My SR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SR5

Aights, as most of you know... i recently bought a 1985 toyota corolla SR5. Over the next few months im going to be, doing the body work, a head swap and replaceing brakes clutch and the rear diff. Basiclly converting it a a Carb'ed GT-S...

DAY 1

Me and my brother brought it to the garage today. I started by cleaning it out and vaccuming the interior, then i continued to removed the hood and deck lid. They both had minor dents in them that will need to be pounded out. One tail light was broke so i pulled them both out. I'll be buying a set of JDM soon.

There was a large dent\ crease in the rear end, im assuming one of the previous owers backed into a pole... Its going to need a new rear bumper but thats ok. The major thing is the odd shaped dent that i cannot pull out. I'm going to recruit my pops to fix that... its out of my league.

In the trunk the previous ower being a "handy-man" decied to fill the rust holes with construction foam. It took nearly an hour to scrap most of it out... but theres still alot left in there. Theres GIANT holes in the trunk and wheel well, but im getting the welder in about a week.

The headlight motors seem to be broke, but I dont really care, i can get off my *Censored**Censored**Censored* and lift them up... a strange thing about them is the passangers side is like an inch away from the fender while the drivers side is flush.

I finished up the day with grinding on the wheel well openings, I have a bad feeling that theres already been body work to this car... but anywayz i decied to quit when i tried to turn on the compressor and my dad stole the hose...

I have a feeling this is going to be a loonngg project...but i am prepared to work.

I'll update ASAP...

Dude you chose the hard way but keep your head up. Probably $5000 and alot of work and you'll be in good shape!

If you have any q's just catch me one AIM.

Comment

DAY 2

Well today started as a bad day... and ended worse...

First, the heater was smoking and making werid sounds so it had to be turned off... (COLD!!)

I started work by grinding on the door, and door jambs... When i realized rust when under this one pastic body panel, I spent 20 some mins trying to get it off... and when i did... i found more my favorite FOAM...

Once i scrapped all the foam out... I noticed I need the welder and alot of sheet metal...

So i decied to start to fill the stuff I already grinded... cept.. NO BONDO...just an empty can...that made me mad...

Well the project is on hold untill I can get the welder...

Heres the shopping list for body work as of now...

1. Sheet Metal
      2. Bondo
      3. Tiger Hair(fiberglass)
      4. Grinder Discs

There goes the next paycheck...

Comment

post some pics man im a fellow sr5 owner too and i want to know some tips hehe heres my sr5 got it for 800 everthings fine everythign worse only problems is the bumper ouchh also i took off the minor rust the next thing is clean teh carpet and fix the bumper with prolly a front vertex bumper
        Attached Files

Comment

here's my sr5, my 1st 86

Comment

DAY 3

MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!

OOHH... What a good chirstmas...

My pops got me a huge tool kit for chirstmas... so i cant steal his tools anymore... but its all good.. then he took me to my grandpa's to get some bondo...

Well i filled a few the grind spots and am waiting for the peice to the compressor to D\A em down... and spray it...

I decied to see how dirty the carb was... it was fairly clean but i still cleaned it the rest the way , with some carb cleaner...

When I started it up, the motor sounded alot better but thats because the air cleaner off...

My dad came in and yelled at me for running the car in the garage when the doors shut... and spray all sorts of chemicals...

I took a short day... because well its chirstmas... and I wanted to drift in need for speed...

Comment

haha.. that all sounds pretty sweet man.. i know building a car can be a pain in the arse, but you seem to be having a good time doing it dispite hardships that you've encountered.. keep up the great work and update us often.. this is the fun stuff we all like to hear about

Comment

man i wish my sr5 was clean as that red one my car needs new paint (primer) to initial d color i didnt do it it was the previous owner nice to see sr5s coming along the way hehe too much gtss!

Comment

Sorry I didnt get to post last night...(house party)

DAY 4

Well I took the fender off, because I decied that it'd be easier just to replace them. Since there all rusted out... and the passengers side is all smashed up where the turn signal was...

Still no D\A or Air Tools...

DAY 5...

Ok... Today... I stole the D\A back from my brother and swapped around all sorts of stupid air tool hardware... I finally got to sand down the bondo on the doors... i got the other fender off and will prolly start looking for fenders at the junk yards on monday... I have some pics... but there too big to put on here... so i dont know what to do with them...

Comment

Sounds like fun. post some pics now and then

Comment

corolla diffs

Hi guys, I can help you with corolla diffs.

see post http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=1239

lock diffs drift

diffman

Comment

I know its not pretty... but neither are you...
                        Attached Files

Comment

omg dude, how much did you pay for that?

Comment

You have got to be kidding me!!! That thing needs a life line or just put the sucker to sleep man.... seriously
                            Last edited by StarShark; 12-29-2003, 01:21 AM.

Comment

$100... i didnt get ripped off... it still runs... and it not as bad as it looks on here...

Comment

Working...
                              X