higher top end then anything (I drive a rotary, so I'm used to not having any torque...lol).

Comment

The F54 block would be the stoutest is has webbing between the cylinders to strengthen it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZCarKid
                    The F54 block would be the stoutest is has webbing between the cylinders to strengthen it.
                    OK, cool. Now that I think about it though, would I even need a block that strong for a NA motor? What's pretty much the limit a NA Z motor can put out? I guess I should just start lurking around the Z forums.

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/zgarage2001/

This site will help you a lot on performance and general z info.

Comment

Originally posted by ZCarKid
                        http://www.geocities.com/zgarage2001/

This site will help you a lot on performance and general z info.
                        Holy crap, that is an extremely informative site. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Yea, Zcarkid is the bomba on the Z's man. He did mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X