No announcement yet.

Pics from my trip to Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the car on the right an old Skyline? What kind of car is that?

Comment

i say early 70's celica. the old skylines from that time look more like t-birds from the 50's...

Comment

looks like a rolls royce jk

anyway, i love how the mines R34 screams "cant touch this"

also, is it common for tuning shops/companies to just bring their car to a local drift spot/car show/car meeting to show their cars off?

from what i see both Mine's and Up Garage did it...

when i used to live in the states some guy wanted to sell me a 1972 celica number 1200-1300 in the US for aobut 800 bucks, cylinder blown... should have taken it, I was stupid, if anyone is really interested, PM me for the info.

did that blue GTR34 drift?

Comment

Shieeeeet, these thingies are SWEET! If only I could go to Japan sometime... All 86's look extremely tight. Love it.

Comment

one word of advice: dont go to the daikoku and try to start a conversation with the japanese drivers and then cut them off in the middle of talking or act like a smartass...you will be hated..they dont want arrogant gaijins there. im not saying you are, but thats just somethin you might wanna avoid. one word became one paragraph
            Most people there are cool and respectful, just don't be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* to them and they won't do the same to you. Also when going to meet spots ask them if you can take a pic of their car, they'll be more then happy to pop the hood open the door etc...they love it when people take pics of their rides (it would help if you spoke a lil japanese though).

While at baybridge (the spot with the overpasses and bridges) be very careful, on 2 occasions Yakuza came and crashed the party. Once you see them its time to get the hell out of there. One time there was 10 or so of them with nightsticks and they were just beating the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of peoples cars, especially drifters, they hate them for some reason. If they know you're american they will tell you to leave and you probably should. Theres bozos there too but they usually just ride around in circles with their loud and annoying bikes.

also, is it common for tuning shops/companies to just bring their car to a local drift spot/car show/car meeting to show their cars off?
            I'm not sure how common it is, I was very surprised to see the UpGarage AE86 there at baybridge. He was only there for about 30 minutes tops. Also, the Mines GT-R was there because the americans who put the show together knew the guys at mines so they basically let them borrow the GT-R for the day. The car show pics were on the Yokosuka naval base by the way.

And yea that blue GT-R tried to drift a few times, it didn't do too well. There were a couple R32's drifting too but it was mostly S13s, a few chasers and an altezza.

Comment

more pics more pics more pics
              vid too

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways86
                While at baybridge (the spot with the overpasses and bridges) be very careful, on 2 occasions Yakuza came and crashed the party. Once you see them its time to get the hell out of there. One time there was 10 or so of them with nightsticks and they were just beating the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of peoples cars, especially drifters, they hate them for some reason. If they know you're american they will tell you to leave and you probably should. Theres bozos there too but they usually just ride around in circles with their loud and annoying bikes.
                People stand for that crap? I guess it's like the mafia or whatever, but still...

Comment

Bashers, man

just like in JDM insider 2

Comment

People in Japan are not like in the states, they wont just pop you in the face if you act like a fool. They're very respectful there, its the culture...and yea its the mafia so if you value your life I wouldn't start stuff with them haha

Click on the link for more...but if you guys are too lazy then here ya go

Bay Bridge

Wangan accident

I drove this car

Comment

wow.......i wish we had shows like this 1........i mean.....HIN is a fukin joke compare to this.......

Comment

oh how it must be to live there

Comment

thank got my major is in Automotive engineering, and i minor in international buisness. I hope i get to go there. Dare to dream

Comment

just wonderin

if they have neon nights in japan, does it still count as rice?

and did you have to pay to get into the show? or was it free?

Comment

Just a side info..I believe the reason for the Yakuzas not liking the drifters because the Yakuzas believe in the old ways and want to stay in the old ways of Japan. They believe the drifters to be the "Americanized" youth or something.

Yeah when I lived in Okinawa the people there are very respectful and different from over here. I love it over there.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
                                i say early 70's celica. the old skylines from that time look more like t-birds from the 50's...
                                Do you know its a 70s Celica for sure? Does anyone know what car this is for sure??

If it is, do you know if they were also brought to the US?
                                Google yields little info.

Comment

Working...
                                X