No announcement yet.

S13 Mad Understeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, and if you think the AE86 is easier to drive than the S13, just ask your friend to let you try to drift it. see how good you do

Comment

What is funny is that before the Drift Bible got it's English translation, S13's didn't have understeering issues...

Mental games at work.

As for the thread starter, are you shifting the weight forward when you are trying to get the rear end out, or hopeless stomping on the throttle hoping that it will kick the back end out?

If it's the latter, you need to learn to drive better.

You have to understand weight transfer, and how it can effect the grip of the front and rear tires.

If you are on the throttle, the weight is shifted back, and will decrease front traction, leading to understeer.

Go watch the professionals, and pay extra attention to the way their car pitch, and how they load up on the front suspension in most situation before initiating a drift.

Comment

Well, it's the right name for the hatchback as long as it has a SR20DET in it. Otherwise, it's the RMS13 with the KA.

'97 S14 SE Turb- Yes and no. The S13 had a reputation for having mild understeer when it came out, as far as car mag responses go. Also, in a C&D tire test, they noted how much more or how much less understeer a certain tire created in a 240SX hatch.

Comment

I have noticed that suddenly S13s are "Understeer monsters" usualy said from people who have never drove one.. Of course show me one 13 year old car thats stock that oversteers... maybe a AW11 in the rain.

and M is for KA24DE and H is for KA24E

Comment

All car since the Corvair, and Ralph Nadar have tuned in understeer.

No manufacturer will release an oversteering vehicle. Even the most balanced vehicle will understeer when pushed. That's done for legal liability purpose.

And again, every since the video, you hear lot more people say the S13 understeers...

Comment

My car is only lowerd 1-1/2 inches.My car understeers sick when i run canyons and i run good lines, so as far as me having techniqe issues drifting, it wouldent expalin me getting smoked by cars with ghetto set ups in the canyons.

Comment

im geting azenis next week for the front, i think it will help me alot

Comment

Originally posted by RPS13PILOT
                  im geting azenis next week for the front, i think it will help me alot
                  they will.... i pretty much have the same set up as you.... teins he but ive got mine set at 8 all the way around and various other suspension parts. i used to have the same problem with understeer got the azenis and noticed it was a lot better... but it would still sometimes understeer..... like the other guys said if youre goin balls out into a corner no matter what tires you got you will understeer.... you need to work on your technique if youre not sideways before enterting the turn you will understeer, right into the outside curb and believe me when i say that. i learned that lesson at 80kph

Comment

Originally posted by RPS13PILOT
                    My car is only lowerd 1-1/2 inches.My car understeers sick when i run canyons and i run good lines, so as far as me having techniqe issues drifting, it wouldent expalin me getting smoked by cars with ghetto set ups in the canyons.
                    Yes, it would. Your lines are good to you, but may not be optimal. Do some reading. Examples: Going Faster!, Speed Secrets 1 and 2, Drive to Win, and Secrets of Solo Racing. If your lines differ from their optimal lines... your lines are not good and may definitely be the cause of your understeer.

Comment

Working...
                    X