Who is the best drifter ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best drifter ever?

Plain and simple. Whos the best. If you pick other, say who.
    Nobutero Taniguchi
    8.24%
    Katsuhiro Ueo
    16.47%
    Keiichi Tsuchiya
    54.71%
    Other
    20.59%

there is a reason he is called dori king

Comment

Originally posted by andylaurel
      there is a reason he is called dori king
      Agreed. While everyone on that list is a great drifter, there is still only one person who they all call Drift King.

Zach

Comment

My personal opinion

Manabu Orido..Just came out of "retirement" to start drifting again. I give props to all real drifters but I used to watch him grip race and drift when i first started out back in the day. He was a D1 judge but now back on that track, he was a champion back in the day and will be again soon, no doubt.

Comment

Keiichi is called Dori King, but realistically he couldnt even quality top 32 in a D1 competition... out of the drivers listed i think UEO is the most impressive (drifter)

Comment

UEO no doubt...

Comment

Keiichi is the man for pretty much helping bring up drifting. But overall skill...I've always considered Ueo to be a great drifter with a lot of technique and after seeing it in person. I'd have to say he's up there at the top of the list.

Comment

ueo... i mean taniguchi and the rest of the gang started with AE86'S but they moved on they wanted something easier where as ueo is sticking to AE86'S and keeping up with their and all their new machines... UEO...

Comment

ueo is good at clutch kicking, which gets the best angle thats it. if your looking at it at that stand point. as a driver overall taniguchi is hell of a lot better. his driving is fast and very smooth. hes a calm driver. ueo looks as if hes panicking behind the wheel. youichi imamura is also good.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                    Keiichi is the man for pretty much helping bring up drifting. But overall skill...I've always considered Ueo to be a great drifter with a lot of technique and after seeing it in person. I'd have to say he's up there at the top of the list.
                    Don't worry I got some video of Ueo beating on your Camaroku! He said he really likes the way your car feels at higher speeds..lol!

Comment

Other. Mitsuru Hariguchi.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
                        Other. Mitsuru Hariguchi.
                        Nothing like 4 foot high wings, 32x17 chrome rims, and bumpers that dragged on the ground 3 years ago. He was a god among men.
                        www.chrisforsberg.com
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        www.nosdrift.com
                        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                          ueo is good at clutch kicking, which gets the best angle thats it. if your looking at it at that stand point. as a driver overall taniguchi is hell of a lot better. his driving is fast and very smooth. hes a calm driver. ueo looks as if hes panicking behind the wheel. youichi imamura is also good.
                          Ueo looks like he's panicking because he's the most aggressive driver out there... which he deffinitely is NOT panicking, nobody immitates his style, same goes for Imamura, and thats why they've both won D1... you have to be far out of the ordinary to win D1 in a corolla... and what does clutch kicking have to do with Angle?

Comment

And, its not only the fact that Ueo is a very aggresive driver. I bet if Ueo had a 400-500 hp S15, he wouldnt be so aggresive. Correct me if Im wrong, but with higher power cars, you can control drifts with the throttle alot more than with lower power cars. With lower power cars, you need to control the drifts through aggresive steering imputs. Im making this assumption off of the fact that when Ueo visited Hawaii and drove Revlimits Camaro, Revlimit said that Ueo had a very smooth style. Keep in mind, Revlimits Camaro has over 400hp.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                              And, its not only the fact that Ueo is a very aggresive driver. I bet if Ueo had a 400-500 hp S15, he wouldnt be so aggresive. Correct me if Im wrong, but with higher power cars, you can control drifts with the throttle alot more than with lower power cars. With lower power cars, you need to control the drifts through aggresive steering imputs. Im making this assumption off of the fact that when Ueo visited Hawaii and drove Revlimits Camaro, Revlimit said that Ueo had a very smooth style. Keep in mind, Revlimits Camaro has over 400hp.
                              Yup when Ueo came to Hawaii and drove my car it looked nothing like how he drives his Hachi. Actually I was first scared as hell that he was going to drive my car like that haha. Just imagining my clutch frying or my motor blowing up due to being revved to 10k.But yea he was actually super smooth and relaxed when he was in my car.

Comment

Working...
                              X