No announcement yet.

yay! a place for n00bs :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miatas are sweet for drifting. Turbo that beast and you have a crazy street machine. If I didnt want a hardtop so back I could sport a miata. (hardtop miatas are retarded looking, personal preference)

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
      Miatas are sweet for drifting. Turbo that beast and you have a crazy street machine. If I didnt want a hardtop so back I could sport a miata. (hardtop miatas are retarded looking, personal preference)
      There was this turbo Miata at our first practice day in Michigan, that thing kicked. It had huge offset Watanabes and and those fiberglass fender flares. It was so bad, I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by conandd
        newbie question:

without LSD u still can drift but with less power at the exit ?

Im planning on a 1.8L miata ..but hardly find one with LSD..

newbie question #2:

solid axle ? IRS? what does IRS stand for ? (I can only think of Internal Revenue Service )

one more:

what year of celica re u talking about?
        4wd ?

Most 1.8 Miatas, 94-03 have Torsens.

Comment

Shoul also mention that certian 240's equipped with HICAS (don't ask me what that stands for hydroulic something or othere) and the FC both have rear wheel steering, meaning that when you corner hard the rear wheels will turn as well, helping to keep your car gripped to the road, makes drifting a bit more difficult, but i do ok in my fc, i reccomend to anyone getting a fc to pay the extra at the get go for one with the 5 lug breaks, it comes with a Limited Slip, whereas the 4 lugs don't and also has 4 piston breaks as opposed to single piston, trust me, as one who is going through the conversion at this time, it's a lot easier to just buy one with the 5 lug breaks in it. also one more tidbit, 86-88 fc's have clutch type lsd but less power and 89 and up have viscous lsd, clutch type lsd is better for drifting in a lot of people's opinion but any style will help you out

Comment

Working...
          X