No announcement yet.

Even the Cops have a drift team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome to defensive driving. This is what we actually call this. Being LEO, I had to go through the same course (but not nearly as fun) What they are learning is high speed techniques. The 360 IS intentional and teaches us how to recover in the event of a spin out. The tail sliding is just that, being able to hold your car in a high speed turn. They drive so close to the other cars just to get them used to passing cars ion close proximity. I think I still have video of when I did the course. If I can upload it, I will show it to you guys.

This isnt fair if it is actually a drift team. I thought I was the only LEO who actually drifts

Comment

That reminds me of how they train German autobahn drivers. They drive standard normal Audi's, so they have to be better drivers to outmaneuver some of the faster cars they come across. They train the drivers in a giant simulator that encompases and moves an entire car in every possible direction. They also train the cops to pull in front of people before putting their lights on in order to cut down on people running.

Comment

bump for the best video ever

Comment

Most of the chp coupes are 5speed you can see the pig down shift.

Originally posted by Parry
          Those guys were pretty good, I was kinda impressed, they were throwing those yachts around pretty good.

If you manually put the thing in 2nd, it will pretty much stay there. That limits the tranny to only two gears and helps make it more predictable. 2nd is good to a fairly decent clip, but if you do need third than that can make things a little trickier.

You can also run a manual valve body so it only shifts when you tell it to.

For cars like these automatics are not such a bad thing. It's tough to find manuals that will hold the kind of torque even a moderately built normally aspirated small block will make. Much past 400 ft-lbs if you are beating on it you will probably need to run either built T5's or corvette T56's, both of which are somewhat pricey.

Comment

maybe now we can just battle out a ticket....

Comment

Working...
            X