No announcement yet.

Portland, OR Drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool man! I will let you know what time we head out at.. probably won't be till late.

Comment

• Originally posted by MM86
      Cool man! I will let you know what time we head out at.. probably won't be till late.
      Ok ill see what preps i can finish on the MkII. And see about taking it out.

Comment

• just hit me up on AIM: Dorifto e30

Comment

• badalignment owns the understeer

Comment

• Yo Lunchbox! what are you talking about? you crash again bro?

Comment

• LOL no i didnt crash i was just saying in general...post or so back someone talked about alignment. Everyone usually knows when someone crashes in like a day or 2 anyways. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
                LOL no i didnt crash i was just saying in general...post or so back someone talked about alignment. Everyone usually knows when someone crashes in like a day or 2 anyways. LOL
                Yup! I was just correcting the alignment angles for the car since its sits a couple inches lower than stock. Its something that gets overlooked alot when changing wheel size or ride height. Mine is still stock but the 22 yr. old springs are worn down to about where I want the ride height when i get new springs. The spring travlel wont feel exactly right compared to new springs but the way the car likes to track will be the same. You cant use the same alignment angles as stock spec with a non stock ride height because those angles are taking into account the way stock suspension travels. It wont make the car dangerous per say but you wont get the most out of what you got either. It also impacts tire wear and the treads contact patch. Its important to get as much out of the tire especially since drifting is so hard on them. The supra now has 100 miles on its new engine with no sign of major problems as of yet. I cant wait to get new suspension. Im rebushing everything and installing a cage and tower braces. Then the MkII is really gonna tear it up. I still want to meet up with spme people.

Ciao...

Comment

• Yeah, I broke my left front tie rod and control arm last night due to the nasty understeer. Fortunately I had a few of those laying around my garage!!! I don't have and extra 5zigen wheel though!!!

Comment

• Yeah mang!! That was NO GOOD at all!! What did the wifey say?!?!?! Damn you Matt you son of B*tch Im gonna kill you if you wreck that thing 1 more time!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• WTF?!?!

Originally posted by mlmsilvias14
                      Yeah, I broke my left front tie rod and control arm last night due to the nasty understeer. Fortunately I had a few of those laying around my garage!!! I don't have and extra 5zigen wheel though!!!
                      Did you understeer into something? Or did the wheel spin out of your hand and slam into the lock? Tie Rods and control arms rarely just break. Were the bushings old? And how fast were you going?
                      Just curious.... I want to get an S13 and s14 someday and just want to learn more about those cars. As I hear the S13 can tend to understeer with its stock configuration due to alot of neg caster. Got any pics of the damage?

Comment

• He pretty much overspead out of the final turn at one of our local spots and slid into the curb. he plowed into it at about 45+mhp and the front wheel took the blunt of the impact and the rear wheel just kissed the curb. It was dry and he was carring AMAZING High Speedo out of the final turn and half way out of drift he realized that he ways goin a little to fast and used his amazing driving skill to avoid hitting the telephone poll that was less than 5 feet away and just sacrificed a tie rod instead of possibly destroying a beautiful car...........

Comment

• AhHa

OK that makes sense. Hope he didnt tweak the frame.

Comment

• Na his frame is fine Im sure. His wheel took the blunt of the impact with the tie rod takin some too.

Comment

• accidents like that...ive pinched my frame both left and right side....at least its even now!!! LOL rob pinched the frame on the right side when he crashed at that one spot, and i pinched the left side when i crashed that one night. :-D

Comment

• It's all fixed now. I changed all the parts this morning when I got to work. The only damage was the lower control arm,and tie rod. fixed in about ten minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X