No announcement yet.

My Fellow FC drifters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats normal when the engine is cold the car flips a choke plate closed mine done the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessFC3Sman
      I was also wondering if a high idle was normal on start-up? It hangs at about 1500-2000 RPM for about 5-10 min, and then drops down to sub-1000 levels (~800) is this normal?
      Yup. That's very normal If you want to dis-able the high RPM @ start up. Just put the it on 1st gear then start the car. That will drop it to normal

Comment

need a motor 13BT

Hey all my FC friends..

I'm looking for a S5 13BT motor..

used, rebuilt, or new..

PM me if anybody has it and prices ..
        Thanks..

Comment

Lookie here:

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectD
            Lookie here:
            What springs are those? Stock Shocks right?

Comment

not tryin to be a smart as s, but what are we looking at? did i miss something?

Comment

I guess I can stick this question here. Ive been looking at carbs for my FC and I was wondering if anybody (drifter) has done this. Any problems with bogging under heavy side loads? Affect on throttle response? And generally anything associated with such a conversion?

Comment

I guess I can stick this question here. Ive been looking at carbs for my FC and I was wondering if anybody (drifter) has done this. Any problems with bogging under heavy side loads? Affect on throttle response? And generally anything associated with such a conversion?

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s

not sure about the effects on that with rotories and drifting, but I can vouch that in D1, the 8-6's had no problems with them!! Loud as hell too!!
                    I would think it would be good for a quick initial "pop" of power to kick the as$ out. not a real pro on carbs though...

Comment

'nother question

Ok, another question having to do with getting acquainted with my car... Ive picked up that rotaries in general are very prone to flooding and then just refusing to start. I think this is whats happened to mine. Is there something you can do to get the car to start again? I pulled mine out of the garage, warmed the engine up, and then shut it off to work on stuff, and afterwards it wouldnt start. I know the fuel is pretty low in it, but as i was cranking it, there was a lot of gas-smell outside the car... i guess from going thru the engine into the exhaust. Is this flooding something that will go away after the car sits for a while (its gonna be in my garage for almost a week before i try to start it again), or do I have to do something to get the fuel out? Thanks!

Comment

q for topless

topless,

I dont know much about cars, but I just bought an 88' mazda and have recently gotten interested in cars and drifting and stuff. I guess i picked it up from my brother. Anyway, what kind of mazda do you have? and my brother tells me they have rotary engiones but i have no idea what that means!! hahaa explanation>>>???

Comment

Re: 'nother question

to de-flood you can pull the plugs and crank it over and it'll spit it all out. An option is to run a switch so you can manually cut the fuel pump off as well.

Ok, another question having to do with getting acquainted with my car... Ive picked up that rotaries in general are very prone to flooding and then just refusing to start. I think this is whats happened to mine. Is there something you can do to get the car to start again? I pulled mine out of the garage, warmed the engine up, and then shut it off to work on stuff, and afterwards it wouldnt start. I know the fuel is pretty low in it, but as i was cranking it, there was a lot of gas-smell outside the car... i guess from going thru the engine into the exhaust. Is this flooding something that will go away after the car sits for a while (its gonna be in my garage for almost a week before i try to start it again), or do I have to do something to get the fuel out? Thanks!

Comment

Re: 'nother question

Ok, another question Is there something you can do to get the car to start again? Thanks!

it's pretty simple to fix that. just look under the dashboard for a large yellow plug. pull it, let it run til' it dies, then plug it back in.Or you could find the fuel injector or fuel pump(does it have a fuse?) fuse and pull it out. I've got a switch hooked to mine makes for a good theft deterrent.

Comment

Or. Instead of pulling the plugs and deflooding, putting in a switch for deflooding, etc. All you have to do is mash the throttle to the floor and crank the engine, if you do it and it still will not start, then pull the fuel pump fuse and crank for 8 seconds to release the fuel, anything over 8 seconds will void all oil from the engine, then put the fuse back in and try to crank again.

Jay

Comment

Thanks, Ill give that a shot when I get a chance to work on it again this friday or saturday.

Mazdachick7- I have an 88 RX-7 (thus the FC3S part of my name) convertable (the topless part), manual (the man part, besides that I am male lol). got it a couple months ago and been slowly working on it. A rotary engine is a type of engine that, instead of cylinders and pistons going back and forth in expansion and compression, has 2 triangles spinning inside epitrochoids (similiar in shape to ovals), and the gaps between the walls of the epitrochiods and triangles change size, producing the contractions and expansions. There are a lot of good demonstrations on how they work online if your interested, just google it. BTW, what type of car do you have?

Back to the no-start problem, I think switches for fuel cut-off are already installed by the previous owner, but Im really not sure exactly how he had them wired. playing with the switches doesnt really seem to help anything tho... there are two switches run to the fuel pump, when i flip one of them the fuel gauge drops to E (not that it has very far to drop at the moment), and the other one doesnt do anything immediately noticable.
                                I do know that big yellow plug, I had unplugged it and taken out the box it was connected to to get to the door speaker amp to get those speakers working. I put the box back in afterwards and plugged it in again, and after that the car wouldnt start (meaning it started before i started digging under the dash). Is there anything under there that i might have hit and screwed up?
                                Anywho, thanks for your replies, im gonna try that when i get a chance!

Comment

Working...
                                X