FC RX7 specs...N/A reliable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC RX7 specs...N/A reliable???

hey guys, well my mk3 turbo supra is up and going, i dont want to put alot of miles on her...so i need a daily driver.....a fun one

first, i want a FC rx7, are the NON turbo's reliable at all?

what are the differences b/t the non turbo and the turbo?

what motor did the non turbos have in them?

what were MAJOR flaws or problems with that series of rx7?

heck, all i knwo is i want one....and what should i look for in one?

thanks so much guys,

Jonathan

NA's are very reliable, put a nice full exhaust on there and that will give u a good hp jump up. Boost is a factor that tends to lessen the life ina rotary, but do the regular oil change, spark plugs (i change them every 6 months) and any other stuff and u will be just fine. If u can find a 89-91 model they are newer and tend to have alittle more hp, a GTUs is basically a turbo model without the turbo so u get a nice LSD. The engine is a 13b. It would be hot to run a nice individual throttle body on the intakes. That would clean up the engine signifigantly. But anymore questions just ask

Comment

Agreed. N/A = long Rotary life, Turbo = short, cussing, hair pulling out, short lived fast death.

Comment

Turbos are good to, just most people mod stupid dont get the right tuning and pop. You can build a strong turbo FC and easily have it last 80-100k but after that any car no matter piston or rotary isnt gonna be worth *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Ahhh... I don't know if you know tat, but Ghost personally has an FD which has made him some problems. And I wouldn't say that he had it tuned in a wrong way or with some bugs. It just depends on a motor, it won't go beyond it's limits. You can make it reach it's limits later, but it surely will die sometime if you don't rebuild it after some time.

NA's are definetely more reliable than turbos. I suppose that's because of rotary engines tendency to overheat (mostly FD I suppose), and the turbos making the temperature even higher.

Comment

Well FD motors just require alittle more attention, i beleive he was still twins, which creates alot of heat, but if he were to go single, with a large radiator, and a vented hood he would be fine

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
              NA's are very reliable, put a nice full exhaust on there and that will give u a good hp jump up. Boost is a factor that tends to lessen the life ina rotary, but do the regular oil change, spark plugs (i change them every 6 months) and any other stuff and u will be just fine. If u can find a 89-91 model they are newer and tend to have alittle more hp, a GTUs is basically a turbo model without the turbo so u get a nice LSD. The engine is a 13b. It would be hot to run a nice individual throttle body on the intakes. That would clean up the engine signifigantly. But anymore questions just ask
              What is the quad rotor set up?
              where do i get one from? I have a video of the SCAT 4 rotor fd.....pretty hot eh?

lol...

i just want a good fun car for backroads....and highway miles...

how much do you think i can find a decent fc?
              Last edited by mk3mann; 10-14-2004, 03:29 PM.

Comment

quad rotor is basically race oriented only, ive pretty damn expensive and not intended for daily driven street use, considering some 4 rotor aplications can get u 700hp NA

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                  quad rotor is basically race oriented only, ive pretty damn expensive and not intended for daily driven street use, considering some 4 rotor aplications can get u 700hp NA

i love the way they sound though!

lol...

what motor is the N/A rx7 motor have ? the 13 B 2 rotor?

Comment

yea its a 13 b 2 rotor.
                    Im selling my NA FC convertible if your interested.

Comment

700hp n/a

Comment

just imagine with a large turbo setup, possibly a 2 big turbos. Can someone say 2000hp?

Comment

:O~~~~~~~ Plump buttery goodness!

2000HP? Good lord thats alot from a rotary. Wouldnt that just make the engine last like 2 hours at most?! LOL sounds like the engines that they used to use in nascar, back a couple of years ago. For qualifying they would sacrafice an engine by using water instead of oil, you got alot of less weight and you got one hella fast lap, but you lost an engine! :P

Comment

In Hurley Engineering they make custom 4 rotor NA engines, which are composed from 13B parts and a custom eccentric shaft. The power outputs are going to be high, but not as high as 700HP. Remember that Mazda787B racecar had an R26B NA quad rotor (Jesus, now that's some kind of nice machinery), which had variable intake length, and it posted around 750 at the flywheel. I don't think that it's going to put THAT much in a street car... Considering the fact that guys in Japan can pump 350 NA horses from a 20B with turbos taken off (example: JGTC Amemiya Aspara Drink RX-7), it shouldn't be a problem to go over 430 in a quad rotor. The guys at www.4rotor.com have an RX-7 quad rotor project car. It's going to be a monster, I'm telling you...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              In Hurley Engineering they make custom 4 rotor NA engines, which are composed from 13B parts and a custom eccentric shaft. The power outputs are going to be high, but not as high as 700HP. Remember that Mazda787B racecar had an R26B NA quad rotor (Jesus, now that's some kind of nice machinery), which had variable intake length, and it posted around 750 at the flywheel. I don't think that it's going to put THAT much in a street car... Considering the fact that guys in Japan can pump 350 NA horses from a 20B with turbos taken off (example: JGTC Amemiya Aspara Drink RX-7), it shouldn't be a problem to go over 430 in a quad rotor. The guys at www.4rotor.com have an RX-7 quad rotor project car. It's going to be a monster, I'm telling you...
                              well I thought about staying with Toyota and getting an old school cressida and rebuilding a 7mge ( non turbo) motor for it...torque....but 4 doors on backroads dont mix that well...or maybe in the case of the cressida there is an acception....

I ahve always loved the FC rx7...and i dont care for the turbo...thats just if you want to blow it up soon ..

I am going to TRY to get a hardtop ( NO sunroof at all)...n/a...i want fun every day driving

Comment

Working...
                              X