No announcement yet.

My Fellow FC drifters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet man...why did you go from FC to 86? just curious.

Comment

• bailer

jk man, gl with the hachi, i've been getting pretty let down by my fc, i'm in the middle of my rebuild, found some funked up parts and my cost is going through the roof. ahh well, it'll be worth it

Comment

• I need some advice on what I should start doing for my FC (besides cosmetics) I posted it up ages ago so I dont know if any of you guys remember it, but as the current mods go I have Racing Beat Exhaust tips, Falken Tires (front), some sport clutch, new air filter, and tokiko suspension (I thinks its too low) Its NA '87 fc.

Comment

• Originally posted by NHDrifter
          sweet man...why did you go from FC to 86? just curious.
          I just didn't have a choice :P

Don't get me wrong I loved my FC. It broke down on me, and cost was just not at my range, so we donated it. Fortunately my bro lend me some $ to purchase an 86. He told me to learn on the 86 before crossing over to more sophisticated machines such as an FC or FD. We race GRIP when we have the time (track of course) and I learn so much from the 86, ABS/TCS/DTSS don't exist in an 86. I never knew I had it in me to manuver such a agile car. 86s are like training wheels for your bike, once you realized that it can no longer teach you, you depart from it and apply all the knowledged you learn from it to a different setup.

I'm giving myself a few more years (i'm already 23) and i'll cross back to the Rotoray Turbo side. RX-7 is like the 67 Mustangs to my older friends. They've always want one when they were a kid, now that they are a little bit older and financially stable they can afford their childhood car.

Someday when I'm maturer (is that even a word?), I'll get my Beloved FC back! (or FD :P)

Comment

• Originally posted by AaronConklin
            I need some advice on what I should start doing for my FC (besides cosmetics) I posted it up ages ago so I dont know if any of you guys remember it, but as the current mods go I have Racing Beat Exhaust tips, Falken Tires (front), some sport clutch, new air filter, and tokiko suspension (I thinks its too low) Its NA '87 fc.

It looks like you have the same model as i did. (1987 FC SE base model) w/ open diff and 4 lugs (correct me if i'm wrong here).

Well I suggest some nice coil-overs. I can't say what really are effective to your application because I've never driven an FC with racing spec coil-overs before. But If your in a budget Racing Beat Springs and some Tokico shocks are fairly within someones price range. Also, if you haven't been keeping up with the preventative maintenance, a complete bushing set is really recommended. With a combination of fresh bushings, new shocks and springs you can really feel the great handling of the FC.

Obviously your are drifting your FC, so new OEM Brake system (pads, rotors, brake and clutch lines) and shoes (for your e-brake) are a good addition to your FC trust me these are a must, this is how I scrapped my car :-(.

I say no need for high price gears. Learn gradually, use lower kind of brand until you feel that you need to step to the next level.

I don't want to make this a long post so good luck in your ventures. FCs are great machines.
            Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 07-10-2005, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trots*88TII-AE*
              bailer

jk man, gl with the hachi, i've been getting pretty let down by my fc, i'm in the middle of my rebuild, found some funked up parts and my cost is going through the roof. ahh well, it'll be worth it

I know what you mean. But an 86s is no exception. I have a 20yr old car. I literally had to strip the car down to (almost) frame and start from there. My cost is already up there. (almost 10k w/ the car )

So don't think just because I bought an 86 i'm looking for a cheaper way out. Compare the FC to an 86, the cost is almost the same.

Comment

• yea, if i really wanted a cheap way out i'd go buy a 240, i think they sell them at mike's mart now

Comment

• Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. I fully suggest that anyone who is serious about getting into this needs to go ahead and do a full bushing kit along with the rear toe eliminator kit. I'll go ahead and list my mods just for the hell of it.
                  '87 TII
                  huge streetport with 7K miles on it
                  Walbro 255lph fuel pump
                  All TB mods done
                  All emissions removed
                  3" open pipe all the way from turbo back
                  Griffin aluminum racing rad
                  Flex-a-lite Black Magic e-fan
                  Freshly rebuilt tranny
                  RP underdrive main pulley
                  Higgi's rotor faced dual alternator pulley
                  Tial 50mm BOV
                  3" intake

And here's the list of what I have either just ordered or will be ordering in the next month.
                  Haltech E6X
                  A-Spec tuning GT35R turbo and manifold with Tial 46mm WG
                  Exedy hyper single and flywheel
                  Spearco IC core to go with the custom V-mount brackets I've already finsihed.
                  Apex'i GT spec catback
                  new 550 primaries and 1600cc secondaries with a KG parts rail
                  Aeromotive FPR
                  Tein superdrift coilovers or Silkroad coilovers (still up in the air about this one.)
                  Steering angle increase kit from Mazdatrix
                  Energy suspension full bushing kit
                  DTSS elminator kit
                  steel braided lines for oil, coolant, fuel, brakes, and clutch
                  Pineapple racing alternator relocation kit

All of that will be in the car in December or Jan. I'm currently in the desert on a deployment so the car is on hold. But it's all good. I'll also be relocating the battery into the driver's side storage bin when I get back. And if anyone on here wants to run a Haltech EMS then PM me. I have about the best price you're going to find in the U.S. on them. I'm really glad to see all of the FC's posting on this board!!

Zach
                  Last edited by Boostedrex; 07-11-2005, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boostedrex
                    Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this thread until now. I fully suggest that anyone who is serious about getting into this needs to go ahead and do a full bushing kit along with the rear toe eliminator kit. I'll go ahead and list my mods just for the hell of it.
                    '87 TII
                    huge streetport with 7K miles on it
                    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
                    All TB mods done
                    All emissions removed
                    3" open pipe all the way from turbo back
                    Griffin aluminum racing rad
                    Flex-a-lite Black Magic e-fan
                    Freshly rebuilt tranny
                    RP underdrive main pulley
                    Higgi's rotor faced dual alternator pulley
                    Tial 50mm BOV
                    3" intake

And here's the list of what I have either just ordered or will be ordering in the next month.
                    Haltech E6X
                    A-Spec tuning GT35R turbo and manifold with Tial 46mm WG
                    Exedy hyper single and flywheel
                    Spearco IC core to go with the custom V-mount brackets I've already finsihed.
                    Apex'i GT spec catback
                    new 550 primaries and 1600cc secondaries with a KG parts rail
                    Aeromotive FPR
                    Tein superdrift coilovers or Silkroad coilovers (still up in the air about this one.)
                    Steering angle increase kit from Mazdatrix
                    Energy suspension full bushing kit
                    DTSS elminator kit
                    steel braided lines for oil, coolant, fuel, brakes, and clutch
                    Pineapple racing alternator relocation kit

All of that will be in the car in December or Jan. I'm currently in the desert on a deployment so the car is on hold. But it's all good. I'll also be relocating the battery into the driver's side storage bin when I get back. And if anyone on here wants to run a Haltech EMS then PM me. I have about the best price you're going to find in the U.S. on them. I'm really glad to see all of the FC's posting on this board!!

Zach
                    that'll be a sweet ride when you're done, i'm still in the process of rebuilding/porting mine (waiting on parts) and it seems like it's going to be forever before i can drive it let alone mod it as much as i want!

Comment

Working...
                    X