No announcement yet.

Drifting in a FF Minivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A v8 in the trunk? It's a van :-P. I could put a Viper v12 engine in the back.

And as cool as that would be, i'm trying to stay fairly cheap :-P. My mom wouldnt mind dropping a couple grand upping this thing, but eh, I'd bet Viper engines run a little higher than that :-P

Comment

Hehe, you could aways drop a v8 in the trunk and give it a 12 pt cage and race it. Really, ford did it. I though I had some pictures but i dont.
      not quite..... that thing had an F1 engine in it, and was mostly carbon-fibre. It was more of an F1 car with a Mini-van shaped carbon body, much similar to the Renault Espace that most people here would recognize from Gran Turismo 2.

I could put a Viper v12 engine in the back.
      *cough* - V10 - *cough*

Comment

Oof, is it? My bad :-P.

In any case, it's a big'un.

I could take the engine out of an Excursion and pop it in there too. 6.8L V10 .

Comment

hahahaha rotflmfao
          this sh*t is funny
          if ya really wanna drift ur ya mum van (which i got kno idea wat the f@#k it looks like cos im in AUS), do wat i did to my old trusty ford ecconovan (which was manual but FR with all the frikin wieght up the front), wat u gotta do is first add some sway bars yes they make a huge diff then drop the thing on its balls well maybe no so u srape on the ground bout low enough to go up and down gutters and add some mags, so basically suppension is the key don't wry about it bein auto and FF adopt to left foot braking it may take longer to learn it but its worth it (camrys are good for left foot braking)

and to that Espace F1 which is one mad van
          so if u were wondering wat happend to the wining williams F1 from 1995 well the Espace F1 HAS ITS CHASSIS (yeah they swapped tops man Renault crazy buggers) and is fast as a F1 and someone had the balls to take it to 312 Kph and 0-200 kph in 6.9 seconds!

so I'll leave you with this link for now

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1995@$...0Conceptx.html
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, but, while there is no doubt that it's a beautiful van, I dont make 6 figures like my daddy :-P. I'm making $7.50/hr working as an engineering assistant. So eh, suspension lowering sounds a lot better than an F1 engine, cost-wise.

I cant be sure though, havent checked ebay yet.

Comment

Yes, I've seen F1 engines for $600 on Ebay. It's awesome. I almost wanted to do the swap to my MR2.

Comment

0-200Kph in 6 seconds??!! Holy sh1t!! Can you imagine painting that up so it looked like a regular minivan, and then running with the Ferrari boys down at the track? Who would have the balls to floor that thing??

Love the rear wing.

Comment

this thread is funny.. the thing about the fat guy make my day... lol

Comment

hehe, F1 Van
                    Attached Files

Comment

Paint the hood black, pretend its CF

Get a 1 liter bottle of soda, paint the inside white, slap in a NOS sticker, then mount it to your dash over the passenger side. Have a tube (fish tubing works) run from inside the bottle into a vent or something.

Get "Type R" on there somewhere, GTR skyline style works great of course too.

Wheres the shifter? Down between the seats or behind the wheel? If its down between the seats, boot a shift boot on it.. pretend its a manual shifter. Make sure you put it into neutral first if your on a hill as you start to go from say a redlight, let it roll back then go into D so you can pretend you have a manual.

Hub cap spinners from autozone or walmart (yes they have aricer section now) look awesome.

Forget underbody lights, christmas lights are in now.

Added: Of and make sure you put a "vtec" sticker on the back of your van, and then put one on top of the engine. Say its a jdm engine from a impreza with a integra head to implement the vtec system.

Point at the belt attached to your AC unit, that 8itch right there is your supercharger.
                      Last edited by SidewaysGts; 10-21-2004, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Amusing, for sure. The NOS thing wouldnt be hard. My dad is the owner of a very large company that deals in fire supression, including fire extinguishers (and larger cylindrical metal objects) - getting one wouldnt be a problem.

Hmm... the Impreza thing has me intrigued...

STi Ford Windstar?

Sounds like a plan. I have a friend that drives a modified '04 STi. 0-60 in 4.25, 1/4 in 11.something. He has decals.

Making it an AWD vehicle isnt hard. I have to find the length of the wheelbase. Get a rope twice as long, tie it in a circle right behind the tire.

Oh man, funny thought. If I put a turbo engine in the back with an intercooler, I wouldnt need a fancy intercooler spray button. A squirt bottle of super soaker would do the trick. I wouldnt like, mount it in the back in its own metal enclosure. I'd drill holes in the floorboard and use rope. Real men dont use bolts.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34202
                        Last edited by djwhiplash2001; 10-21-2004, 05:20 PM.

Comment

COOOOOOL FORD GT ENGINE =) i want one of those

Comment

How would I go about swapping an engine? :-P

I can drive, but I have, like, no engine experience. I'm like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder.

Comment

It can be done.

I've seen one spin before. They're bulky, but not as top-heavy as they look.

Comment

Eh, I dunno. I've done what I guess could be considered a drift in it, once.

I took an off-ramp that you REALLY need to do 35 at 65. When I went up on two wheels, I quickly realized that I needed to slow the hell down :-P. Then I did something of a braking drift. Weight shifted to the front, back end slid out. I only had to lose traction in one tire since the other one was probably still slightly off the ground. Good stuff.
                                Last edited by djwhiplash2001; 10-22-2004, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X