Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LexmarkX73
    go Top Secret style... RB26
    Top Secret pulled the RB26 and dropped a 3SG-TE engine in its place.Top Secret Supra

Comment

Originally posted by Rayne
      Top Secret pulled the RB26 and dropped a 3SG-TE engine in its place.Top Secret Supra

i think they are 2 different supras

Comment

so with the previous statements that were correct we have learned that the 1jz is a shorter stroke motor that flows better(due to the symetrical design of the cyl head unlike the 2jz, and because of the angle of the ports entering the head) and you don't have a problem getting parts for either motor. You obviously want a drift car not a drag car, and most likely you are reletively new to the sport as the most of us are. You need room to learn and get use to the car and you are looking at getting a larger car than most would choose to drift with. In my opinion I would prefer the 1jz as it has a longer broader power band and will be more forgiving under high rev throttle modulation, it has a lower deck higth than a 2jz (due to it's shorter stroke) wich gives it a lower center of gravity(balances your vehicle that much better), it is lower dispacement so if tuned correctly can be more fuel efficient than the larger dispacement 2j, toyota has recently anounced the end of the 2j so factory parts will start raising in price but they have no plans of stopping production of the 1j, the 1j was used in many more cars than the 2jz-GTE, so swapping will be cheaper by far and a blown 1j wouldn't be quite as devastating as a blown 2j due to it's availability. piston speed is way down on a 1j so wear and tear won't be as bad, just stay away from the vvti-l 1j if you are looking to mod it. good luck with your decision.

Comment

What is a "the vvti-l 1j"? What year jzx-90 did it come in? Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure what year it started but it is a system wich has variable cam timing and lift which is like, from what i've heard, the nissan hicas that everyone dissables. it is great for a flat power curve but most eliminate it after about 400hp, also look out for the traction control engines as they have a different throttle body that closes when slipping is detected much like the older porsche traction control systems, it is more difficult to wire that engine and harness in without using the traction control. i was also told that the throttle body on those are a bit smaller diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by VWTECH
              I'm not sure what year it started but it is a system wich has variable cam timing and lift which is like, from what i've heard, the nissan hicas that everyone dissables. it is great for a flat power curve but most eliminate it after about 400hp, also look out for the traction control engines as they have a different throttle body that closes when slipping is detected much like the older porsche traction control systems, it is more difficult to wire that engine and harness in without using the traction control. i was also told that the throttle body on those are a bit smaller diameter.
              hicas is rear wheel steering, not valve timing

Comment

I was WAY off on that but I know that the rb26's have some valve timing adjustment system i just forgot that accronym, my bad

Comment

Working...
                X