Transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformation

Got my Silvia all painted finally. I know some of you wanted pics, but before that, Ill start from the beginning. Also I have to thank some people...

Started off with my shat 240. Nice interior, bad exterior:

Test fitted the new fenders:

We had to remove the bar in the pic. I still have it. Take it off my hands!:

Mock up:

You have to love the 3 different body colors (4 if you count the red under the white) and the no lights look:

Lights in:

Back from paint:

Everything fits fairly well:

MMMMmmm.... thats sexy:

I <3 FL:

Thanks to:
    Chris: for helping with everything. Couldnt have done it without you.
    Matt and Regina: for helping? Heh... and moral support. Oh and thanks for telling me my LSD sucked.
    Jonas: For the socket. Was greatly needed.
    Last edited by JC; 08-30-2004, 07:23 AM.

I love seeing the transformation from begining to end. looks great, love the car.

Comment

Nice job! Are you gonna put the of the silvia parts in the front, i see the fender is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
        Nice job! Are you gonna put the of the silvia parts in the front, i see the fender is missing.
        Im going to go with an aftermarket Silvia grill because the stock one is ghay and blocks airflow. All the fenders are on. None are missing.

Comment

How much did that paint job cost?

Good work, looks great.

Comment

nice but now the question is wheres the sr in that baby?! lol
            seriously joking sorry.. ::ahem::

love the color. looks like nice fit too. what other future plans for the car?

Comment

Paint was around $700. The SR is comming! Its would feel right at home in my car.

Comment

looks amazing, good job.

Just curious, (don't flame me, im kind of a nub) how much does a sr20det go for in the states, and what the difference between red top and black?

Comment

That's a nice 240, but where's the Silvia?

Comment

Originally posted by rlngtngku
                    looks amazing, good job.

Just curious, (don't flame me, im kind of a nub) how much does a sr20det go for in the states, and what the difference between red top and black?
                    SR motors go for like $1500-$2000+ here. (No install) The red top came from older cars (Like Silvias, S13s, 180sx) and put out like 202HP and the black top comes out of newer cars (Like 1994+ Silvias, 180SXs, S13s, S14s, S15s) and puts out like 215HP. Not a real big difference, especially if your going to upgrade the turbo.

Next time just do a search.

Comment

I was never really sure how the silvia converson worked?.... is it just a fender and bumper replacement? and then the lights also? or do you need to do some framework? thnx

Comment

You take off the existing lights, bumper, fenders, and hood and just replace them with the Silvia ones. No framework needed. When you replace everything, it does not fit perfectly, so you have to spend some time adjusting and tweaking everything so it fits just right. Thats a pain in the a$$.

Comment

Good job dude. It looks awesome. I'm hoping to see it at DDay3. Awesome job. Too bad about UPS though, I saw you on TR looking for new fenders. Looks really clean.

Comment

boo, onevia style 4 lyfe

Comment

Yea, I want to go to DD3, but I need to get my LSD installed! Plus Im broke... literally, so that does not help. But, if I get the LSD in this week, Ill find a way to get some money and go.

BTW, I also posted in Nis/Infin tech sec on TR.

Comment

Working...
                              X