rwd integras&civics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwd integras&civics

i dont know how many people are with me but i dont want to see rwd HONDAS (except s2kdrifting around the track with theTRUE!!!!!! rwd cars

but i do like the new lime green levin

What's wrong with rear-wheel-drive Hondas?

Comment

they were built front wheel drive so they should stay front wheel drive they were built for grip so they should stick to tearing it up on the touge by grip not drift

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing some integras or civics. At least they would be doing something different. I'd respect whoever did this because it just shows how much they like their car. But anyway I think its nice to see a new car drifting instead of the usual 240 and AE86.

Comment

There was a rwd integra at some event in florida. It sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by blackdrifter100
            they were built front wheel drive so they should stay front wheel drive they were built for grip so they should stick to tearing it up on the touge by grip not drift
            Then you shouldn't drift because NO CAR WAS BUILT FOR DRIFT

Comment

i would love to see a rwd version of the new style preludes sliding because those things look pretty sweet...

Comment

Hondas should be destroyed. Its not that they are bad cars, its just the image people have built up for them. The rep. RICE.

Instead of seeing more Hondas... I would like to see more domestic cars. Even the D1 judges were saying it.

Comment

I think the biggest problem for the converted Integra is that it is still in a fwd layout. It just has the transfer case, and halfshafts and rear suspension from a CR-V. So the car is still extremely nose heavy. I just couldn't justify spending that kind of time and money for the end result to a less than mediocre car.

Comment

There's also the problem of the transversely mounted engine on a RWD car. It doesn't direct the torque directly to the rear wheels so there's some loss through the drivetrain. Now what I would love to see is an H22A-powered mounted in the rear of a DC2 Integra. I'm not sure if that would be possible but a MR DC2 would be pretty badazz.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                      There's also the problem of the transversely mounted engine on a RWD car. It doesn't direct the torque directly to the rear wheels so there's some loss through the drivetrain. Now what I would love to see is an H22A-powered mounted in the rear of a DC2 Integra. I'm not sure if that would be possible but a MR DC2 would be pretty badazz.
                      wow not a bad idea IMO. um, if Stephen is reading this, tell us exactly how mcuh time andmoney it costed for you guys to swap the NSX (C22 i think) to a FR layout into that civic, if you don't mind. tahnx

Comment

there is a civic floating around (in canada i belive) with a s2k driveline and engine in it... the car is quite riced, but personally, the idea of a rwd hatch is kinda sexy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Minivan_Driver
                          There was a rwd integra at some event in florida. It sucked.

wow well ill speak on behalf and defend my friend blake and his crew at braille autos. being a close friend of his the reason he sucked so bad was it was his first time driving that car, ever attending a drifting event, and driving a rwd drift integra period. now blake is quite good and the car is getting better and better so you should watch your words minvan driver, i doubt your drifting capabilites are that good anyways, hell you prolly cant.

and i beleive the rwd components were from a crx and not a crv and its alot less than you guys think trust me, braille auto will be making kits soon to convert most acura/hondas into rwd and id tell you a price but id have to shoot you all. if anyones intrested pm me and maybe i can hook u up

Comment

Did they fabricate their own driveshafts and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871

and i beleive the rwd components were from a crx and not a crv
                              huh??
                              I remember seeing a dvd from the d1 tryouts in florida and he said that he used crv components
                              Last edited by jaydm180sx; 08-08-2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X