ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS*R Drift Festival, Chicagoland Speedway (September 26th 2004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im there....
    i say we get a hotel room the night before, and drink a few toasts to the competers

Comment

joliet is not that far, I like like 20 minutes from the place, probably like a half hour for you.

Comment

party at his house ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I'm down for having some fun and meeting people before the comp/show. But I highly disagree with under aged drinking. 21^ only if alcohol is involved with the geet together.....Hotel party wooooowho.

maybe

Comment

My house will probably off limits then. Plus I plan on getting some decent rest since I am competing. Go find the hotel the pro drivers are staying at (its a good list too )

Comment

More updates have been added to our website at www.driftday.com

Confirmed appearance by:

Alex Pfieffer
              Taka Aono and Hiroo Sumida (Team Drift Association)
              Ken Gushi
              Rhys Millen

Thanks,

Naoki
              Drift Association LLC.

Comment

thats awesome are they competing? or just exhibition?

Comment

i also heard that rosspetty was gonna be there in the grip FD is this confirmed yet or just rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by INFO

Sunday, September 26th 2004
                    Chicagoland Speedway
                    Chicago, Illinois

Event Highlights:

Drift Exhibitions
                    Featuring top RS*R Drivers Kazu Hayashida and Manabu Orido.

Open class Drift Competition
                    10 Seeded Drivers will compete against local talent.

Car Show

Click the images to the left to view the full size flyer.

Entry Fees:
                    $150 for competitors (includes one pit crew member)
                    $20 for Pre-Sale spectators
                    $25 at the Gate

Drift Association is proud to announce another partnership with RS*R to bring the RS*R Drift Festival to Chicago, Illinois. On Sunday September 26th the Second RS*R Drift Festival will feature Manabu Orido and Kazu Hayashida as exhibition drivers. These guys are some of the top drifters in the world, and will put on a show to remember.

MAPQUEST
                    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...rch=++Search++

Chicagoland Speedway: 815-727-7223
                    500 Speedway Blvd Joliet, IL 60433

http://www.driftday.com/rsr.htm
                    ah, you got here before i did. but i heard this from http://www.club4ag.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift
                      thats awesome are they competing? or just exhibition?
                      My understanding is that some of them will be competing. It will be 2 classes, locals, and pros. Top 3 or 4 locals go against the pros. Prizes and yadayada.

Also the post INFO made is somewhat wrong, it is now at Route 66 Raceway not Chicagoland Speedway, but they are right next to each other.

Comment

Sounds cool...i'm so there. It will be nice to finally meet some sort-of local guys..Kid, Eric tells me your team is pretty good. You sent him some vids and stuff...Is your team competing. and is Indiana consided "Local"?

Comment

Ya I guess you guys are local, especially since most of our events happen in your state . It should be easy to get to for you guys, just take 80 west till you see signs for the "speedways", like 5 minutes off 80.

The three cars (tandeming) in the vid I gave him will be competing but the silvia coupe will be staffing.

Comment

Sweet...well can't wait to meet you guys. We should all be in AeroStage/Velocity gear. If my car isn't still together by then ( look above avatar <-- ) to compete. Here is my Good Luck in advance.

I was wondering how much did it cost you to rent out TireRack?
                            Thinking of doing it for some good practice track time.
                            Or is it just an event only type track?

If you wouldn't mind a drive we could probably try to set up some practice time here in Indy at a place. Eric knows more about it than I do, but I think he said it is like $1500 for 6 hours on the track....it's like an Auto-x course. We could probably make a meet out of it and charge admission for the meet to pay for the track time. Just an idea.
                            Give me some feed back on what you think.

Sorry this is so long and off topic...

Comment

Sweet, finaly a drift event in the midwest. I will be there for sure.

Also maybe we can get an event setup at the autobahn country club in Jolie IL. The track is 40ft wide and I have some conections there.

Comment

to keep this thread on topic ill just pm you.

Comment

Working...
                                X