what engine should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what engine should I get

Hey guys I'm about to buy a 95-96 or a 90-93 240sx in three months. It's going to be my first project can't wait and my question is what is the best motor for the 240.I'm new to the drift scene and I need all the help I can get. So if you read this post please let me know. Thanks

91-98 come with a dual over head cam KA24, it's works fine for drifting. Has plenty of torque, torque breaks traction.

Might I suggest doing a little research before you make threads like this or you'll get torn apart like a fat kid in wolf territory

Comment

Ok how about if I want to swap then what is the best motor to put in .

Comment

Still a really dumb question. Actually, now you sound worse than you did with that first post. BTW weapon X, funny saying. Fat kid...hehe. And nice new avatar, but might I suggest you paint it orange.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
          Still a really dumb question. Actually, now you sound worse than you did with that first post. BTW weapon X, funny saying. Fat kid...hehe. And nice new avatar, but might I suggest you paint it orange.

Haha, how come you're not rocking yours?

Comment

Originally posted by DA WIZZARD
            Ok how about if I want to swap then what is the best motor to put in .
            How about a KA24?

Comment

S13 engines swaps are alot like breast, ask the old school guys and they will say bigger is better, but in actuality everyone has there own preferance, there is no "one best"

And dont do a swap just for the sake of it. Consider keeping the KA, especialy in its dual overhead cam variant, its a very good motor. Lots of displacement.

You need to start with a power goal, not just peak horse power but power band ect.. then figure out whats in your budget to achieve that goal.

Theres a nissan motor for every application and a different application for every person and preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                Haha, how come you're not rocking yours?
                Ive never had an avatar on this board. Im scared to pop that cherry. Also I don't really care to save yours then paint it then host it then link it. Also, everybody has their car, Im suprised you abandoned the YD av.

Comment

Same guy who made mine and cordes made you one, it was the color of your car.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...ghlight=avatar

Comment

Wow, I missed it. Sweet. Gotta put in in there now. I was wondering why you changed yours....

Comment

Yeah now my avatar matches my car, which you can see in my sig image.. (its the non pro car!)

we are getting off subject though

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                        we are getting off subject though
                        Yes, back to "best motor for the 240"

Comment

Im telling you, they are like breast, these motors...

Comment

a wankel in there should do.

Comment

Yeah if this is supposed to be treated like a real thread, then Im with ACD first, then P1ston2Rotary.

Comment

Working...
                              X