No announcement yet.

FC RX7 specs...N/A reliable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a periphrial Port 13B in my 90 GXL it was alot of fun 300WHP at 14000RPM. The car was loud but so much fun. We also have a 700WHP 3rd gen RX7 which was in D-Sport this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftin180sx
      I had a periphrial Port 13B in my 90 GXL it was alot of fun 300WHP at 14000RPM. The car was loud but so much fun. We also have a 700WHP 3rd gen RX7 which was in D-Sport this month.
      I call your *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

^ i'm gonna have to agree.

Comment

14k rpm? HOW?! Man alive, did you put a Hayabusa engine inside and twin-turbocharged it or what?

Comment

yes and my 86 revs up to 11,000 and makes exactly 240 hp.. did i tell you i can drift with a cup of water and not spill a drop? i have to or i may damage my pizzas during delivery runs.

Comment

Yeah, and your car has "Fujiwara Tofu Shop" marks on the side... I think I know it from somewhere.

Let's get back to reality guys!

Comment

a 300hp PP13B revving 14k is believable(Jesus Padilla revs his 16k) but an 18yr old owning one is highly unlikely, unless mom and dad are paying for it. Until i see pics of this car i'm gonna call B.S.

Comment

Thats different.. and u know it

an FB with a 20b... come on...

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
                    a 300hp PP13B revving 14k is believable(Jesus Padilla revs his 16k) but an 18yr old owning one is highly unlikely, unless mom and dad are paying for it. Until i see pics of this car i'm gonna call B.S.
                    i agree with you in everything that you wrote...a PP13b engine its like black widow poison....a moooora foooka killah thing!!

Comment

I've hear that the Mazda engineers did an experiment on a 12A or 13B, but that was some years ago. They were revving it more and more till the engine died. Do you know what did they reach? 34k rpm. 34000!!!

Comment

holy crap!!! .. might as well be a jet engine...thats crazy.

Comment

Well think about it and the reason why is pretty obvious.

Piston engines as they move redirect their piston, ie up then down.

Rotaries, its just one constant direction in a circle (sort of a circle at least) so its speeds will rise up and up until something goes out

Comment

Yup, that's right. The rotor ends are sliding on the trochoid - shaped housing walls. And it gives (at least it should give - that's theory) the same power output as a conventional piston engine that has three times more cylinders than the number of rotors and two times bigger displacement. Reason? In a modern rotary, the rotor makes three processes at one time (for instance: while one rotor wall is burning the air/fuel mixture, the next one moves the exhaust to the exhaust port, and the other one sucks the air inside the chamber - that's why is it three times more efficient than a piston engine), and finishes the burning process during 360 degree eccentric shaft movement, whereas the four stroke engine makes it in 720... It's quite a different story with the two strokes, tough.

That's why I love rotaries... I also like Subaru boxer engines, but not because of that.

Comment

low cob

Comment

Working...
                              X