Turbo for my miata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo for my miata?

I have a brand new Garrette T25 turbo off of a Izuzu Desiel U-Haul. Its got a T4 exhaust flange, .67 exhaust, and . 48 on the intake. I've got a 1st Generation DSM BOV, Turbo XS Boost Controller, and the HKS turbo manifold is on my next list to buy. You think this would be a nice turbo for my miata? Why Or Why Not?
    Last edited by Waste Land; 12-01-2003, 06:57 PM.

Sounds good, pretty small so it should spool up nice and quick.

Comment

my friend found a wrecked TT supra in a junkyard... he was gonna rip out a tubo and put it in his integra.... but anywayz... im not mucha fan of turbo but was wondering whats big in terms of turbos?

Comment

Big turbos? T88, GT40R, T51R

Comment

i meant like... as big as a fist? bigger? smaller? what?

Comment

these are BIG. bigger then your fist. A t3/t4 (normal in turbo kits) is about the size of your fist, maybe a little bigger.

Comment

ever seen some of those Turbos of Mac Trucks....Beefy, lol

Comment

Re: Turbo for my miata?

Originally posted by Waste Land
                I have a brand new Garrette T25 turbo off of a Izuzu Desiel U-Haul. Its got a T4 exhaust flange, .67 exhaust, and . 48 on the intake. I've got a 1st Generation DSM BOV, Turbo XS Boost Controller, HKS turbo manifold. You think this would be a nice turbo for my miata? Why Or Why Not?
                how much did it cost ya'?

Comment

Actually the turbo hasnt cost me anything yet, just the other parts. My friend bought the turbo off ebay in the $300 range i think and will sell it to me for $300. I'm just holding it and seeing if it whats I want. I like drag and drift so im trying to find a turbo ideal for both

Comment

cool, what did the other parts cost? What all have you done to your miata?

Comment

HKS Manifold is $220, I bought the boost controller for $50, BOV for $50. Right Now it has custom exhuast, Weapon R intake, Bosal/Brospeed 4-2-1 Header, Autometer guages. I had some cheap Sears wheels on it but they took one hit on a downhill hairpin adn that was all of that so I'm rolling on stock again, lol. Kelly tires, they grip alot better than oI thought they would and for 14's they are $70, cheap cheap, lol I'll post some pics of the turbo after awhile

Comment

nice, what gains do you expect? HP, or 1/4th timeS?

Comment

I know miatas can get like 250 or 260 RWHP on stock internals. I'm kinda wanting to boost the horses but keep it reliable. As far as 1/4 times go, ive never got to run my car on 1/4 only on 1/8. I'm just wanting some nice reliable power so i can see the looks on the peoples faces when a miata beats their mustang gt or their riced out civic with a HUGE wing

Comment

what do u run 1/8th...I can tell around where you are, 1/4th. Can you drift your miata now?

Comment

It runs a 10.5 or so in an 1/8 on our really shitty Alabama track, lol. I'm guessing some where around a mid to high 15 to low 16 ona quarter, miatas are good 1st threw 3rd and thats it,a dn i use all of them in and 1/8. I can't really major drift my car, its mainly just me practicing on some turns that I enjoy. I'm still a little bit scared of getting the car to over steer on purpse because problems. I'm working on my throttle control at the moment because i broke my E-brake i dont start my drifts that way, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X