FB rx-7's for drifting? Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB rx-7's for drifting? Good or Bad?

Hello my fellow drifters! i own a 1985 mazda rx-7 and was woundering if this car will be good enough for drifting? yes i know that its mostly the driver, but what are the cars capabilitys? Are there good suspension upgrades? how will it keep up with 240's and hachi' and all the other good cars? THANKS ALOT! Ive learned from you guys this is my favorite site!

you should do a search within the forum and the internet.
    that will yield the most info and the least amount of flaming.
    have a nice day!

Comment

well i thought i might get a little info from the pros before spending money on stuff i dont need! plus i want it down to a point!

Comment

Originally posted by RX7_Drifter
        well i thought i might get a little info from the pros before spending money on stuff i dont need! plus i want it down to a point!
        pros eh?

Comment

oh yeah dont you think ive done that already?
          thanks for nothin soultron! what a stooge!

Comment

you no. what im saying.

Comment

Please dont be scared to post i would really lke some opinions! thanks again!

Comment

look at your chassis code

why do people think their "FB". its an SA22C dammit. if its a gsl-se, then it could be a decent drifter out of the box, and in any case a first generation would make a sweet drifter-style wise. i dont know about actual performance/control.

Comment

good?

Comment

RE:

I know a guy that slides one. They're good to learn on, but when it times come to raise the bar, you'll find that there are barely any parts out there =\

Comment

well i guess it would be good for now then? so is it worth putting the money into? or should i just learn with the car stock, and save up for an fc instead?

Comment

What you just said. I love FBs. Almost as much as I love FCs. Youd be suprised how many ppl slide FBs. It can def be done. Its just not as good as an FC. So yeah, get the FB, do a lot of learning. Then, get an FC. You will be comfortable with the rotary and your techniques so the transition should be easy and the result...fun to watch.

Comment

thanks alot hachiroku. thats prob what im gonna do then.stick to the rotary power.

Comment

I own a 90 rx-7 and do alot of drifting and rallying and i say stick with you car at least for the time being a good friend of mine has the same car and they are great. check this place out if you havent already been there it may give you some ideas

fcstore.com

they have alot of stuff for your car.

Comment

i used to own a 86 rx7.... high red line motors.... 50/50 weight distribution.... good suspension... what else is better then that.... some even come turbo and there are sites like rx7.com that sell good parts... i bought from them before my engine flooded.... as for sliding ... cars just in peticular just cant compare... you have to test out your car...see how its running... every car is different ....see what you need to fix first and work from there

Comment

Working...
                              X