No announcement yet.

Im going to Japan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha thanks allblack that would be sweet... to bad i only have my permit but i think if your 18 i could drive wit you in the car.. not to sure though but that would be pretty awsome

Comment

in japan none of that being 18bs matters. u can drive bro

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
        N E 1 else know anything about Yokosuka?
        Don't you mean "yokoso". It means welcome, "irashaimase" also means welcome but like welcome in a store...

Comment

hey when i join the USAF next year they will want to know what bases i want to be stationed and i was gonna list all of them as bases in japan no which ones are closest to some good togue runs or quiet intersections? I'd like to know and not just get stuck somewhere out in the country with no good drifting spots. Or tracks which ones are closest to race tracks?

Comment

no its not yokoso..its yokosuka..pronounced "yokoska". Your best bets for bases in japan for USAF are somewhere in okinawa, yokota, and misawa is pretty isolated and im not 100% sure its a USAF base..but its 13 hours away from any yokohama or yokota action..but misawa is a cold and quiet place

Comment

ok i guess i shouldn't list misawa then

What about yokota?

Comment

u dont want misawa but its better than not going to japan. okinawa is awesome casue its a tropical island and warm all year around and the cars are cheaper

Comment

My home town is next to Yokosuka.
                  I saw a very nice orange syl-eighty when I went to my favorite chinese restaurant in central Yokosuka,
                  when I went back to my hometown in July.
                  I see many drift cars overthere and looks like most of cool japanese sports cars are driven by US soldiers and sailors.

I don't know any good touge there coz I didn't drive when I lived there.
                  but I'm sure if it's close from the city, traffic should be busy even in midnight.
                  but it's close to legendary places like Hakone and shutoko-highway.
                  it's like 70km to hakone. I don't know how long it takes.

but I heard there are too many driftcars in hakone to drift.

Comment

Too many drift cars to drift!? Whats that supposed to mean?

Comment

like you have to wait for a chance at a clear corner? ir is it like drift gridlock? that would be funny for get twin drifting 3 lane gridlock drift!

Comment

I heard there were too many other cars that it's not safe,
                        and you just don't feel like drifting or anything.
                        that's just what I heard from someone who went there to drive.
                        he went to Hakone and other places from Initial D touges.

Comment

dude that would be tight... what age do you get your driver's lisence there??

Comment

Comment

18 to 19 for most people in my area. but in big cities it might be different.
                              they don't really need cars for daily life.
                              it was 20 or 21 for myself as I wasn't interested in cars and driving.
                              it costs a lot of money to own a car overhere. and I didn't have such dedication.
                              I just payed my yearly tax which was about $400. outrageous.
                              my car is valued just around $3,000 and costs $3,000 to $5,000 in the used car market.
                              I could spend that money to buy new centerfore clutch set..

Comment

never heard of drift gridlock...usually six or seven cars will drift a series of corners together....chain drifting. its great fun and it really shows your car control and skill.
                                cars being expensive? i dont see how...my 1995 Supra cost me only 6k and the S14 silvia was less than 3k. s13's can be had for less than 2500 easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X